NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Can anyone recommend a service to track performance/establish a track record?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Howard Roark with 7 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two doyalalexander with 5 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 iq200 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 PkZ78 with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one PkZ78 with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two asyx with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 doyalalexander with 0.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Howard Roark with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 5,602 views
    2. thumb_up 9 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 21 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Can anyone recommend a service to track performance/establish a track record?

doyalalexander 
Dallas tx

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Thinkorswin
Trading: Es
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 45

Howard Roark View Post
That's pretty much a deal breaker for me, I think.

I'm looking for something which 100% tracks my real account including commissions and all other fees. FundSeeder does this. But they don't support my current broker. I could consider switching broker, but it may not be THAT important for me.

Thank you.

Oof. They don’t let you share your status….

In order to safeguard the confidentiality and integrity of all of our users, as well as for compliance to Federal solicitation rules, FundSeeder data is only available to the registered user and may NOT be shared publicly.

https://fundseeder.com/traderplatform

It’s one of the FAQ

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

Thanks Given: 393
Thanks Received: 532

doyalalexander View Post
Oof. They don’t let you share your status….

In order to safeguard the confidentiality and integrity of all of our users, as well as for compliance to Federal solicitation rules, FundSeeder data is only available to the registered user and may NOT be shared publicly.

https://fundseeder.com/traderplatform

It’s one of the FAQ

I see that now.

But I do recall some user on another forum who freely shared his data online. It was great to see. Very transparent and verified through FundSeeder. Maybe the rules changed since then.

I don't think it would be a problem, though, as if I wanted anyone to see this data I could simply have them registert at FundSeeder which I believe is open for all and free.

The bigger problem is that they don't support Ninjatrader and my broker Ninjatrader Clearing.

asyx 
not important

Experience: None
Platform: not important
Trading: not important
Thanks Given: 406
Thanks Received: 142

You could use COLLECTIVE2 for stocks, ETFs and Futures, but there are monthly fees.

If you are willing to use CFDs then DARWINEX is an option.

WIKIFOLIO does cost you nothing, but it can`t be linked to your broker. Thus you have to replicate your trades.
They do provide (only) something like 8000 stocks, several 1000 ETFs, warrants and other structured products.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
artisanpro
montreal, qc, canada

Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 18

Howard Roark View Post
I see that now.

But I do recall some user on another forum who freely shared his data online. It was great to see. Very transparent and verified through FundSeeder. Maybe the rules changed since then.

I don't think it would be a problem, though, as if I wanted anyone to see this data I could simply have them registert at FundSeeder which I believe is open for all and free.

The bigger problem is that they don't support Ninjatrader and my broker Ninjatrader Clearing.

It still would be a problem in my view for two reasons. First, the FAQ states, "FundSeeder data is only available to the registered user and may NOT be shared publicly" which leads me to believe that you can only see your account. Second, if you share access to your account, you will violate "FundSeeder Terms of Service" but this is the least of your potential worries.

What is more worrisome is the last part of the FAQ - "it can be viewed by the SEC as a solicitation, and thus you would be in danger of running afoul of the anti-solicitation laws with the SEC". That part is more scary in my view even if unlikely to happen. My reasoning is that all it takes is a decision by the SEC (USA) to "reinforce" their image as "the Investor's Advocate that protects investors, promotes fairness in the securities markets, etc" to end up in a sample of people that they will investigate OR being "ratted" by a third party for having solicited funds successfully. Remember the Martha Stewart case of Insider Trading in 2004 - the SEC (USA) wanted and were successful in making their view that being a well known person couldn't stop them from putting you in jail. As an aside, what I remember is what the SEC (USA) considered "Insider information" in her case was debatable and likely many unknown people acted on the same information with impunity.

Having said all of this, I really believe that the odds are low to be legally entangled with the SEC (USA) but if it ever happens the impact could be huge. This is similar to winning a major lottery jackpot where the odds are low but money, social, etc impacts are large.

For those living outside the USA that think "it doesn't apply to me" I would suggest to think again. I live in Canada, and we have many provincial "SECs" and they tend to share their findings and coordinate their actions across Provinces and also with the SEC (USA). I suspect that the SEC (USA) has similar arrangements with other Countries. I have mixed views about these organizations: from very bad to good.

Thanked by:
Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

artisanpro View Post
It still would be a problem in my view for two reasons. First, the FAQ states, "FundSeeder data is only available to the registered user and may NOT be shared publicly" which leads me to believe that you can only see your account. Second, if you share access to your account, you will violate "FundSeeder Terms of Service" but this is the least of your potential worries.

What is more worrisome is the last part of the FAQ - "it can be viewed by the SEC as a solicitation, and thus you would be in danger of running afoul of the anti-solicitation laws with the SEC". That part is more scary in my view even if unlikely to happen. My reasoning is that all it takes is a decision by the SEC (USA) to "reinforce" their image as "the Investor's Advocate that protects investors, promotes fairness in the securities markets, etc" to end up in a sample of people that they will investigate OR being "ratted" by a third party for having solicited funds successfully. Remember the Martha Stewart case of Insider Trading in 2004 - the SEC (USA) wanted and were successful in making their view that being a well known person couldn't stop them from putting you in jail. As an aside, what I remember is what the SEC (USA) considered "Insider information" in her case was debatable and likely many unknown people acted on the same information with impunity.

Having said all of this, I really believe that the odds are low to be legally entangled with the SEC (USA) but if it ever happens the impact could be huge. This is similar to winning a major lottery jackpot where the odds are low but money, social, etc impacts are large.

For those living outside the USA that think "it doesn't apply to me" I would suggest to think again. I live in Canada, and we have many provincial "SECs" and they tend to share their findings and coordinate their actions across Provinces and also with the SEC (USA). I suspect that the SEC (USA) has similar arrangements with other Countries. I have mixed views about these organizations: from very bad to good.

Thanks for the heads up. It seems like as of now, FundSeeder isn't really an option anyway.

Howard Roark
Oslo Norway

I did spend some time on this by now and it seems like Journalytix is the best choice.

Thanked by:
 Futures Operator 
New York, NY

Platform: Sierra Chart, thinkorswim
Broker: Amp-Rithmic/TT, IB
Trading: CL, GC, NQ
Thanks Given: 2,039
Thanks Received: 258

Howard Roark View Post
I did spend some time on this by now and it seems like Journalytix is the best choice.

Can you explain why?

PkZ78 
Georgia

Platform: Sierra Chart, IB
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 2

Howard Roark View Post
Hello all! Merry Christmas!

For next year I'd love to establish an accurate track record which I could quickly show to anyone and which would hopefully be accepted as legitimate.

Right now, I track my own performance through Excel as my broker, Ninjatrader Clearing, only offers PDF statements and do not have a reliable electronic portal which tracks performance. A pity, really.

Is there any kind of service or solution that would be universally accepted for that purpose?

FundSeeder would be a perfect fit, but they do not seem to support my current broker (Ninjatrader Clearing).

Another one would be KINFO, but I just asked and they do not support Ninjatrader.

Swiset seems to support NT8, but not sure if it's what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Howard

A bit late, but not a lot of companies would be willing to "verify" your track record.
If you want automated journaling/real-time syncing with NinjaTrader, you can maybe look into TradesViz (https://www.tradesviz.com/blog/auto-import-ninjatrader/). But there is no guarantee of "validity" or "verification" of track record.

Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom
Elite_Member

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

PkZ78 View Post
A bit late, but not a lot of companies would be willing to "verify" your track record.

True, but with Journalytix it will import the trades automatically in real time and is designed so that it won't let trades be deleted or edited, or allow other trades to be manually entered. So it does at least provide an accurate record of trades taken.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:
 PkZ78 
Georgia

Platform: Sierra Chart, IB
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 2

matthew28 View Post
True, but with Journalytix it will import the trades automatically in real time and is designed so that it won't let trades be deleted or edited, or allow other trades to be manually entered. So it does at least provide an accurate record of trades taken.

Real-time with limited brokers last I read and the most popular being NT8 which is also supported by TradesViz for real-time trades syncing and costs less than 1/2 their price.

Kinda off-topic, but IMHO, I don't get the point about "verifying" trade records. No journal can truly guarantee this and being able to at least group/split the trades the way you want is important for any journal. Taking away even that basic journaling functionality for "validity" of trades does not seem like a good trade-off to me.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 2, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts