NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

new Emini hours problems!!!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Volt with 7 posts (3 thanks)
    2. looks_two trendisyourfriend with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tr8er with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tr8er with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Volt with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 2,582 views
    2. thumb_up 12 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 13 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

new Emini hours problems!!!

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

Volt View Post
Did Dalton happen to say how he deals with gaps and if he is letting it run until 5 pm EST ? reason I ask is because if you look at last Thursday as an example the market had a 6 - 7 point run up into the 5 pm close and left single prints . Yesterday we tested that high but if you cut off your session early then you would not see the gap fill.

The close is just another line/reference he puts on his chart. His Market Profile chart is RTH and his definition of a gap is if the market opens the RTH session above or below the previous day's RTH range. So a gap up would only be filled by his definition if it closed the gap down to the previous day's RTH high, whether the end of day close had been higher or not.

Personally I am ignoring the close as on the majority of days the volume drops off after the settle at the end of the RTH session. Otherwise for me it is just another level on the chart that price might or might not bounce off.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 Volt 
Whitehall, NY

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TOS, Market Delta
Broker: Infinity, TOS, IB
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 125
Thanks Received: 395

yes, I agree with the definition of the gap , the problem came yesterday as Daltons camp was not using all the range from last Thursdays day session ( 8:30 - 16:00 cst) so they missed the gap fill on short side. Didn't even have it marked as a reference. They are still "carrying that forward" which I think will be the wrong thing to do but as long as we eventually sell off then that gap ( using Daltons trading hours) will fill .
matthew28 View Post
The close is just another line/reference he puts on his chart. His Market Profile chart is RTH and his definition of a gap is if the market opens the RTH session above or below the previous day's RTH range. So a gap up would only be filled by his definition if it closed the gap down to the previous day's RTH high, whether the end of day close had been higher or not.

Personally I am ignoring the close as on the majority of days the volume drops off after the settle at the end of the RTH session. Otherwise for me it is just another level on the chart that price might or might not bounce off.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,752
Thanks Received: 18,136

For years I've used 9:30am - 4pm ET because those are cash hours. Now that the settlement has been moved to coincide with the cash close, there is truly nothing special about 4:15pm, or 4pm - 5pm ET, any more than there is about any other non-cash time. The alignment of settlement and cash close creates a consistent reference point. Settlement is when accounts are marked-to-market. The last trade at 5pm ET has no special meaning, unlike the 3:59:30 - 4:00:00 VWAP settlement. So for the purposes of a "day session," 9:30am - 4:00pm is the most logical. Most importantly, do what you want to do -- there are no rules... it's your chart, and you can do whatever you want

Thanked by:
 Volt 
Whitehall, NY

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TOS, Market Delta
Broker: Infinity, TOS, IB
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 125
Thanks Received: 395

It's things like this that keep me watching that 5 pm EST close. There are many of these close tests if you go back and look at charts the past few weeks. I'm not selling anyone on the close and we all will do what we want but this is why it is import to me. Left profile is end part of yesterday with 5 PM EST close as red asterisk right side is how we are unfolding today but I encourage all to do their own research and draw own conclusions . Really do appreciate the feedback from the participants in this thread.

sorry I think I've strayed off topic at this point !

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Last Updated on October 20, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts