NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Order Flow Analytics (www.orderflowanalytics.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one paganini with 18 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 15 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 12 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OrderFlowAnalytics with 10 posts (18 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Aragorn with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two OrderFlowAnalytics with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tatay with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 220,571 views
    2. thumb_up 181 thanks given
    3. group 122 followers
    1. forum 313 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

Order Flow Analytics (www.orderflowanalytics.com)

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

trendisyourfriend View Post
sam028, don't you feel this mysterious aura surrounding this concept ? étrange, n'est-ce pas ?

P.S. c'est quoi cet avatar ? une nouvelle version de Linux piratée ?

I don't know, but my guts tells me that.
The concept is smart enough to let us think: "Hey, most of the guys don't know anything about that, that a huge advantage for us !!!".
But on the other side, that will make laugh a Quant trainee: too simple !!!

I don't like mysterious auras .

ps: exact, un Tux pirate. Mais c'est fini, maintenant c'est " Fukushima mon amour".

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
64 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
42 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks

exiledgoblin 
Toronto, ON

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Amp Futures/CQG and Interactive Brokers
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 20

MetalTrade View Post
There are many setups that are based on the market delta/gomi volume ladder information.

We had a webinar planned about this but unfortunately that didn't worked out.

I trade with 3 systems, one is completely based on the gomi volume ladder, maybe one day I will be good enough to talk about it on Bigmike.

Waiting with baited breath. Sign me up!

omaron 
Europe

Broker: Amp Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: Futures

I, unlike many others here, don't have any trading experience. Still in SIM, still looking for something too good to be true that is really true . At this moment just overwhelmed with all the potential systems and unable to get and stick with one..

However, i have 7 years experience in online selling and marketing and i know those systems . Very used one is "make too good to be true statements, show some kind of proofs, put a high price tag, surround everything in a mystery aura, get a few good testimonials and you are good to go". There will always be customers that will honestly believe in you and your product. That happens often in the "internet marketing" arena. There are as well lot of "gurus" selling "too good to be true" products that miserably fail to deliver. What they never tell you is how many from their clients used to have poor results and after using their products things improved dramatically.

traderTX 
pittsburgh, pa

Platform: Ninjatrader, ensign, wave59
Broker: IB , AMP/ cqg
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Received: 47

I think the point is to understand the pure essence in its simplest most basic aspect of a market, and order flow , time and sales, or tape reading

who is the guy who wrote the book on it back in 1920's? It is on my list of books to read. so it isnt a new subject. Reminiscences of a Stock Operator by Edwin Lefevre about Jesse Livermore.

That is really what Market Profile, Market Delta, OFA and Gomi are capturing in their own unique way.
The essence of buyers and sellers moving the market.

and once you get it, then just watching time and sales might be enough, if you dont get it, then all the software in the world probably wont make it a success.

i have been watching OFA's vids on gootube and they are fully informative.
confusion leads to understanding.

Trade what you see, not what you think.

"The better the mechanic, the fewer the tools"

"Futures Trading is risky and can cause substantial financial gain"

Serenpipity 
Toronto Ontario

Platform: Sierra Oanda
Trading: Euro/Usd Euro/Yen
Thanks Given: 135
Thanks Received: 4

Well said. If you dont get the basics.... I highly recommend the book to anyone who wants to know
what goes on "behind the scenes".

Aragorn 
Salt Lake City, UT

Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E
Thanks Given: 215
Thanks Received: 359

omaron View Post
I, unlike many others here, don't have any trading experience. Still in SIM, still looking for something too good to be true that is really true . At this moment just overwhelmed with all the potential systems and unable to get and stick with one..

However, i have 7 years experience in online selling and marketing and i know those systems . Very used one is "make too good to be true statements, show some kind of proofs, put a high price tag, surround everything in a mystery aura, get a few good testimonials and you are good to go". There will always be customers that will honestly believe in you and your product. That happens often in the "internet marketing" arena. There are as well lot of "gurus" selling "too good to be true" products that miserably fail to deliver. What they never tell you is how many from their clients used to have poor results and after using their products things improved dramatically.

I enjoyed your post omaron. Your honesty is refreshing. A few words of advice. Stop looking. Stop testing. Stop experimenting. Stop changing charts every few days. Stop changing indicators and settings looking for the perfect combination. It doesn't exist. Ever notice that indicators will work on one chart at a particular setting but not at other times? So what do we do? Change charts and notice the same thing- it works sometimes but not at other times. So then we start to change the settings until we conclude the indicator doesn't work and then it's on to the next one. Sound familiar? Most of us have been there. Most of us have done it. Trading comes down to one thing and one thing only- making a decision. Oh there'll be someone who wants to argue that indicators are the key to making a decision or that we need them to help us make a decision. Look my friend, until we have a crystal ball, no indicator is going to tell us what orders are going to be traded in the next minute, or the next five minutes or ten or fifteen. The orders that have been traded are done and their impact on the market is over. There is no indicator that is going to tell you what the traders sitting on the sidelines are going to do. Not OFA, not Market Delta or any other bid/ask tool. They tell you what has traded- not what is going to be. To trade you need to know: 1) what side of the market you need to be on (Say what they will, nothing is more effective than a simple moving average- and it's free); 2) timing- when the market does this then I do this. Multiple time frames are required. One to see the big picture and one small. A 3:1 or 4:1 works best for most. I personally like to use stochastics (on both timeframes) and the MACD and wait for them to line up (and they're free). 3) a decision technique. This is what it comes down to- making a decision to enter the market. This is the hardest. There is no magic formula. There is no right or wrong way. It's your money and you have to be willing to live with and to accept the results. Welcome to trading! And 4) you have to know when you're wrong and be willing to let it go and move on to the next. Hope it helps.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Ganymed 
Switzerland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 386
Thanks Received: 30

Aragorn View Post
I enjoyed your post omaron. Your honesty is refreshing. A few words of advice. Stop looking. Stop testing. Stop experimenting. Stop changing charts every few days. Stop changing indicators and settings looking for the perfect combination. It doesn't exist. Ever notice that indicators will work on one chart at a particular setting but not at other times? So what do we do? Change charts and notice the same thing- it works sometimes but not at other times. So then we start to change the settings until we conclude the indicator doesn't work and then it's on to the next one. Sound familiar? Most of us have been there. Most of us have done it. Trading comes down to one thing and one thing only- making a decision. Oh there'll be someone who wants to argue that indicators are the key to making a decision or that we need them to help us make a decision. Look my friend, until we have a crystal ball, no indicator is going to tell us what orders are going to be traded in the next minute, or the next five minutes or ten or fifteen. The orders that have been traded are done and their impact on the market is over. There is no indicator that is going to tell you what the traders sitting on the sidelines are going to do. Not OFA, not Market Delta or any other bid/ask tool. They tell you what has traded- not what is going to be. To trade you need to know: 1) what side of the market you need to be on (Say what they will, nothing is more effective than a simple moving average- and it's free); 2) timing- when the market does this then I do this. Multiple time frames are required. One to see the big picture and one small. A 3:1 or 4:1 works best for most. I personally like to use stochastics (on both timeframes) and the MACD and wait for them to line up (and they're free). 3) a decision technique. This is what it comes down to- making a decision to enter the market. This is the hardest. There is no magic formula. There is no right or wrong way. It's your money and you have to be willing to live with and to accept the results. Welcome to trading! And 4) you have to know when you're wrong and be willing to let it go and move on to the next. Hope it helps.

You are so right, simplicity is the best, I use succesfully from ShadowTraders offering Emini,Futures Trading,Currency Trading the STO, MACD and 13 EMA, 20 MA in 4:1 MFA for finding a trading opportunity and for exit the trades from OFA Order Flow Analytics the new OFAv5 trade tragger for a great, optimised and automatic exit.

zxxaxz 
Springfield

Platform: Ninjatrader, TOS
Trading: eMicros
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 80

Ganymed View Post
You are so right, simplicity is the best, I use succesfully from ShadowTraders offering Emini,Futures Trading,Currency Trading the STO, MACD and 13 EMA, 20 MA in 4:1 MFA for finding a trading opportunity and for exit the trades from OFA Order Flow Analytics the new OFAv5 trade tragger for a great, optimised and automatic exit.

"Hey, Forget the $1,000 . Forget $500. Would $200 a night make a difference?. If I said you could make $200 a night, after work, $4,000 each month, would that make a difference to your lifestyle?
(Remember, Melanie made $200 in 10 minutes of trading!)"

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

zxxaxz View Post
"Hey, Forget the $1,000 . Forget $500. Would $200 a night make a difference?. If I said you could make $200 a night, after work, $4,000 each month, would that make a difference to your lifestyle?
(Remember, Melanie made $200 in 10 minutes of trading!)"

haha, those guys crack me up....

I would say "forget about $, focus on ticks on a risk-adjusted basis"

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

FulcrumTrader 
Austin, TX & Las Vegas, NV

Platform: Investor RT Pro, NT 7.0
Trading: ES, DAX, CL, 6E
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 287

The order flow/order book info within color coded price bars that Kyle is getting set up at his TrendScalping site, is by far the most simplistic visual representation on charts I have ever seen. Focusing on following trends, and entering trades when everything is in alignment, is the path of least resistance approach to intraday trading.

Last Updated on June 24, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts