NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Order Flow Analytics (www.orderflowanalytics.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one paganini with 18 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 15 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 12 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OrderFlowAnalytics with 10 posts (18 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Aragorn with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two OrderFlowAnalytics with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tatay with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 220,663 views
    2. thumb_up 181 thanks given
    3. group 122 followers
    1. forum 313 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

Order Flow Analytics (www.orderflowanalytics.com)

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

OrderFlowAnalytics View Post
You can get most of my work from the creative replicas in the elite section here - you just have to pay Mike instead of OFA. I've never complained about it - this is a good forum and I consider Mike a stand up guy. As far as I know we are the only company that offers a free version (not trial) and allows you to sell your version with support if you dont like it. That should speak volumes. Even if I'm arrogant.

DB

I also believe DB @OrderFlowAnalytics to be a stand up guy. As for the "replicas" I will say only that those with the means (highly advanced programming) usually like to "tinker", which is not often possible with a closed source commercial product. And I think it is great that those individuals share their work on the forum with others.

That said, they don't represent the majority of people who simply want a turn-key workable solution, and even more importantly -- one that is supported. I don't believe the "replicas" to fall into that category and would always recommend that people purchase a product if they deem that product to be of value.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

OrderFlowAnalytics 
San Antonio, TX, USA

Platform: OFA, Ninja, eSignal, R-Trader
Broker: Dorman/ZenFire + IQfeed + eSignal
Trading: ES, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 77

GentleTrader View Post
I tried to buy a second hand OFA and the company said they did not do license transfer anymore. Now I got confused with DB's post.

The "company" is still just 2 guys after 6 years. If there is any confusion just call. There are currently 2600+ users logging in daily and we transfer 2-3 licenses per year. There is no shakedown or complaint system. If you have a license and want to sell it, we want to support the next user. Software without support is worthless.

DB

If you have any questions about the products or services provided by Order Flow Analytics, please send me a Private Message or use the BMT " Ask Me Anything" thread.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 JohnSprowl 
Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Platform: NT
Trading: Oil
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Trading isn't easy for anyone. And ignorance is amazingly pervasive in the trading industry. People say all kinds of things that have utterly no basis in fact. Which is one of the reasons why trading is so challenging and why learning something really useful is a tough task. There's a lot of noise.

OrderflowAnalytics makes a product that gives a trader the truth. As with all genuine truths, it's difficult to sort out the facts from the noise. But that doesn't take anything away from the value of the truth. If you do not understand the bid/ask relationship, then you are an indicator junkie. Good luck with that.

If you understand the bid/ask relationship, then you recognize immediately the value of what OFA has to offer. It is no more complicated that that. So if you find yourself mouthing off about OFA, check your understanding of how the market really works. Check out what is the relationship between the bid and the ask over a spread of price points. Watch it. Over time. See if you don't learn something.

From personal experience, I have made so much money from OFA products that it is embarrassing. And humbling. Here is an outfit that knows what it's doing from the top of the market to the bottom and all of what I've read here is a huge amount of whining and complaining that collectively is the cry of a child. Learn the market. Watch, listen and have patience with real and authentic truth and you will feel like a moron for some of the things you've had to say about OFA. If you don't feel like a moron once you learn some of the truth about the market, the other possibility is that you ARE a moron.

Trading is an unforgiving enterprise. It is made all the more difficult by the noise and ignorance that surrounds it. Those who subscribe to the noise and the ignorance are the lawful prey of those who do not. Unhappily, that is the simple truth of the the trading venue. Take your pick, you are either predator or prey, end of story.

BeachTrader 
Phoenix AZ

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: CL, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 432

JohnSprowl View Post
From personal experience, I have made so much money from OFA products that it is embarrassing. And humbling. Here is an outfit that knows what it's doing from the top of the market to the bottom and all of what I've read here is a huge amount of whining and complaining that collectively is the cry of a child. Learn the market. Watch, listen and have patience with real and authentic truth and you will feel like a moron for some of the things you've had to say about OFA. If you don't feel like a moron once you learn some of the truth about the market, the other possibility is that you ARE a moron.

You certainly don't sound humble to me. Your attitude towards others who may have different experiences than yourself is in itself moronic.

traderx4 
Nottingham, United Kingdom

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MT4, Ninja Trader
Trading: Forex, Futures (6E)
Thanks Given: 38
Thanks Received: 31

JohnSprowl View Post
Trading isn't easy for anyone. And ignorance is amazingly pervasive in the trading industry. People say all kinds of things that have utterly no basis in fact. Which is one of the reasons why trading is so challenging and why learning something really useful is a tough task. There's a lot of noise.

OrderflowAnalytics makes a product that gives a trader the truth. As with all genuine truths, it's difficult to sort out the facts from the noise. But that doesn't take anything away from the value of the truth. If you do not understand the bid/ask relationship, then you are an indicator junkie. Good luck with that.

If you understand the bid/ask relationship, then you recognize immediately the value of what OFA has to offer. It is no more complicated that that. So if you find yourself mouthing off about OFA, check your understanding of how the market really works. Check out what is the relationship between the bid and the ask over a spread of price points. Watch it. Over time. See if you don't learn something.

Trading is an unforgiving enterprise. It is made all the more difficult by the noise and ignorance that surrounds it. Those who subscribe to the noise and the ignorance are the lawful prey of those who do not. Unhappily, that is the simple truth of the the trading venue. Take your pick, you are either predator or prey, end of story.

Well said My Friend.
OFA IS one of the very few products along with Jigsaw's that actually works and gets the job done blindingly well.
If you want to make money in this game, then you MUST know how to use these tools inside out. Ignore ONE thing and the market will have an habit of finding your weakness and exploiting it!!

Thanked by:
 JohnSprowl 
Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Platform: NT
Trading: Oil
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

BeachTrader View Post
You certainly don't sound humble to me. Your attitude towards others who may have different experiences than yourself is in itself moronic.

You know, you're probably right. There are better ways I could have said what I did. I can sometimes be more colorful in my descriptions and personal expressions than I intend. Thanks for setting me straight.

Thanked by:

BeachTrader 
Phoenix AZ

Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: CL, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 432

JohnSprowl View Post
You know, you're probably right. There are better ways I could have said what I did. I can sometimes be more colorful in my descriptions and personal expressions than I intend. Thanks for setting me straight.

Well you do sound like a decent guy. Glad you thought it through. Welcome

tatay 
Houston + Texas / United States

Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 23

I have been trading a while and have my share of stories typical to all roaming traders in search for a methodology that works. I have been in the Stock markets, Options and other derivatives, as well as Futures. Through this journey I engaged with many "teachers and coaches," as well as two handfuls of software. All this to say, as we all eventually find out, there is no "holy grail" to trading. Trading is hard work, like digging ditches; For trading, you have to put, not only your back to it, but also all of your brain. So, to do this, you need to know, not only that you have a good back, you also need to know your brain. Know how you will react to fear. Most of the methods I studied would tell me something, and when I looked back they looked awesome, but in the trade, they would leave my mind storming with "hope," mostly due to their lag. fear was king.

My journey led to study Market Profile, particularly with the ES (highly liquid). I became a student of this methodology and went through some coaches and "trading rooms" using this approach. I became interested in "Footprint" charts because they give you a way to see the order flow within the candles. The basic revelation of all that was: The market at its most basic is, an auction. An auction driven by Market Order Volume and the sentiment of those involved.

Based on all of the above, for me, it was obvious when I saw a presentation by DB Vaello on Order Flow Analysis, that it had value. I saw a chart where the candles (similar to Point and Figure charts) would limit themselves based on what the "local" auction was doing. These "candles" were not driven by "time" (time does not move the market); they were not moved by a user pre-defined setting (ticks, volume, etc.), they were driven by the order flow. I bought into this. DB promised he was just getting started with innovation, this product would continually be updated and improved.

True to that promise, with this new development of the Volume Profile Analysis tool, OFA has now created a tool that, integrated with the OFA probe and rotation auction periods builds a powerful "Volume-Centric" methodology for trading. I saw a lot of value in this and took Mark Stone's boot-camp with some trepidation. In previous occasions, I have paid 5 times more for a tenth of the knowledge return I got. Now, I am glad I did this. Not only because this is an "approach I believe in," but because Mark gave us everything he practices in an honest and transparent way. This is no green and red lights system, nor an oversold/overbought system of indicators, is not even a system. It is a methodology for trading that uses the trader as the brains behind the decision making. This does mean that you need to become a trading ditch digger and KNOW what you are looking at.

This is it for me, I have my answer. I hope all of you find yours. Avoid the herd mentality and make your own decisions on what you want to be when you grow up as a trader but most of all have the conviction of your beliefs, so you can follow through with you local decisions when you place a trade, and stay objective managing your risk.
I am in a good place now.

zohar 
israel

Platform: ninja trader OEC
Broker: OEC & CQG
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 60
Thanks Received: 83

Nicely written here.
I have the OFA includes all plugins indicators, after more than a year still really hard for me to get used to the software.
I tried the volume leddar metro v 2 is much more convenient, but both programs lack one important thing is the pull-back bar

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pull back bar  512.png
Views:	764
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	152935  
Thanked by:

TIFONTrader 
Prague Czech Republic

Platform: Sierra Chart, daytradr
Broker: EdgeClear
Trading: Eurex Futures
Thanks Given: 1,338
Thanks Received: 451

zohar View Post
Nicely written here.
I have the OFA includes all plugins indicators, after more than a year still really hard for me to get used to the software.
I tried the volume leddar metro v 2 is much more convenient, but both programs lack one important thing is the pull-back bar

It is not really the topic of this thread, but just in case you did not know, Sierra Chart has pullback bar included in its numbers bars.

Successful trading.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 24, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts