NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Traders with 5-10 years of experience but still not profitable

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one chipwitch with 30 posts (142 thanks)
    2. looks_two goodoboy with 26 posts (45 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 25 posts (145 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 23 posts (188 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 8.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two vmodus with 6.4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 5.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 chipwitch with 4.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 64,976 views
    2. thumb_up 1,222 thanks given
    3. group 726 followers
    1. forum 315 posts
    2. attach_file 12 attachments

Search this Thread

Traders with 5-10 years of experience but still not profitable

Chile 
Boston Massachusetts

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Emini ES, Crude CL, Gold GC
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 14

goodoboy View Post
Thank you so much chipwitch for buying my trading course.

You are my first customer. Congrats.

Good luck in the trading course.

1 down and 499 more customers to go to reach my goal.

Thank you,

here is my check in the mail. i wanted you to have only 498 more to your first Million $$$ at no risk teaching trading. too much risk in actually trading. teaching is so much smoother on the bank account. hahahaha

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 Keab 
London UK

Platform: SierraChart/Prorealtime
Broker: Sierra Chart/prorealtime
Trading: SandP futures
Thanks Given: 122
Thanks Received: 316

ursus View Post
There is an element of luck in every field, but consistent trading for considerable time is unlikely be the result of a chance.

To summarise, my Dad's favourite quote when he beat me at snooker was taken from one of his favourite golfers. It was a simple one. "The more I practise the luckier I get."

Thanked by:
Alkanphel
Rotterdam

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hey Guyz , My Name Is Dejan and im from Netherlands

Im reading this forum a lot and it helped me alot,

I started trading 6 Years ago and Last year i was profitable and this year as of now im in green.I only trade es,and i take 1 or 2 trades a day.

I was wondering and rly want an honest and reasonable anwser.

For guyz who trade ES , what is reasonable Net points a month or year.

What ammout would u say is good to get (more for myself that my method is on good way) i never asked this and i dont know many who are open about it

Looking at youtube and seeing some ppl getting numbers in and most i do not trust.

Best Dejan

Thanked by:
SuperDuper
Edmonton, Canada

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 0

goodoboy View Post
Hello Everyone,

I just want to say this.

I am the best scalping day trader alive and make alot of money. If anyone wants to learn hit me up.

Please do not ask me for proof of making money because I do not have any proof. However, it felt really good saying that to see how it feels making such lying statements on forum.

Seriously, if I was making money scalping about 50 ES contract a day. I would not waste time typing this message. And damn sure would not waste time teaching other traders.

Thank you,

No, I am the best scalping trader alive. I am loosing money so far, but some day I will be reach

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,890
Thanks Received: 7,338

xsamanthax View Post

I'm going to spend the next week or so figuring out whether or not making consistent, sizeable gains and scaling up is even possible in ES. If not, I'll look into investment banking. If not, finding funding in other ways. In no way, shape, or form am I going to turn into the typical retail trader, which is nothing more than a statistic.

It's either millions or bust. I'll figure it out, one way or another. I think I'm just done with the internet and all the fanboys that are on it. It's time to get real.

Just checking in. A month has gone by @xsamanthax How did your investigating go?

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

MitchMacca View Post
Side note:

Hi Mitch,

Politics, particularly the politics of covid, are seriously out of bounds here. We've had more than enough of the back and forth on covid for a long time. We are done with it, and past done.

This is a trading forum. Obviously, everyone has political ideas, and they may not be popular with someone else. That is fine. There is a place for them, just not here.

This is a politics-free zone, as much as we can make it. Let's have your trading ideas, and the ups and downs of trading or anything else you care to share, if it is about trading. Your politics are your business, and you have every right to them. But let's keep it off of this forum.

I have had to delete your post. Any non-political post will be fine, but anything political is not.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
gaberoz
Kyiv, Ukraine

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

I think that such an option is quite possible for those who have not studied enough, but hope to make a profit "here and now". In trading, it just doesn't work.

JohnKK 
Northern NJ

Experience: Advanced
Platform: MT4, NT, TS
Broker: IB through NT, TS, Forex
Trading: Forex - some stocks and futures
Thanks Given: 64
Thanks Received: 20

Going back to the beginning, the title of this thread, here's my advice from my own experience: One way to be profitable is to go through Mark Douglas' books and videos and do what he says as best you can. It's not easy, but: Chances are 99% (imo) that you'll succeed. Best of luck!

Thanked by:

Small Dog 
Sydney NSW Australia

Platform: TradeStation, Oanda
Trading: Forex, index futures
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 147

A couple of days ago I had a mentoring session online with a real trader. Even though I know better, I still do it "in case there is something I am missing in technical analysis". His strategy (which apparently paid for his house) was very similar to what I have been testing numerous times and what was showing to be profitable.

The problem is in the head. The biggest problem in trading is to figure out how to turn your own mind around.

I also think that the size of the account is a significant factor in success. Sufficient capitalisation is one of the most obvious requirements. However, besides not triggering the margin call it is also has an important psychological role. Larger capital means you have to take less risk for the same profit in dollars, which, in turn, makes it easier to stick to a strategy.

blackgrey45 
Marco Island, FL
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP Global
Trading: MCL ES ZN MGC E6
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 859
Thanks Received: 904

I've been trading futures off and on since 2010 and I am not profitable. I still do it because I enjoy it and gives me happiness. I let my emotions get the best of me and do not respect my stops. When it's time to get out of a loss I let the trade run in hopes of just breaking even on that trade. 60% of the time it works and the rest of the time it results in huge losses.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on October 12, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts