NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

New trader, confused about courses

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bavan666 with 5 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2 posts (16 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Symple with 2 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 2 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one matthew28 with 11 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 AllSeeker with 5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 5,874 views
    2. thumb_up 85 thanks given
    3. group 14 followers
    1. forum 23 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

New trader, confused about courses

SBtrader82   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,333

there is ton of free material on youtube, as a rule of thumb if you see a video with 100K visualization it's normaly BS for amateurs.
If the videos is entertaining and well edited the person is not a trader, he's a youtuber.
If you see videos with 100 or 80 visualization with real trades, that's a good sign that the person is really trading....another good sign is if this person doesn't sell anything.

Give a look at the journals of some of the traders here, and you will see that some posts are really detailed and you can learn from them.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

goodoboy
Houston

Thanks Given: 344
Thanks Received: 246

bavan666 View Post
Hi, I'm new to this platform and this is my first post,
I'm 19 and I want to be a full-time trader, I started last year and have spent a lot of time going through all the free resources on the internet, like babypips, varsity, and have read a ton of books on technical analysis.

I want to spend money now on a course because I feel the free resources don't really give you the complete picture and don't tell you what you need to do from start to finish, I was initially considering working for a prop trading firm but unfortunately, in my country, there aren't a lot of them, and the few good ones that exist only hire traders that are already profitable.

So my only options are learning online, but the thing is, no matter which course I look at, I always find some review out there on some forum saying that the course is a scam and a waste of money, it seems like there isn't a single good course out there that gives you professional training, for all the profitable traders out there, how did you learn how to trade? what were the resources that really helped you, are there any good courses out there that aren't a scam?

bavan666,

Very challenging question indeed. You will get 1 million answers and you do not have enough money to try all courses. Or time.

Also, no-one will help you and give away their edge(s).

Also, there is many bar type to try. Which will use minute bars, range bars, Renko bars, , etc etc. and which bar size will you use.

Try this:

1. Pick a bar type and size
2. Remove all indicators from the chart
3. Pick a available time to trade, say 8am central to 11am central
4. Stare at the chart during these 3 hours.
4. Pick a risk amount, stop loss
5. Pick a reward amount, profit target
6. Guess and gamble when to enter the trade when you think you will win.

That is what I do. And its fun too. Now I do not have to worry about being scammed or wasting time and money study a trading course. Because I am a day trading gambler and guesser myself.

Thanked by:

TrendFollower1 
Austin, TX

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ThinkOrSwim
Trading: Currency, index, commodity futures
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 8

Hi Bavan,

Have you seen this thread... they're not courses, but some good suggestions can be found here.

Good luck to you.

bavan666 View Post
Hi, I'm new to this platform and this is my first post,
I'm 19 and I want to be a full-time trader, I started last year and have spent a lot of time going through all the free resources on the internet, like babypips, varsity, and have read a ton of books on technical analysis.

I want to spend money now on a course because I feel the free resources don't really give you the complete picture and don't tell you what you need to do from start to finish, I was initially considering working for a prop trading firm but unfortunately, in my country, there aren't a lot of them, and the few good ones that exist only hire traders that are already profitable.

So my only options are learning online, but the thing is, no matter which course I look at, I always find some review out there on some forum saying that the course is a scam and a waste of money, it seems like there isn't a single good course out there that gives you professional training, for all the profitable traders out there, how did you learn how to trade? what were the resources that really helped you, are there any good courses out there that aren't a scam?

Thanked by:

rezak 
Genova.Italy

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: retail prop firms
Trading: setups
Thanks Given: 187
Thanks Received: 182

https://archive.org/details/WyckoffMethodOfTapeReading here we go
and don't follow those fuckers on youtube, they are interested only in their promotion. They are bloggers, not speculators.
Can't imagine a profitable trader on youtube =)

Last Updated on January 8, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts