NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Sierra Chart Price Increase

Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 12 posts (33 thanks)
    2. looks_two qsceszwasdx with 12 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 8 posts (25 thanks)
    4. looks_4 lemons with 7 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one DanDaMan with 6.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kiwi with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 josh with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 18,050 views
    2. thumb_up 193 thanks given
    3. group 23 followers
    1. forum 67 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

Sierra Chart Price Increase

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,775
Thanks Received: 18,203

qsceszwasdx View Post
Hi Josh, maybe you can share with us or at least with me that what particular feature SC will not implement that you need ?

They need a working orders column. It is very difficult to quickly cancel orders, and half the time I wind up clicking on the quantity column, which opens a little modal which I have to dismiss as well. I've heard the "use the keyboard" argument. Well, this works great for some cases, but it's not really a solution.

https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=48521

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks

vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Thanks Given: 2,958
Thanks Received: 2,853

josh View Post
If the $10, or however much it is, price increase bothers you, please: go use something else. Seriously. It's the purest form of capitalism... don't use a product that that doesn't deliver the value you expect to get in return for its cost. If enough people do it, and the vendor is affected, they will make a change. Vote with your money.

I agree with what SC support said in that last screenshot: "Sierra Chart is not your problem." If you still think it is your problem, I beg you, use something else. Most people will talk big, kicking and screaming, but not do anything. Be different. Use something else. Start a trend.

Or, keep talking only, not doing anything, and demonstrate that you'd rather just complain about something than actually do anything.

The choice is yours!

(For what it's worth, I'm actually considering using TT for a couple of reasons, none of which has anything to do with an increase in fees--I'll pay more with TT, but there is a particular feature SC won't implement that I need, so I'm considering altering some things too... lest anyone thinks I'm just a long-time SC shill )

I know I'm coming to this late, but your comment @josh is exactly what I did last year when SC engineers got a little weird with conspiracy theories and whatnot: I voted with my wallet and moved on. I'm a professional trader; I don't need the distractions, snarky responses in the forum, etc. I don't need weird or fringe; I have enough of that in my life as-is. In my work life, I'm a pro and expect the same from those with whom I do business, including platform, data provider, and broker. Starting bringing things in that have nothing to do with trading, then I'm out.

I liked SC, though I only used it for analysis, i.e. it was my secondary platform. It is fast and stable, although I found the charting to be a little clunky/chunky. Even with the aforementioned price increases, I think it is still a good value. As for me, MC is a great platform choice as it is about as broker/data agnostic as possible.

~vmodus

Enjoy everything!
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

DanDaMan 
QC/Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart, NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 327
Thanks Received: 193

On a side note.... Now I am mad at Sierra- even though I have been a staunch supporter for years.
They are slowly forcing everyone into Denali/Teton- and now I have lost the ability to bring in market data from CQG for the CME.
This is not good practice- as even competitors offer the ability for multiple data sources- look at Ninja.

Denali is great. Teton I am not sure, as AMP will not support it at this time- and I have a feeling they won't for a while until it 'proves itself' with time.
It's just not right to cut out everyone else- especially when you might have a need for data to be provided by another provider.

Thanked by:
 kiwi 
Gold Coast

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: Futures and Forex
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 96

So, I got some advice from the MotiveWave team (thanks guys) and I've learned enough Java to program my own paintbars, range functions and underlays. On Linux its ram use reflects the Java base but it's cpu utilisation is only 30-40% of SierraChart + Wine so that's a win for the atmosphere.

Works enthusiastically with IB TWS (Java) and AMP CQG so no worries about a strange choices screwing with my brokers.

My charts are simple but I have a few elements that assist my decision making.

Thanked by:

chipwitch 
Nashville, TN

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader, Continuum Data
Trading: MES for now... baby steps
Thanks Given: 230
Thanks Received: 631

kiwi View Post
My issue issue isn't $10. It's

1) this was hidden in a thread headed "Reducing Overall Costs"
2) my post requesting clarification has since been removed (after a SC reply and then an edit of the reply to add World War III).
3) pushing the customer base into teton seems to be the goal of most moves in the recent past
4) really, read my request for information and the reply, here was version two.

And Bob, in changing the title of the thread you've really reduced the OP's intent. Censorship is sad.

Edit: My original thread is no longer deleted and World War III has been removed from the reply.

I LITERALLY just signed up for SC yesterday. I wish I had seen this first. I'm glad I'm only doing the monthly. I will NOT support Q (or anyone's political/non-political agenda). The search for a platform continues.

Say what you will about Ninjatrader. I've interacted with their support staff on their board a lot. Every time, they are professional, courteous and thorough. They are a model for how all online support should be done. I don't think it's AI... if it is, it is superb!

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,442
Thanks Received: 26,278

chipwitch View Post
I LITERALLY just signed up for SC yesterday. I wish I had seen this first. I'm glad I'm only doing the monthly. I will NOT support Q (or anyone's political/non-political agenda). The search for a platform continues.

Say what you will about Ninjatrader. I've interacted with their support staff on their board a lot. Every time, they are professional, courteous and thorough. They are a model for how all online support should be done. I don't think it's AI... if it is, it is superb!

I'm sure that i mentioned the tendency of SC to go on right-wing rants at some point recently. It certainly is uncalled for. I don't want to read about somebody's politics on a support board for a software product, whether I agree with their politics or I don't (and I don't). People deal with it in different ways. Many simply ignore it when it crops up. Some leave. I have shrugged it off and continued to use the platform, but this is obviously an individual choice, and can be a touchy issue.

I might not like Elon Musk's politics, for example (and I don't), but that wouldn't prevent me from buying one of his cars (the fact that it's overpriced and that I don't want its self-driving software would. But that's another issue. I hope this doesn't start a debate about this now. )

So, if anyone hasn't encountered this with SC before, eventually it is something they will need to decide on.

As to NT, I've found their support to be excellent, and there is wide agreement on this (their support has its detractors, but my experience has always been good.) But I don't prefer their platform, although it is good in many ways. I add up the pluses and minuses and make my choice. It's business.

Not everyone will agree, nor agree with how I add it up, which is up to them, naturally.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

chipwitch 
Nashville, TN

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader, Continuum Data
Trading: MES for now... baby steps
Thanks Given: 230
Thanks Received: 631

bobwest View Post
I'm sure that i mentioned the tendency of SC to go on right-wing rants at some point recently.

You did and I made note of that at the time. I don't care what politics someone has. Right wing, left wing... it doesn't bother me. Conspiracy is another matter. Conspiracy theories generally require belief without evidence. And the more evidence there is CONTRARY to the conspiracy, the more it "proves" the conspiracy, is just flat out irrational and delusional. That mentality is contagious and I want no part of it. It has no place in trading.

Quoting 

Not everyone will agree, nor agree with how I add it up, which is up to them, naturally.

Bob.

Agreed

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,442
Thanks Received: 26,278

Following up my last post, where I said:

bobwest View Post
I'm sure that i mentioned the tendency of SC to go on right-wing rants at some point recently.

Yeah, here it is. I think knowing all the good and bad is always important, and there is always some of each:

bobwest View Post
They will also sometimes go on very fringy right-wing political rants, but it doesn't impact me so I tune it out.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 14, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts