NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Order Flow Analytics (www.orderflowanalytics.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one paganini with 18 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 15 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 12 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OrderFlowAnalytics with 10 posts (18 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Aragorn with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two OrderFlowAnalytics with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tatay with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 220,663 views
    2. thumb_up 181 thanks given
    3. group 122 followers
    1. forum 313 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

Order Flow Analytics (www.orderflowanalytics.com)

sysot1t 

benbrooke View Post
guys ,

using reversal chart with Volume price statistic (POC) can be better
as for the trade tracking using regular time and sell to see the tape work good just use some sort of filter and see if they agree with your trade

I tried filtering, but I feel that it can be missleading as it would basically exclude possibly lots of volume.. larget lots are not always right.. the idea behind what they are doing as well is that they are aggregating the volume at a given price on the B or A side.. so if 1000 cars traded (they could have been 1,5,13,27,50,100 sizes) @ 1159.25 A.. and 2000 cars traded (who knows what config) on the B side... it would group them together instead of showing each individual transaction.. that is how I believe it works..

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 ghman101 
Daphne

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradeStation, TOS, Infinity, NT7
Broker: As above
Trading: ES, 6E, 6B, 6J
Thanks Given: 224
Thanks Received: 84

Bids View Post
The thing with software like orderflow analytics, it's just a massively glorified indicator that doesn't really tell you much. The only thing it's telling you is what is trading at the bid and ask and nothing more, which is only half the picture you need. Everything you need is on your order. Watch this video on youtube YouTube - [AUTOLINK]Scalping[/AUTOLINK] ES with Order Flow

No sound on that vid link?

benbrooke 
Dallas,tx

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta
Broker: Velocity /TT
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 216
Thanks Received: 490

Michael.H View Post
Would you mind sharing your chart definition for your screenshot that you provided of the footprint chart on market delta.. Looks very clean compared to the default settings.

you can find a similar chart

post #108

Enjoy

Keep on sowing your seed, for you never know which will grow -- perhaps it all will.

-- Albert Einstein
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 vegasfoster 
las vegas

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Velocity/IB
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 304
Thanks Received: 844

Bids View Post
The thing with software like orderflow analytics, it's just a massively glorified indicator that doesn't really tell you much. The only thing it's telling you is what is trading at the bid and ask and nothing more, which is only half the picture you need. Everything you need is on your order. Watch this video on youtube YouTube - [AUTOLINK]Scalping[/AUTOLINK] ES with Order Flow

What's he doing?

aviat72 
San Francisco Bay Area

Platform: NT,TOS,IB
Trading: ES,CL,TF
Thanks Given: 161
Thanks Received: 273

sysot1t View Post
+1, I have been trying to duplicate that screen in MD without much success... if you could share it would be great..

Try these. I think I got them from one of Fiki's earlier threads

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: OFA_Plain.txt
Elite Membership required to download: FootprintOverlay.txt
Elite Membership required to download: ReversalChart (1).txt
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Bids 
United Kingdom

vegasfoster View Post
What's he doing?

Reading the order flow on the order book. What has traded at each price is only half the story, which as i've mentioned in a couple of other posts is why I don't rate software like market delta/md spin offs or stuff like that order flow analytic crap (the worse one i've seen to date)

The way I personally look at it is that it's like boiling an egg. There's two options, the normal way which works fine, or the lazy man way where you go out and buy a $120 gadget that says it will give you the perfect boiled egg every time, but never does, then just breaks.

Carrying on the the analogy, just get a pan and water to boil your egg, it's worked for as long as eggs have existed, you can get it exactly how you want it, and being able to boil an egg is a basic skill you need if you want to be a chef, or in this case a trader

Another video for you: YouTube - Day Trading ES 18th October.avi

ghman101 
Daphne

Platform: TradeStation, TOS, Infinity, NT7
Broker: As above
Trading: ES, 6E, 6B, 6J
Thanks Given: 224
Thanks Received: 84

Bids View Post
Reading the order flow on the order book. What has traded at each price is only half the story, which as i've mentioned in a couple of other posts is why I don't rate software like market delta/md spin offs or stuff like that order flow analytic crap (the worse one i've seen to date)

The way I personally look at it is that it's like boiling an egg. There's two options, the normal way which works fine, or the lazy man way where you go out and buy a $120 gadget that says it will give you the perfect boiled egg every time, but never does, then just breaks.

Carrying on the the analogy, just get a pan and water to boil your egg, it's worked for as long as eggs have existed, you can get it exactly how you want it, and being able to boil an egg is a basic skill you need if you want to be a chef, or in this case a trader

Another video for you: YouTube - Day Trading ES 18th October.avi

Not sure why you are posting these vids...do they have sound? perhaps it is my problem, but no sound and I cannot understand what is being conveyed. Thanks for any help, gh

Chipmunk 
The Moon

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZF
Thanks Given: 91
Thanks Received: 17

Hi Bids, what instruments do you use in your trading then if you say order book and cumulative delta useless?

vegasfoster 
las vegas

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Velocity/IB
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 304
Thanks Received: 844

Bids View Post
Reading the order flow on the order book.

I get that, you seem knowledgeable on the subject, so I just meant do you know in a nutshell what's he looking for? For example, in a nutshell on a chart I am primarily looking for a bounce off a trend line or a break followed by a pullback. Maybe it's more complicated than that or if you don't know that's cool, thanks.

spx_tdr 
Detroit

Platform: market delta, multicharts, no matter how hard i try not too, i still use ninjatrader
Broker: amp/zen
Trading: cl,6e,nq,tf
Thanks Given: 268
Thanks Received: 27

Is there any kind of order flow indies with Ninja? Something that may show orderflow divergence?

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Last Updated on June 24, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts