NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ApexTraderFunding with 26 posts (25 thanks)
    2. looks_two Baudo with 24 posts (65 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Howard Roark with 22 posts (76 thanks)
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 21 posts (18 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Merkd1904 with 7.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Howard Roark with 3.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Baudo with 2.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 118,509 views
    2. thumb_up 510 thanks given
    3. group 84 followers
    1. forum 271 posts
    2. attach_file 16 attachments

Search this Thread

ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review

Baudo
Utrecht, Netherlands

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 104

ApexTraderFunding View Post
We are definitely not a scam though.
Good luck on your journey :-)

Thank you, nice to see that you have an active presence on this forum
With new companies comes that there is only little customer reviews yet to be found..

Therefore, I will add my reviews here about the experiences along the way.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

ApexTraderFunding   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 56

Baudo View Post
Thank you, nice to see that you have an active presence on this forum
With new companies comes that there is only little customer reviews yet to be found

Therefore I'll addi honest, factual reviews here about my experience along the way.

Totally understandable, I don't blame you.

Specially nowadays, I am very cautious when it comes to the newest shiny toy myself.

Thanked by:
biotic
Ostrava Czech Republic

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 38

Baudo View Post
Looking forward to test this one out.

Not too much information about it
Made the profit target, waiting to finish the 10 days

I'll let you know if it's a scam or not
I'll be back here with a full review

Rules are very clear and minimal
I guess a lot of clients will fail sooner due to the higher lot sizes / trailing drawdown

Anyone else already experiences regarding a funded APEX account and payouts?

I got funded with Apex and working to hopefully have my first withdrawal end of March.

My friend got funded and already managed to withdraw.

So far we both like the experience.

Good luck with your funded account

Phoenixoboros 
Paris France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart,TradeStation
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: CME Futures & US Treasury Bonds Futures (week) and Bitcoin (week-end)
Thanks Given: 95
Thanks Received: 65

Website says there is no Daily Drawdown Limit but is the Trailing Threshold not a Max Daily Drawdown Limit in design?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Phoenixoboros View Post
Website says there is no Daily Drawdown Limit but is the Trailing Threshold not a Max Daily Drawdown Limit in design?

we do have a trailing drawdown like many other companies, it trails the Unrealized profits from the highest point,
I hope this helps

Thx Marion

Phoenixoboros 
Paris France

So, say for a 25K FULL account a trader is up to 27 500$ on the day at some point, if his account drops below 26 000$ on that same day he breaks the Trailing Threshold rule, correct?
Although I understand the rationale behind it from a consistency standpoint, it's implicitly a 1 500$ Daily Loss Limit, in fact it's even more strict than a Daily Loss Limit because it's apparently calculated real-time as opposed to being calculated daily like other companies.

Phoenixoboros View Post
So, say for a 25K FULL account a trader is up to 27 500$ on the day at some point, if his account drops below 26 000$ on that same day he breaks the Trailing Threshold rule, correct?

That is correct, but since the the 25K Full has a profit goal of $1500 a trader should take the profit as soon as his account balance is past $26,500 and call it good. No reason to allow the trade going against you at that point.

Phoenixoboros 
Paris France

ApexTraderFunding View Post
That is correct, but since the the 25K Full has a profit goal of $1500 a trader should take the profit as soon as his account balance is past $26,500 and call it good. No reason to allow the trade going against you at that point.

So only evaluation accounts have this rule? as funded accounts don't have profit goals.

k7ler
CONSTANTINE/ALGERIA (DZ)

Thanks Given: 146
Thanks Received: 7

there is any update to add eurex data on challange to trade europeen time zone , more attractive for news trader and more option challange can now there is many micro contract low margin , thanx you

Baudo
Utrecht, Netherlands

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 104

Baudo View Post
Looking forward to test this one out.

Not too much information about it
Made the profit target, waiting to finish the 10 days

I'll let you know if it's a scam or not
I'll be back here with a full review

Rules are very clear and minimal
I guess a lot of clients will fail sooner due to the higher lot sizes / trailing drawdown

Anyone else already experiences regarding a funded APEX account and payouts?

Here is my promised REVIEW on customer experience and passing the evaluation account with APEX

very swift transition to paid account
Finished the eval account and the 10th trading day last Friday
very quick follow-up by Apex, received notice on Saturday morning European time

Instructions what they expected from me were very clear
Funded account was setup in 24 hours during the weekend.

No surprises to me in the contract, except for one
Received the contract, easy and quick to fill in
All rules are very logical, from the standpoint that almost all applicants will fail the performance account and that the company wants to limit their risk to the maximum. Which is very understandable and prudent from a business perspective.
If you are consistently profitable, this is not an issue.

Payout scheme
you need to be patient though: first payout only after 25 trading days. So stay alive
there is a max payout on the first three payouts. This is clearly stated on their website. Most clients will have busted their accounts by then.

There is a minimum balance threshold, which in my opinion is practically a second combine
Caveat: you first have to trade up to a minimum account balance. I have 150k account, so I have to trade up to 155k, I can only pay out the amount that surpasses this 155k.
So this 5k generated profits permanently needs to stay in the account.

This 5k practically can not be payed out. I won't disclose details from the contract (most funding parties have non-disclosure in their contracts) but let me say this: on their website I couldn't find their policy how to get this 5k paid out as a trader.
From the traders perspective, it's wise to just see this as a 'second combine'. You need to achieve this before you can make profits than can actually be paid out.
So forget about the first 5k generated profits. To me this is a MAJOR disadvantage in their proposition.

Be aware that the advantages of APEX (higher lot size, no scaling plan, less rules in general) are actually conditions that can set you up for failure. More opportunity to pass the evaluation account with luck, oversizing, etc. , it's easier to pass, but this approach will actually set you up for failure in the funded stage.

Very detailed Information on their website and per mail
Much Kudo's to Apextrader funding for warning their traders for rookie mistakes, like:
- not understanding the live trailing drawdown: it's ridiculous that aspiring traders are to lazy to monitor this, and then complain about this in online reviews. APEX had repeatedly warned for this on their website, in their contracts, in the mails they sent, they have video footage where they clarify this extensively, and it's clearly stated on the site and explicitly in their advertised products (live trailing drawdow)
- trading too much size etc. etc
- compliments for instructions how to setup your own risk parameters in Rithmic pro

I'm very positive about the extensive information on their website.
Not very positive about their payout scheme! This payout scheme is completely understandable from their risk perspective. They strip away all kind of rules and this is what you get back. Lots of traders with bad risk management will pass the evaluation just by being lucky. Therefore, most will fail in the performance account. For apex to have longevity these probably have to be filtered out. If not in the evaluation stage, then in de first stages of the performance account. It seems they want to minimise their risk by stretching payouts in time the way they do. Nevertheless: if you are consistently profitable (which most of us aren't), this is not really problem except for the patience.

Maybe for myself, it would have been a more logical choice to go with a funding party with tight rules, but immediate payout opportunity (like topstep).

Either go for a minimum rules & low cost of the evaluation of companies like Apex, or go for a tight risk ruled/consistency/double combine, (very) premium priced alternative like topstep that gives opportunity for complete and immediate payout in their funded accounts. You can't have both in one provider. Which is completely logical to me.

So far so good. I'll keep you posted here on further experiences and possible payouts after 25 trading days. Good luck all.

Last Updated on April 15, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts