NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Order Flow Analytics (www.orderflowanalytics.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one paganini with 18 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 15 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 12 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OrderFlowAnalytics with 10 posts (18 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Aragorn with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two OrderFlowAnalytics with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tatay with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 222,610 views
    2. thumb_up 181 thanks given
    3. group 122 followers
    1. forum 313 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

Order Flow Analytics (www.orderflowanalytics.com)

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,207
Thanks Received: 101,599

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
23 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
16 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

BeachTrader 
Phoenix AZ

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP / CQG
Trading: CL, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 432

Thanks Mike. That sniping back and forth made all parties looks bad IMO.

Thanked by:
 timefreedom 
Indianapolis, IN USA

Platform: Ninjatrader TOS Custom
Broker: Several
Trading: ES CL ZB
Thanks Given: 226
Thanks Received: 381

BeachTrader View Post
Thanks Mike. That sniping back and forth made all parties looks bad IMO.

Agree. Let's hope future AMA participants don't use this great forum for dispute resolution. Not that it matters at all, but I was pretty much on DB's side until his last sentence: offering to give back the license if the banned guy came here to apologize or admit wrong-doing, or whatever. If he bought the license, and apparently he did, then activate it. If he is violating copyright law and refuses to comply with your request to remove a logo, let your lawyers get it handled. I didn't see your logo on the site that was posted in this thread.

jet9jockey 
Grand Forks ND

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TOS, Ninja Trader
Trading: Options, Futures
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 24

It all boils down to ethics and morals. Being that these values have taken a back seat to the "ME ME ME" value it is no wounder that this type of behavior is taking place. Just look at our political system, enough said there. An agreement that is entered by two ethical and moral individuals will stand and be lived up to, but if one of those individuals lack those values they will do what ever they want, and thus the reason for laws, to protect the moral and ethical person from being screwed by scum bags.

OrderFlowAnalytics 
San Antonio, TX, USA

Platform: OFA, Ninja, eSignal, R-Trader
Broker: Dorman/ZenFire + IQfeed + eSignal
Trading: ES, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 77

Sorry to all. You are right. That should not have happened here. It was unprofessional and there is no excuse.

DB

If you have any questions about the products or services provided by Order Flow Analytics, please send me a Private Message or use the BMT " Ask Me Anything" thread.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 euroventure 
LONDON UNITED KINGDOM

Platform: SC
Broker: IB
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 29

in my opinion based upon my experience, all net bid or ask volume indicators do not have any predictive value, I learned this lesson trying to trade with the GOM volume ladder and then later the commercial market delta, all numbers are after the fact, in daytrading one requires a edge and delta is certainly not the edge, if one position trades over a few days all one needs is a price chart, MA, MACD and support and

OrderFlowAnalytics 
San Antonio, TX, USA

Platform: OFA, Ninja, eSignal, R-Trader
Broker: Dorman/ZenFire + IQfeed + eSignal
Trading: ES, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 77

euroventure View Post
in my opinion based upon my experience, all net bid or ask volume indicators do not have any predictive value, I learned this lesson trying to trade with the GOM volume ladder and then later the commercial market delta, all numbers are after the fact, in daytrading one requires a edge and delta is certainly not the edge, if one position trades over a few days all one needs is a price chart, MA, MACD and support and

Exactly.

DB

If you have any questions about the products or services provided by Order Flow Analytics, please send me a Private Message or use the BMT " Ask Me Anything" thread.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Trafford 
London, England

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Trading: EUR
Thanks Given: 378
Thanks Received: 229

euroventure you make a good point but in your point also state the obvious. I think what DB has to teach is worth more than the software he sells( or Georege does ). The knowledge is the key then what you us to read the market is just what takes your fancy if you get my drift. What DB has to offer in my humble opion is in his teaching. If you focus on the software then I am afraid the expectation will be too great for you to see the jewels in the crown.

CFuture 
cologne, europe

Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 350
Thanks Received: 197

Schooling beginning traders is a legitimate and serious business. The complexity of the day to day work, to be profitable, is far higher than the expectations of all newcomers are. Just buy/sell without any more expertise than a computerized tool is not sufficient, even for pro quant traders.

I understand, that OFA can not let others do schooling with their tools without knowing what is being delivered. So there should have been some contact prior to offering education in another native language and using the logo.

On the other hand, contract law and the very widespread business practice to react quickly within the contract, in this case disenabling the license, could be felt shurely very negative as it was paid for (but not in the way offering education on it without asking).

As i feel the issue is resolved anyways, there could be one idealistic lesson (although i know in most businesses there is simply no time for it). Ask if you want to use a trademark for your business (even though maybe doing advertising) and for the other part maybe negotiate a separate deal after asking about the kind of education offered from someone working with it.

I think there is value in that kind of orderflow analysis.

Thanked by:
 dom64 
London, UK

Experience: Master
Platform: sierra chart, Jigsaw Trading, Bookmap
Trading: 6E futures, Cable

I just wanted to take the time to give a little review as I have been using OFA for one month and a few days.

To give a complete picture, I need to explain that I have spent quite some time understanding order flow concepts before buying the software, and I have been using other tools to help me see the order flow so I am not new to it, and I have been trading for a couple of years, and I was not doing badly, in the sense that I managed to have good and bad days, and break even or positive overall. Close but no cigar in short.

Since I have used OFA, and again I need to add that I have the whole package so I don't know how well I would be doing with just parts of it, I have had a single losing days. Period. As it stands, I wouldn't do without it. It only has been one month, and admiteldy it woud be interesting to see how things evolve with time, but so far, if anything, it has given me a real sense of clarity, understanding, and very importantly confidence when I trade, with zero stress.

I obviously still get loosing trades as I otherwise wouldn't be here disserting on the subject, but every day has been a clear gain.

I have no link whatsoever with OFA, and I like to do things on my own and understand how it works, so not part of any forum, room or whatever OFA might offer. I just wanted to share my thoughts, as I have tried, a lot of tools, read a lot of books, watched many videos, training courses, and this is the 1st time something really does what is written on the box (Jigsaw aside, which I also use every day and couldn't trade without either, altough different).

Last Updated on June 24, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts