NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Sierra Chart Price Increase

Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 12 posts (33 thanks)
    2. looks_two qsceszwasdx with 12 posts (14 thanks)
    3. looks_3 josh with 8 posts (25 thanks)
    4. looks_4 lemons with 7 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one DanDaMan with 6.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kiwi with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 josh with 3.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 17,668 views
    2. thumb_up 193 thanks given
    3. group 23 followers
    1. forum 67 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

Sierra Chart Price Increase

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

SatG View Post
Sierra chart was once good but not anymore. They increased their price by a whopping 200% . Plus their customer service is some what born out of the world. They are very rude and very arrogant. They will infact delete your question in their support portal if you point any mistakes of them.

Looks like all their customer service are unprofessional and not fit for doing this job.

compared to what ? the only thing I know of in the price range of Sierra charts is a life time Ninja Trader license .

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Mozart2112
Minoqua Wi USA

Thanks Given: 68
Thanks Received: 82

I'm just curious about something... with this new service package, being platform, orderflow and routing, what if something goes wrong? Who would be financially responsible ? All the other guys like TT, Rithmic, etc have been doing this for years and still have issues...

DanDaMan 
QC/Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart, NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 327
Thanks Received: 193

Mozart2112 View Post
I'm just curious about something... with this new service package, being platform, orderflow and routing, what if something goes wrong? Who would be financially responsible ? All the other guys like TT, Rithmic, etc have been doing this for years and still have issues...

You should do your own due-diligence and always read the fine print.

From what I have seen in many cases, and I believe it to be the case with Sierra- these software and service companies generally limit their liability to no more than the cost of the goods and/or services they provide you, and this is accepted by the end user if you decide to use their software/service.

We are traders, we take risks. You need to monitor your position, and if something looks off- immediately call your broker to verify and perhaps force liquidate to minimize loss or potential for loss if systems are not acting as expected.

Thanked by:
Mozart2112
Minoqua Wi USA

Thanks Given: 68
Thanks Received: 82

DanDaMan View Post
You should do your own due-diligence and always read the fine print.

From what I have seen in many cases, and I believe it to be the case with Sierra- these software and service companies generally limit their liability to no more than the cost of the goods and/or services they provide you, and this is accepted by the end user if you decide to use their software/service.

We are traders, we take risks. You need to monitor your position, and if something looks off- immediately call your broker to verify and perhaps force liquidate to minimize loss or potential for loss if systems are not acting as expected.

Yea, for sure... I always do. Thank you for that! I was just concerned about the newbies and the less experienced lol

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

DanDaMan View Post
.. and I believe it to be the case with Sierra- these software and service companies generally limit their liability to no more than the cost of the goods and/or services they provide you...

not even that, I complained about data quality was creating charting problem and was told that is entirely my problem and yes ..read the contract.

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,344
Thanks Received: 26,267

DanDaMan View Post

cory View Post
not even that, I complained about data quality was creating charting problem and was told that is entirely my problem and yes ..read the contract.

I think that if it comes to anyone's liability for data or order routing problems, it's basically going to be let the buyer beware, or simply, law of the jungle.

There will be cases where it is not that way, but if a person goes in with that expectation, then he won't be unpleasantly surprised.

I do think companies will generally try to correct things, but I also think that they have their own self-interest in view as well. So I would just take these as additional risks of trading.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

Two Sheds 
Memphis TN USA

Platform: Sierra, TOS, TW
Broker: AMP and CQG, TDA
Trading: CL NG NQ
Thanks Given: 82
Thanks Received: 20

Two things I have learned with using SierraCharts for a few years are

1. Get good at searching the support board for the problem you are having or info you are seeking - if you are asking it is very likely already been solved/answered.
A quick google search gets it in minutes typically.

2. Get good and comfortable with reading the various logs - if something is not going right or getting an error it usually tells you, so get familiar with the various logs.

It is not beginner friendly for sure, but you can do so much with it - the limits are your imagination and effort in learning how to modify or program it for what you want it to do. It ain't plug-and-play!

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

DanDaMan 
QC/Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart, NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 327
Thanks Received: 193

Two Sheds View Post
Two things I have learned with using SierraCharts for a few years are

1. Get good at searching the support board for the problem you are having or info you are seeking - if you are asking it is very likely already been solved/answered.
A quick google search gets it in minutes typically.

2. Get good and comfortable with reading the various logs - if something is not going right or getting an error it usually tells you, so get familiar with the various logs.

It is not beginner friendly for sure, but you can do so much with it - the limits are your imagination and effort in learning how to modify or program it for what you want it to do. It ain't plug-and-play!

Sierra Chart = F35 Lighting
Sierra Chart != Cessna 172

It's powerful, and can do more than virtually any package. But it probably is not the best plane for a total beginner.
A few hours in the seat though, and with experience... you'll realize the sky is the limit.

bebop 
Lima Peru

Platform: Sierra CQG TradingView
Trading: ES / CL / Equities
Thanks Given: 348
Thanks Received: 97

I´ve used a lot of platforms over the years and Sierra is hands down the best I´ve encountered.

It´s super fast, unbelievably adaptable and stability is rock solid.

I agree with others that platform choice is very personal thing, but I reckon if someone is complaining about paying 30-40 bucks a month for what Sierra provides, then they may want to consider if they´re in the right profession.

Scalpguy 
Helsinki, Finland

Platform: SC and TWS
Broker: IB and AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 166

For AMP customers the SierraChart package 3 was free of charge (0$/mo) for years before the new rules about a year ago.

Now Im using SC pkg 10 w/ Denali, and paying $36/mo.

So OP was exactly right about the price increase.

---

But Im still a happy user of SC because it is the most efficient trading tool I have ever used in my over 10 year long trading career.

It takes nothing to be a Pig

Last Updated on April 14, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts