NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trailer Park Capitol

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one michaelroth with 315 posts (536 thanks)
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 18 posts (54 thanks)
    3. looks_3 TheTradeSlinger with 17 posts (30 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 16 posts (60 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one josh with 5.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 3.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 michaelroth with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 49,315 views
    2. thumb_up 837 thanks given
    3. group 40 followers
    1. forum 412 posts
    2. attach_file 462 attachments

Search this Thread

Trailer Park Capitol

michaelroth 
Gillette Wyoming

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 739
Thanks Received: 563

icedfrosty View Post
Happy to chat about the secrets of the Zombie Pack and TickHunter...if you would like a walkthrough...just reach out...

That would be fantastic. I recently l downloaded and installed the Zombie pack, TickHunter and Priceinfo, everything works great. Charting them up its immediately obvious that there is a method to you madness, but because of the way that I am currently trading, I cant quite wrap my head around it. Just let me know what time and way will best accommodate your schedule and I'll make it a priority. I'm both super curious and excited to see these tools used as they were meant to be.

Day trading, so easy a caveman could do it.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks

icedfrosty 
Dallas/Texas/US

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader8, MetaTrader5
Broker: NinjaTrader, AMP Futures
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 70
Thanks Received: 549

michaelroth View Post
That would be fantastic. I recently l downloaded and installed the Zombie pack, TickHunter and Priceinfo, everything works great. Charting them up its immediately obvious that there is a method to you madness, but because of the way that I am currently trading, I cant quite wrap my head around it. Just let me know what time and way will best accommodate your schedule and I'll make it a priority. I'm both super curious and excited to see these tools used as they were meant to be.

I am available 3 hours after the NY session open on most days. You can reach me on Discord (Frosty#1930) or Skype (whereuben) and we can work out times.

michaelroth 
Gillette Wyoming

icedfrosty View Post
I am available 3 hours after the NY session open on most days. You can reach me on Discord (Frosty#1930) or Skype (whereuben) and we can work out times.

I added you to Skype and Discord. Thanks!

michaelroth 
Gillette Wyoming

I am Michael, and this is My Strategy.

I trade a little something that I like to call the 'intraday swing trade'. I'll start by describing the three charts I use. the first chart's a pretty standard daily with fancy 50 and 200 EMA's to better show over all where the market's at.

The second chart is my heavy hitter, and is the chart that I should be watching after I take a trade because it does the best job of showing moth the trend and important levels. For the porpose of this journal I will be formally calling it the renko anchor chart, or RAC for short.

The last chart is my trigger chart where I actually place my trades. I'll break down how I am using these charts next.

Thanked by:

michaelroth 
Gillette Wyoming

Trade update for Today. It was a beautiful day for trading the MES. Unfortunately I wasn't up to the task because my back hurts and I'm talking pills. Still gave it a go. As usual I am still prone to over trading. This day would have been break even, at best. The good news is that todays trading does conform to the trade plan, and all its going to take is for me to get a small fraction better before I go live. I am encouraged by these results.

michaelroth 
Gillette Wyoming

Getting wrecked in sim Friday and Monday primarily due to shifting strategies and not having a full plan. Work in progress I suppose. First thing that needs work is nailing down a strategy and sticking to it. Need some rules like when I'm going to trade, when I'm going to enter a trade, how I'm going to trade. What kind of trader am I.

1. Trading days are going to be 7:00 to 10:00 Mondays through Fridays as my schedule allows. In at 7:00 out at 10:00. When I'm trading, I need to focus on trading. If I cant have or lose that focus I need to not take trades.

2. My technical analysis seems to be decent. The levels that I mark up show S/R and the price does react to daily levels on the chart. I need to start taking trades if I see these levels working like they should.

3. I need to plan my trades when I'm trading, not taking trades on instinct. See a set up, wait for confirmation of set up, have price in mind to trade. place the trade.

4. Adopt a strategy, just one. Ticks, time or range? Renko? Answer these questions, find something I can start to trust. Define the strategy, hone it in practice.

michaelroth 
Gillette Wyoming

6/23 7 AM. Here to trade. Important ES levels are 4230 & 4248 w/ price trending up @ 4241. I think we are going to make a lazy move to the upside.

I'm hoping to get in early and take my trade so that I can get to bed. Just got back from night shift. This is not the ideal head space to be trading from, but I have to practice even this so that when I go live I am prepared for it. If my trade doesn't show up before 8:00 AM., I'll probably call it a day.

Things to remember today. Trade with the trend. Not sure why this is so hard for me. Right now today @ 7:15 we are above the 200 EMA, looking to go long. The trade idea for this morning is I am waiting for price to pull back to the 20 or 50, or even 200- bounce, and when the first fat bull bar closes, and the RSi is moves above 50, I get in the trade.

7:27 if price is going to bounce, it will be around 4237. If it falls thru, the next level is 4230, under the 200, I can go short on a good bear bar & under 50 on the RSI. 7:30 here we go.

Almost 8:00, price hasn't left 4238 and has consolidated between the 200 @ 4237 and 4242. It will have to breakout one way or the other before a trade can be placed.

I might wake before noon and see where price it at. Time for bed.

michaelroth 
Gillette Wyoming

6.24.21 I took 3 points ES today. Still getting warmed up, so still in SIM, but each day that I practice I am finding what it is that I will need to accomplish in order to fulfill my quest to compound the shit out of ES. I'm getting there. Here is a screen shot of my set up.

What worked today- Learning that I prefer to trade the 2 minute chart. Waiting for the chart to tell me where its going to react. Here I can see that price kept bouncing off the 200 EMA, so this was a great place to make trades. My good trades come from when I understand what price is likely to do, I enter the trade when and where I planned to, and the trade continues to develop in the same way as I thought it was likely to. A skill that I will have to work on is killing those trades that are not developing according to the plan. This daily trade performance may not seem that impressive, but I know that if I get good enough to routinely take 3 points of ES whenever I can and want to, I can realistically trade my way to over a million dollars in around a years time.

I call these trades workhorse trades, bread and butter trades.

michaelroth 
Gillette Wyoming

Trading after night shifts probably will require its own set of rules to mostly to prevent over trading. Today was loser, but only due to commissions. The take away from today is there are limited set ups between 7:00 and 10:00. If I'm going to make money trading this chart at this time I need to be really focused so that I can catch the move of the day, get on the right side of it. Today's move was this fat ass candle, but I wasn't paying close enough attention, was distracted, plain old was not on task.

This week has shown me that while I'm not yet ready to take on the 2 point Challenge, I am getting close. The key lessons from this week are that my strategy sucks and needs refinement, and that when trading, I need to be solely focused on trading.

1. Better define my strategy.
2. Stay on ES ONLY from 7:00 AM until 10:00 AM for now. In that 3 hours- sports commentary the shit out of it, Things like if price goes here, this is my plan. Mark it up on the chart for the journal.

Thanked by:

michaelroth 
Gillette Wyoming

I had a pretty good weekend, some of it I worked on THE PLAN, and some of it I just hung out with fam. It's important to strike that balance. THE PLAN requires that I go HAM, but its also a long term endeavor, so I have to pace myself accordingly. Secretly I know that all things relate to THE PLAN, but its a jedi that knows not to tell his girlfriend too much about it. I'm at a point in this adventure that its time for THE PLAN to start speaking for itself.

Anyway, worked on strategy this weekend- Mostly back testing against market replay data from last week. Trading is an art that I could go learning forever, but its come to the point that I have to run what I brung. My current strategy feels like a ford fiesta. Its not glamourous by any stretch of the imagination, but it does seem to run well enough, and maybe that's all I need. Its time to take it for a test drive. I'm working my 4 day shifts this week, plus over time on Friday, so I wont be able to trade. This should give me the time I need to finalize THE PLAN and know exactly what I needs to be done so that I can start trading live against the MES next Monday.

Last Updated on March 31, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts