NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one ApexTraderFunding with 26 posts (25 thanks)
    2. looks_two Baudo with 24 posts (65 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Howard Roark with 22 posts (76 thanks)
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 21 posts (18 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Merkd1904 with 7.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Howard Roark with 3.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Baudo with 2.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 118,607 views
    2. thumb_up 510 thanks given
    3. group 84 followers
    1. forum 271 posts
    2. attach_file 16 attachments

Search this Thread

ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review

Phoenixoboros 
Paris France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart,TradeStation
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: CME Futures & US Treasury Bonds Futures (week) and Bitcoin (week-end)
Thanks Given: 95
Thanks Received: 65

VirtualMark View Post
What's DD?

Drawdown

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
 Futures Operator 
New York, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart, thinkorswim
Broker: Amp-Rithmic/TT, IB
Trading: CL, GC, NQ
Thanks Given: 2,039
Thanks Received: 258

ApexTraderFunding View Post
We are NOT running out of cash, we are growing steadily. We are trying to find ways to help our traders.

@ApexTraderFunding :

1. Can you use an end of day drawdown instead of trailing unrealized profits per trade for drawdown?

2. Can you allow news trading? The risk and drawdown rules are already in place.

3. Can you allow days with outsized gains?

4. Can you allow traders to withdraw profits without being forced to trade additional days?

5. Can you allow traders to be in control to withdraw their own profits fully without constraints like small capped withdrawal limits for 3 months?

A technical trend following trader's return profile will look very different than a scalper, with infrequent outsize days when the market offers them, and will encounter these as part of their strategy.

ApexTraderFunding   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 56

Futures Operator View Post
@ApexTraderFunding :

1. Can you use an end of day drawdown instead of trailing unrealized profits per trade for drawdown?

2. Can you allow news trading? The risk and drawdown rules are already in place.

3. Can you allow days with outsized gains?

4. Can you allow traders to withdraw profits without being forced to trade additional days?

5. Can you allow traders to be in control to withdraw their own profits fully without constraints like small capped withdrawal limits for 3 months?

A technical trend following trader's return profile will look very different than a scalper, with infrequent outsize days when the market offers them, and will encounter these as part of their strategy.

We are always trying to find a good balance between managing our own risk and improving certain things for our users.
I will certainly put that on our list which will be reviewed by our upper management.

Phoenixoboros 
Paris France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart,TradeStation
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: CME Futures & US Treasury Bonds Futures (week) and Bitcoin (week-end)
Thanks Given: 95
Thanks Received: 65

@ApexTraderFunding

Any news on ERUEX with Rithmic ?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Futures Operator 
New York, NY

ApexTraderFunding View Post
We are always trying to find a good balance between managing our own risk and improving certain things for our users.
I will certainly put that on our list which will be reviewed by our upper management.

@ApexTraderFunding , can you clarify - If a trader who's strategy is specifically to wait for higher probability market conditions like trend days, which happen rarely maybe 10% of the time, but make the large majority of their profits only on those days, will they not receive their pay due to the 30% consistency rule?

I see Micro BTC listed, but not the larger Mini BTC, is it available, especially in the larger accounts allowing more full size mini contracts?

Let us know on any changes in policy regarding the previously mentioned questions above.

Futures Operator 
New York, NY

VirtualMark View Post

Some of the traps I've seen are:

XXX amount of days before you can take some of your profit, and you lose your entire profit if you break a rule in that time.

Trades they won't pay out on(Apex has rules on this, if they don't fit in your plan they won't pay).

Rules against trading news events, not allowed 5 minutes before and after etc.

@VirtualMark , can you clarify how can you lose your entire profit if you break a rule while waiting for payout, and what type of rule are you referring to?

VirtualMark
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 66

Futures Operator View Post
@VirtualMark , can you clarify how can you lose your entire profit if you break a rule while waiting for payout, and what type of rule are you referring to?

Hi, it doesn't apply to Apex and I went a bit off topic there. But some firms have daily loss limits in place, and if you hit it then you lose your account, including any profits generated. Apex doesn't have a daily loss limit, but they do have a lot of other hoops to jump through to get a payout. Such as a minimum 10 days before you get a payout, a 30% rule for one day and only certain times of the month where you can request a payout.

Futures Operator 
New York, NY

Curious any long term members on here who have been around for a while, with a higher post count, who have posted quite a bit, and not just about apex, used them for a live account, and could share their experience?

HighCall79 

Hello Marion,

could I please bring the 20% flipping rule* to your attention? I just had 3 payouts denied due to it. I'd assume the spirit of the law would be to avoid users making a quick buck and then adding 1-tick a day until a payout is possible. But in my case, I had 18 real traded days (more than the 10 necessary for a payout) but also had the habit to 1-tick every account every day and my accounts are now at 39, 67 and 70 total days. To now obey the 20% flipping rule and ever take a payout from those accounts, I will need 180 more real traded days. While not impossible and while I have other funded accounts, I feel like this punishment is straying from the idea of avoiding users adding a few 1-tick days so they can get the 10 days required for a payout. Could you please consider a change to the rule terms or add the possibility to change the number of traded days back to 0? I'd just redo 10 real traded days.

*: Having large trading day / days, then only "flipping" contracts in an attempt to meet
the minimum required days to request a withdrawal is prohibited and will result in a denial of
payout request until consistency is shown. A trader may not have more than 20% of trading
days that could be defined as flipping of any kind. Company is seeking consistent, day to day
trading systems, not erratic trading, jumping from system to system, or working the system to
reach a payout request date.

Thank you

ApexTraderFunding   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 56

Null065 View Post
Hello Marion,

could I please bring the 20% flipping rule* to your attention? I just had 3 payouts denied due to it. I'd assume the spirit of the law would be to avoid users making a quick buck and then adding 1-tick a day until a payout is possible. But in my case, I had 18 real traded days (more than the 10 necessary for a payout) but also had the habit to 1-tick every account every day and my accounts are now at 39, 67 and 70 total days. To now obey the 20% flipping rule and ever take a payout from those accounts, I will need 180 more real traded days. While not impossible and while I have other funded accounts, I feel like this punishment is straying from the idea of avoiding users adding a few 1-tick days so they can get the 10 days required for a payout. Could you please consider a change to the rule terms or add the possibility to change the number of traded days back to 0? I'd just redo 10 real traded days.

*: Having large trading day / days, then only "flipping" contracts in an attempt to meet
the minimum required days to request a withdrawal is prohibited and will result in a denial of
payout request until consistency is shown. A trader may not have more than 20% of trading
days that could be defined as flipping of any kind. Company is seeking consistent, day to day
trading systems, not erratic trading, jumping from system to system, or working the system to
reach a payout request date.

Thank you

Please submit a ticket to the helpdesk - ATT Marion - include your account numbers and we will look into it.

Tx Marion

Last Updated on April 15, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts