NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

CUTLOSS DAILY TRADING P/L and RANTS/CALLS

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Cutloss with 86 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two Philip Hutchinson with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 hedgeplay with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 hedgeplay with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Cutloss with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 8,461 views
    2. thumb_up 19 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 86 posts
    2. attach_file 63 attachments

Search this Thread

CUTLOSS DAILY TRADING P/L and RANTS/CALLS

Cutloss 
Midway florida

1.45 watch the micro russel book for 5 lot adds and subtracts rows 9 and 10 ..mkt is pretty fast now though
gonan get cute and mess with it huh on your own.. love it!!

now if you noticed what i was doing in teh russell did you also notice what the market just did? it was wondering.. what in the world is going on with all of those 5 lot adds and subtracts 10 ticks down on the order book?

the market being all of the tick feed readers and calculations being done. if some of you who actually trade also at the same time threw up some lots on teh 9 and 10 ladder of the micro at the same time that i did then we would really see the mkt slow but becareful if large enough orders get ont he book and move a lot then the machines will move the mkt to that point to investigate some times. you can really see this happen in the over night market now

let me preface this with you must have INTENT TO FILL and i did want to fill i mean who would not want to FILL A 5 lot 10 ticks below the market as it is moving higher? i wish they would have filled me!! i even went up a ladder level to 9 because i was willing to pay up a tick but they still wouldnt fill me!!

the whole idea about cancelling orders is you can cancel them but PLACING them you must have intent to FILL!! now is it possible that thsoe 5 lots brought the entire market down over the past 6 minutes? yes it is entirerly possible.

this is exactly how spoofers try to operate but in the micro second realm and it is good to know nd understand that there is communication going on with the big machines as well as spoofing in every market that is electronic!! that is why large banks and institutions just keep paying fines at our expense.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
41 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks
 Cutloss 
Midway florida

short nq now is what im doin for a short term trade

Cutloss 
Midway florida

ScreenHunter 20893

Cutloss 
Midway florida

I am going to be doing 2 things this week.
1. i am sizing up (this may include scalps in the MINI CONTRACTS at certain points)
2. I am going to start trading a lil bitcoin and perhaps oil

as far as performance I am thinking a lot more on the lines of would it beneficial to swing trade an option with a bias and also day trade.
this way you would take advantage of the large market moves and if you used options it would be limited risk.

I am also going to look at options again. i traded them for years and loved trading them but have gotten away from them over the years.

i am seeing that there may be quite a bit of opportunity in them for a weekly swing.

Cutloss 
Midway florida

SUNDAY Night futures!!
ok.. so i am talking about the nq here and i am going to play the market about 20 seconds to 2 minutes after teh open.

if the mkt spikes lower i am a buyer for a quick scalp..
if the mkt spikes higher i will be a lil slower to sell waiting for a higher price but i will sell into the strength lookign for a short scalp after eh initial 5 minutes of opening its anyones guess what to do .. thats up to the mkt..

so we are either.. 1. buying the quick dip.. or 2 selling a little slower taller rally

for the open of sunday night futures in the nasdaq. i haent checked bitcoin but i would ventrue to guess that if specualtion is big in the btc and ether over the weekend then that has all the addcited futures traders ready to buy buy buy but if btc and ether are both down pretty good then the FOMO wont be as strong. thats some real world info for ya..
good luck.

checked btc not much going on really it looks to have sold off but to a decent buy the dip point in btc but will need to see what btc futures do on the open also but im nsticking to my plan eventhough it is vague. for a short term play right after the open im buying the dip or selling the rally while giving the rally a lil more time like say an extra minute..then boom im short

Cutloss 
Midway florida

I always find the end of the day to be more difficult for me to trade well. does anyone else notice this in their trading?

any ideas as to why this happens?

1. is it that you have banked profits and feel like you can trade lose and go more with your gut?
2. is it that you are in a loss and want to be positive by the end of the day and that window is closing fast
3. is it that the machines and AI already have so muc information about the trading day that they can set up more fkaes on you or
is it that the A.I and machines are actually negative on the day and they too must ratchet up tricks and manipulations to make up what they are down on the day?
4. is it just random

5. anything is possible actually if you have any ideas would like to hear them

6. is it human trader fatigue!! possible

Cutloss 
Midway florida

long nasdaq now!

Cutloss 
Midway florida

ScreenHunter 20947

Cutloss 
Midway florida

Good morning! i left last night with my mnq on long and came back to it being down considerably i traded the russel long and the es long onsome scalps and added to my NQ. imstarting the day out pretty good.

i am looking for some strong selling on teh global corporate tax which should hurt tech again! once break down to say 13670 ill look to buy if we get there and potentially lower if it drops more. i am looking to get long btc at some point today on a dip

have a great day and lern to cutloss..that is what i am working on.. it is so true. once you learn how to earn you gotta learn how to keep it!!

ScreenHunter 20954

i used to have trade the news and i think i will get it back soon because i have zero news gong ever and i never even read it until after the close. i do think new is important to help you make exits way more than entries you can quickly go risk off where as lately for me im just risk on all the time.

yes i got a better price than my limit! there are some things that i wont divulge

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter 20955.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	313683  
 Cutloss 
Midway florida

i plan to size up today assuming i see more good entires and i will also as usual keep scalping

yes i do well with the micros usually but why am i not trading the minis? because YOU NEED to realize how enormous those contracts really are! i traded them for years unsusccessfully until finally i figured out ways to trade them with about break even if not a little better they are very tough to ttrade due to the size but now I trade the micros.. they are not too gut wrenching and they can actually pay the bills.

do i plan o gettign back to the mini contracts yes that is all i traded for years even over the phone.

as i start to size i once i get to 5 lots at a time (currently 1 lots) then I wll move to 1 micro assuming i can do that with my strategy it is possible that doing multiple contracts at different tim eslices is actualy a part of my edge so if that is the case then i would not be sizing up to minis until i was able to 3 or 3 minis at a time. currently i am doing 1 lot at a time up to 3 lots max

Last Updated on June 16, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts