NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Which the best faster VPS to retail

Discussion in Emini and Emicro Index

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Alvaro_BreakAlgoTrading with 20 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two SMCJB with 9 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sam028 with 7 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Infinite with 3 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one GoodTrading with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Infinite with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SMCJB with 1.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sam028 with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 11,881 views
    2. thumb_up 26 thanks given
    3. group 13 followers
    1. forum 47 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Which the best faster VPS to retail

Alvaro_BreakAlgoTrading 
Espaņa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Phillip Capital
Trading: NQ, CL, NG
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 15

Robx View Post
Alvaro, si necesitas tan baja latencia para tus sistemas, lo mejor es que compruebes el timing de entrada de las ordenes en el mercado como ha dicho sam028. Si tu broker comprueba el crédito o cualquier otro tipo de chequeo en la cuenta previo a lanzar la orden al mercado no vas a ganar nada con otro servidor. Necesitaras antes evitar esas comprobaciones o cambiar de broker.

Hola, he hecho chequeos en la plataforma de Rithmic, te permite hacerlos y los resultados muestran 4.000-5.000 micro segundos con mi actual VPS, esto lo he contrastado todo igual pero con un VPS que me vendian como super estupendo a lado del CME en Aurora y sorpresa, tenian la misma velocidad. Quiero intentar rebajar esa latencia, estoy viendo otras posibilidades de servers en Aurora, he visto que AWS y Azure tienen alli.
Tengo todos los timelapse controlados en un log, por eso hilo tan fino. Gracias

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks

Alvaro_BreakAlgoTrading 
Espaņa

Hello, I have done checks on the Rithmic platform, it allows you to do them and the results show 4,000-5,000 micro seconds with my current VPS, I have contrasted this all the same but with a VPS that they sold me as super great next to the CME in Aurora And surprise, they had the same speed. I want to try to lower that latency, I'm looking at other possibilities for servers in Aurora, I've seen that AWS and Azure have them there.
I have all the timelapses controlled in a log, that's why the thread is so fine. Thanks

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Alvaro_BreakAlgoTrading 
Espaņa

Another problem I forgot was that the probes of ping in Rhythmic is that they are done in a controlled environment, the problem comes when there is a fill and you have to return that fill and send the brackets, that's where I want the speed.

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,437
Thanks Received: 26,276

Robx View Post
Alvaro, si necesitas tan baja latencia para tus sistemas, lo mejor es que compruebes el timing de entrada de las ordenes en el mercado como ha dicho sam028. Si tu broker comprueba el crédito o cualquier otro tipo de chequeo en la cuenta previo a lanzar la orden al mercado no vas a ganar nada con otro servidor. Necesitaras antes evitar esas comprobaciones o cambiar de broker.

Hi @Robx,

Thanks for joining the discussion and helping out, but please only use English in the English-language sections of the forum, so others who do not read Spanish can understand and benefit from your replies.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
 Robx 
Madrid + SPAIN

Platform: NinjaTrader,AmiBroker,TOS
Trading: Commodities Futures, Options, Stocks
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 6

Hi @bobwest

Sure! no problem. It was just a quick tip.
Best,

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,384
Thanks Received: 10,206

Alvaro Martinez View Post
Hello, I have done checks on the Rithmic platform, it allows you to do them and the results show 4,000-5,000 micro seconds with my current VPS,

What does that represent. Just as a reference, looking at the audit trail in Trading Technologies software, it's show the TT latency to be about mostly around 250-300 micros and the exchange latency to be mostly around 150-200 micros. The TT latency is how long it is taking my software to prcoess orders. The exchange latency is how long it takes the exchange to acknowledge an order. Interestingly I can't find anything that shows the time it took to route the order.

Thanked by:

sam028 
Site Moderator

Thanks Given: 3,825
Thanks Received: 4,629

SMCJB View Post
What does that represent. Just as a reference, looking at the audit trail in Trading Technologies software, it's show the TT latency to be about mostly around 250-300 micros and the exchange latency to be mostly around 150-200 micros. The TT latency is how long it is taking my software to prcoess orders. The exchange latency is how long it takes the exchange to acknowledge an order. Interestingly I can't find anything that shows the time it took to route the order.

And at the end, nothing replace real data and real test.
Assuming everyone has a clock correctly synchronized with NTP, the log files (for Ninja it's in traces files) shows the exact timestamp of each step of a sent order.
From what I saw the "advertised latency" is always a bit optimistic.

Success requires no deodorant! (Sun Tzu)
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Alvaro_BreakAlgoTrading 
Espaņa

I was thinking and researching and in the end it may be that the best option, even if it is expensive, is that they make you a program to execute your orders directly to the data feed API, there you save the latency of the platform. I have also seen the cost of connecting directly to the CME API for retail trader and the minimum is $500 per month with 0.50 Mbps and each increase as I have understood is $500 more. If it is already difficult to have Alpha with your strategy, add the extra costs to avoid, if possible, slippages as much as possible.... anyway...

chipwitch 
Nashville, TN

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader, Continuum Data
Trading: MES for now... baby steps
Thanks Given: 230
Thanks Received: 631

SMCJB View Post
I'm not familiar with Phillips or Rithmic. Have you tried asking one of them how your orders are routed?

NinjaTrader is an introducing broker. Phillips is one of their two affiliate brokerage firms. Rithmic is a data provider. I believe that is what Alvaro was referring to. I'm a new NT client and have wondered about their latency/routing. Phillips is my broker too but I use ICQ for data. I don't currently trade algo, but occasionally venture into writing strats to backtest.

SteveJewels 
Dayton, OH USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradeStation
Broker: TradeStation
Trading: MES
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 11

Alvaro Martinez View Post
Hello, I have done checks on the Rithmic platform, it allows you to do them and the results show 4,000-5,000 micro seconds with my current VPS, I have contrasted this all the same but with a VPS that they sold me as super great next to the CME in Aurora And surprise, they had the same speed. I want to try to lower that latency, I'm looking at other possibilities for servers in Aurora, I've seen that AWS and Azure have them there.
I have all the timelapses controlled in a log, that's why the thread is so fine. Thanks

How do you run a check?

BTW, I use TradeStation platform and feed.

Last Updated on July 29, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts