NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

I have developed a holy grail

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one nites with 25 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 8 posts (42 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Small Dog with 4 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 3 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 5.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Koepisch with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 lightsun47 with 2.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 kevinkdog with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 10,597 views
    2. thumb_up 96 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 57 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

I have developed a holy grail

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5,249
Thanks Received: 5,012

I must say I've not seen a system that performs equally (almost) well on both long and short with profit factor of 7.08 overall.

I tip my hat to you and congratulate on finding holy grail.

I would also genuinely suggest (as a fellow programmer and system developer) not to sell such a profitable system (Even though a very short period of data and very short amount of trades are documented) and keep it very close to you till its working and cash in when its not by selling it.

Good luck.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Small Dog 
Sydney NSW Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradeStation, Oanda
Trading: Forex, index futures
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 151

This thread is silly. I say this is overfitted system. If you want to prove me wrong post the code and let other people verify it.

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,196
Thanks Received: 15,609

The only thing that counts here on fio

• First open a journal (elite or all)
• Use your system and journal real time as follows:
- I will take a trade long or short now or at time @ xy:zz, entry @
- eventually a handy SL with tt points)
- I close the trade time @ab:cd, exit @
- The trade made a result of bb points
Weekly trades were.... (x positive, y neutral, z negative)
total weekly result is...
dito for the yearly result

Only a developing trade journal is valuable. You can find some here on fio - the big junk are journals in hindsight that are not worth to follow.
I hope you do not count to the second category. So take the rope and give a good picture of the holy grail you are speaking of. No need to present the secrets here - just the results count.

Deal?

GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,196
Thanks Received: 15,609

About multi purpose tools

Given a trader is a human and has experience, a system and more:
we see a nearly infinite bunch of instruments to trade around the world. Every instrument has its buyers and sellers. The volume of every instrument traded has a tremendous influence on the volatility and the development on this very instrument - which normally is not attached to one other instrument in the flood of choices.
Markets move within seconds, hours, days or larger time frames. Influences given or sudden breaking news result in difficult to predict moves.
So I do not believe in systems that cover any instrument, any time and any market.
Therefore I am a developer of systems just for one instrument which I know inside out. Even then it is difficult to earn over years stable results - as said - under changing market conditions.

What I have learned:
It is not important when to take a trade - but far more when NOT to take one.

All that said - there is no multi purpose tool for traders now nor in the future.

GFIs1

Thanked by:
 nites 
Belgrade, Serbia

AllSeeker View Post

I must say I've not seen a system that performs equally (almost) well on both long and short with profit factor of 7.08 overall.

I tip my hat to you and congratulate on finding holy grail.

I would also genuinely suggest (as a fellow programmer and system developer) not to sell such a profitable system (Even though a very short period of data and very short amount of trades are documented) and keep it very close to you till its working and cash in when its not by selling it.

Good luck.

Thank you. Appreciate it.

Will do it with larger sample size, if I find sufficient time.

ursus View Post

This thread is silly. I say this is overfitted system. If you want to prove me wrong post the code and let other people verify it.

Would you mind giving counter argument? How it is being overfitted?
Only time system is optimized is in real time, when a new data arrives.

Single silly thing in this thread is your post, why on earth would I give you the code?
All the best

rahulgopi 
milpitas, ca, usa
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: Tradestation
Broker: Tradestation, Ameritrade
Trading: ES, Gold, 10 Yr
Thanks Given: 1,389
Thanks Received: 4,206

Congratulations on your backtesting results, looks impressive !!

If I have such a system, I would invest every penny I can afford to trade and keep building my account, trade my way to financial freedom.

What are you looking to achieve with this thread ?

1). Are you looking to validate the idea?

2) Are you looking to raise capital ?

3) Are you planning to sell the system on some sort of subscription model?.

If you clearly state your intent, probably people here can provide more meaningful feedback.

nites 
Belgrade, Serbia

GFIs1 View Post
The only thing that counts here on fio

• First open a journal (elite or all)
• Use your system and journal real time as follows:
- I will take a trade long or short now or at time @ xy:zz, entry @
- eventually a handy SL with tt points)
- I close the trade time @ab:cd, exit @
- The trade made a result of bb points
Weekly trades were.... (x positive, y neutral, z negative)
total weekly result is...
dito for the yearly result

Only a developing trade journal is valuable. You can find some here on fio - the big junk are journals in hindsight that are not worth to follow.
I hope you do not count to the second category. So take the rope and give a good picture of the holy grail you are speaking of. No need to present the secrets here - just the results count.

Deal?

GFIs1

Would love to start a journal, I believe it would help me be accountable and more disciplined in taking the trades.

But
right now, I'm afraid it is not possible. I'm an field electrical engineer, setting up industrial machines across the world.
If in the future, trading becomes my only job, journal will be first thing I would do.

Thanks.

GFIs1 View Post
About multi purpose tools

Given a trader is a human and has experience, a system and more:
we see a nearly infinite bunch of instruments to trade around the world. Every instrument has its buyers and sellers. The volume of every instrument traded has a tremendous influence on the volatility and the development on this very instrument - which normally is not attached to one other instrument in the flood of choices.
Markets move within seconds, hours, days or larger time frames. Influences given or sudden breaking news result in difficult to predict moves.
So I do not believe in systems that cover any instrument, any time and any market.
Therefore I am a developer of systems just for one instrument which I know inside out. Even then it is difficult to earn over years stable results - as said - under changing market conditions.

What I have learned:
It is not important when to take a trade - but far more when NOT to take one.

All that said - there is no multi purpose tool for traders now nor in the future.

GFIs1

There might be differences in various markets, but all markets are, consider this very important:

Market is non - Gaussian and non - linear process.
The market is NOT a stationary process, which means that all tools based on linear algebra 95% traders use, stuff like MA, CCI, RSI or support/resistance, etc DOESN'T work.

Solution to this is to ditch all you've been told. And search for theory and application in physics that can model characteristics of the market I mentioned above.

Arch 
W.Coast, USA.

Platform: Anything
Trading: Emini
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 381

nites View Post
Would love to start a journal, I believe it would help me be accountable and more disciplined in taking the trades.

But
right now, I'm afraid it is not possible. I'm an field electrical engineer, setting up industrial machines across the world.
If in the future, trading becomes my only job, journal will be first thing I would do.

Thanks.

There might be differences in various markets, but all markets are, consider this very important:

Market is non - Gaussian and non - linear process.
The market is NOT a stationary process, which means that all tools based on linear algebra 95% traders use, stuff like MA, CCI, RSI or support/resistance, etc DOESN'T work.

Solution to this is to ditch all you've been told. And search for theory and application in physics that can model characteristics of the market I mentioned above.

How can your oscillator have output deviating within an unbounded range and still converge across zero lines cyclically? I think you may be confusing definitions of stationarity if you're considering both a rolling moving average and an RSI to be non-stationary.

Regardless, good luck with your system.

Thanked by:
 nites 
Belgrade, Serbia

Arch View Post
How can your oscillator have output deviating within an unbounded range and still converge across zero lines cyclically? I think you may be confusing definitions of stationarity if you're considering both a rolling moving average and an RSI to be non-stationary.

Regardless, good luck with your system.

Thank you.

It is narrow filter, that's how it preserves relative amplitude.

I have said that market is non - stationary, not RSI or MA.

nites 
Belgrade, Serbia

rahulgopi View Post
Congratulations on your backtesting results, looks impressive !!

If I have such a system, I would invest every penny I can afford to trade and keep building my account, trade my way to financial freedom.

What are you looking to achieve with this thread ?

1). Are you looking to validate the idea?

2) Are you looking to raise capital ?

3) Are you planning to sell the system on some sort of subscription model?.

If you clearly state your intent, probably people here can provide more meaningful feedback.

Hi Rahul, thank you, it is much appreciated.

I don't have enough capital to trade comfortably with low drawdowns. I've traded with many online prop firms, earned some additional income, but never had time and discipline to do it day after day (sincerely hope I will improve this in the future).

1. Not really, maybe a fraction, I was genuinely interested what others traders have to say, good or bad. I'm always looking for new improvements, models and ideas, sometimes forums can provide useful insights.

2. No, I don't have guts to trade other people money. I have some insights about Jim Simmons RenTec strategy models, but it exceeds my brain capabilities by light years. There is a reason his company employs some of the brightest minds and PhD's in engineering and signal processing.

3. No, this was not my plan before starting the thread. Honestly, I thought about selling it many times through the years, but never could break on it and start commercial company. It would make me immensely happy that someone could earn a living, or transform their trading by something I can offer.
So final answer: at this moment, no, not planning to sell it.

I hope my answers met some of your expectations. Let me know your thoughts or advice about it.
Thank you.

Closed Thread

Last Updated on July 12, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts