NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Traders with 5-10 years of experience but still not profitable

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one chipwitch with 30 posts (142 thanks)
    2. looks_two goodoboy with 26 posts (45 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 25 posts (145 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 23 posts (188 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 8.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two vmodus with 6.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 5.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 chipwitch with 4.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 66,625 views
    2. thumb_up 1,222 thanks given
    3. group 726 followers
    1. forum 315 posts
    2. attach_file 12 attachments

Search this Thread

Traders with 5-10 years of experience but still not profitable

goodoboy
Houston

Thanks Given: 344
Thanks Received: 246

kevinkdog View Post
Good Luck! I hope it works out for you!

Hello Kevin,

Luck and Hope is not needed and no disrespect, I do not want luck or hope, I want results. I do not believe in Luck or Hope.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
 SpeculatorSeth   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1,018

vmodus View Post
Of course you need to be an accredited investor with Dunn and not too many folks have pockets that deep.

They recently changed the rules allowing you to be an accredited investor if you have a series 7, 65, or 82. My plan for spring break is to study for a Series 65. Most funds have a minimum investment amount though.

- SpeculatorSeth
Thanked by:
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,892
Thanks Received: 7,355

goodoboy View Post
Hello Kevin,

Luck and Hope is not needed and no disrespect, I do not want luck or hope, I want results. I do not believe in Luck or Hope.

Just trying to offer you encouragement. "Good Luck" and "I hope you do well" are pretty standard well wishes in the United States.

I won't make that mistake again.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

kevinkdog View Post
Just trying to offer you encouragement. "Good Luck" and "I hope you do well" are pretty standard well wishes in the United States.

I won't make that mistake again.

Hello Kevin Davey,

I know you mean well. Sorry if I offended. Thanks for your kind words and support of me and retail traders all these years in the trading industry. Algo traders should be happy for your support.

Thanked by:
gemini5033
Penang, Malaysia

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

Personally I know a trader have been trading for 10 years+ by scalping only, in and out fast and made comfortable income enough for normal living.

Thanked by:
 4tison 
PhuKet Island / Thailand

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart NT
Broker: IB / IQFeed
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 136
Thanks Received: 53

Great insight!

chipwitch View Post
If it were easy everyone would be doing it... then the market would adapt until it wasn't easy anymore. There's no shortcut, no holy grail and no substitute for just sitting and watching the price and the volume and whatever indicators "speak" to you. If you find that you can't sit in front of a computer screen and just watch the little bars get big and then get small, for months on end and still find it exciting, then you're going to have a tough time of it. All those gurus, if they were that good in predicting the direction of the market and making profit, they wouldn't be selling you books and courses or spending copious hours making videos.

Then there is the very real practice of well-known successful people doing interviews and saying there's no time like the present to buy Bitcoin. Then, while everyone frenzy buys bitcoin, that "expert" is secretly selling. Warren Buffet says, "If you're sitting at a poker table and you don't know who the sucker is, it's you!" Looking for someone to teach you to trade the market properly from a book or a video course is about as likely as someone teaching you brain surgery by the same method.

The market is just an auction. Nothing more. Nothing less. If you want to be a trader, imagine that you want to learn to trade cars by going to auction and buying them to sell for profit. If you have a love for cars, pick something else. I really have no innate love for the S&P 500, but the process of trading is the draw. So whatever hypothetical auction you use in the mental exercise I just suggested, pick something you have no particular affinity for. Now, no one can teach you the value of things. You learn by doing, making mistakes, making fewer mistakes and if you're lucky, occasionally picking up a useful tip here and there from someone willing to share their experience. Even the profiteering gurus can teach you a thing or two... occasionally.

If you're in a rush and don't want to put in the time at the auction I don't know what else to say. If you're in it primarily for the profit and not the process, then yeah.... there aren't any successful traders.

Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

gemini5033 View Post
Personally I know a trader have been trading for 10 years+ by scalping only, in and out fast and made comfortable income enough for normal living.

Thank you for sharing this. Good information.

goodoboy
Houston

chipwitch View Post
If it were easy everyone would be doing it... then the market would adapt until it wasn't easy anymore. There's no shortcut, no holy grail and no substitute for just sitting and watching the price and the volume and whatever indicators "speak" to you. If you find that you can't sit in front of a computer screen and just watch the little bars get big and then get small, for months on end and still find it exciting, then you're going to have a tough time of it. All those gurus, if they were that good in predicting the direction of the market and making profit, they wouldn't be selling you books and courses or spending copious hours making videos.

Very good comment chipwitch. I enjoyed your statements and I agree everything you said. Well written.

Thanked by:
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,892
Thanks Received: 7,355

gemini5033 View Post

Can you provide any details? Not how friend trades, but instrument, account size, etc.

A 10+ year successful scalper is sort of like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster - lots of people claim to have seen it, but absolute proof is always just out of reach.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

kevinkdog View Post
Can you provide any details? Not how friend trades, but instrument, account size, etc.

A 10+ year successful scalper is sort of like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster - lots of people claim to have seen it, but absolute proof is always just out of reach.

Hello Kevin,

LMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH that is funnyyyyyy. But you are right sir.

Good request.

Last Updated on October 12, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts