NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Order Flow Analytics (www.orderflowanalytics.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one paganini with 18 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 15 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 12 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OrderFlowAnalytics with 10 posts (18 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Aragorn with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two OrderFlowAnalytics with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tatay with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 222,610 views
    2. thumb_up 181 thanks given
    3. group 122 followers
    1. forum 313 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

Order Flow Analytics (www.orderflowanalytics.com)

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,207
Thanks Received: 101,599

FulcrumTrader View Post
set up at his TrendScalping site

BTW, a vendor thread exists for this already for those interested:

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
22 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks
 Focustrader 
NJ

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: several
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Anyone, who is using OFA v5 for ES futures can you please comment on, how it is helping in the entry accuracy?

OFA doesn't have a subscription based service right? Like say, if one wants to try it for 1 or 2 months.

Thanks
Focustrader

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

Focustrader View Post
Anyone, who is using OFA v5 for ES futures can you please comment on, how it is helping in the entry accuracy?

OFA doesn't have a subscription based service right? Like say, if one wants to try it for 1 or 2 months.

Thanks
Focustrader

Use MarketDelta?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Focustrader 
NJ

Lornz, yes I am familiar with MD/gomladder. Wanted to know about ofa v5 from user's perspective,
but didn't hear from any ofa users. May be hardly anyone using ofa.

--
Focustrader

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

I posted this on another thread. I had a group of friends that all purchased the system and training. Expensive and worthless is what I gained out of it.

No better no worse than any other discretionarily used software. With some nice bells and whistles though. I sat through the sales presentation and I didn't see it being any different, but my friend gave up after 60 days.

Focustrader 
NJ

Thanks Bluemele for sharing your experience. Is there any other thread,where there has been a discussion on OFA from user's perspective ?

--
Focustrader

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Focustrader View Post
Thanks Bluemele for sharing your experience. Is there any other thread,where there has been a discussion on OFA from user's perspective ?

--
Focustrader

This should be it, but somebody posted yesterday about it and I mentioned it in more detail.

I believe you should just learn MP if you choose to and then if/when you get good with it then evaluate the OFA. The OFA is not going to make you a great trader in my opinion.

The guy who created the software loses most days... Tell you something?

Try this.

Jigsaw Trading  Jigsaw Trading is an official Site Sponsor

Thanks Given: 831
Thanks Received: 10,393

omaron View Post
Gomi's tools are great indeed, but can it do this too: YouTube - OrderFlowAnalytics's Channel ?

You can fast forward to about minute 9 of the video, fist half is basic trailing and theory.

For me (that is a newbie) looks very interesting and useful to keep you out of trouble (if is not another thing that only works 5% of the time)

One of the keys to using delta/order flow/ @bid vs @ask is that it is different in different markets.

As we discussed on another thread - the use of limit orders and market orders is different across thin and thick markets. The same can be said about spoofing too. Not only that but the volatility changes too, the ES this week was different from the ES a month ago.

So - if you see a tool like this, if it offers a panacea to trade management in ANY market with a single fixed rule system - then it's nonsense.

Take a look at a cumulative delta study of the YM and then one of the ES. On the YM - price goes up, delta goes down for extended periods. The market is effectively driven by people entering on limit orders at these times. On the ES, you very rarely see the same thing.

Tape reading and order book analysis are market specific. OFA may have resolved this somehow and have some sort of self learning system.

The key to trading is making decisions yourself. OFA has some stuff that looks useful to me - the stuff on price clusters is good and I use price clusters myself but I do that with a low timeframe chart. Some of their stuff is of the 'green light buy/red light sell' genre. This offers you absolution - from actually having to analyse the market and make a decision. We all looked for that when we started but I've yet to meet anyone that got profitable that way.

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E
Thanks Given: 215
Thanks Received: 359

It seems to me that any tool that seeks to identify changes in order flow has to first, as it's foundation, identify areas of S/R. S/R are the only true leading indicators. I visited a trading room a few weeks back and was impressed with their S/R levels (from JS Services). IMHO maybe try to find a vendor that has a reliable track record for identifying S/R areas and then use other, less expensive tools to try to "confirm" if a level is going to hold. Just a suggestion.

Init 
Raleigh North Carolina

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: ES, levered ETF's
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 44

I cant believe I stumbled on this OFA thread.
I just finished a 2 month training with them. Its funny to hear the wide range of views about his technology. I can tell you that after 19 years of position and swing trading, the last year or so, I have decided to be a full time trader. Now i'm in the process of getting my plan together for daytrading around my swing and core positions. With daytrading, I knew I wanted to start at the meat of price action. I chose OFA, It was $2500 for the video library and live trading room for 2 months.(which I just finished)
then its $2500 for the OFA pro package software
Then its $2500 for a few more options and his "trade tracker" technology which is what looks like a slidescale that is tracking buying and selling flows AFTER you are in the trade. The algo parameters identify qualified momentum shifts and automatically takes you out. Nobody in the room trades without it. (for exits only)
You can adjust the parameters in more volitile markets or just click it off.
His volume cluster charts are designed with the same momentum shifts which makes a new bar on every shift. So his charts look nothing like i've ever seen. You see all price action for that bar in the form of one directional monentum segment. I'ts weired but cool. I was still trading my 15sec and 2min charts while using his posted traderoom chart for my entries. This is no lie, Combining orderflow trading with my swing style has been the majic stick for me.
I have not bought the software yet. Thats why its funny I found this because I'm trying see if there is anything similar here. So far my head is spinning with the cool ways you all work together building stuff.
I can say that OFA is pretty expensive but is in no way, a scam
As with any software, If you aren't consistant with your rules and cut losses, no software will help
It will take me a month to look at all the stuff thats here. I'm excited!

Last Updated on June 24, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts