NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Taking loss cutting losers managing positions HOW?

Discussion in Emini and Emicro Index

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Cutloss with 41 posts (26 thanks)
    2. looks_two MNSTrading with 9 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Sandpaddict with 8 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SpeculatorSeth with 3 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two MNSTrading with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SpeculatorSeth with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Cutloss with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 9,032 views
    2. thumb_up 62 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 66 posts
    2. attach_file 24 attachments

Search this Thread

Taking loss cutting losers managing positions HOW?

Cutloss 
Midway florida

for sake of example tooka live trade in the es. pretty much a random long entry on the 9.43 bar
fill was 4188.25
the 13 period atr at this point intime on teh 1 minute was 2.2 so that is our multiplier
the biggest bar was 4.25 since open eyeballed so my stop was and is set at 4.25 x 2.2=9.35
4188.25-9,35= 4178.9

i set the stop loss at 4178.75 still long now if i get into profits say 2.25 ticks i move my stop al the way up to the
mac bar or 4.25 and trail it

lets see what happens here on this trade today could be over with in 3 minutes who knows.
mkt is not exactly bullish and the almost random entry was nto at the bottom so a stop out could be likely with a 50 dollar loss inthe micros.

this is on the 1 minute mind you and we are in a down trend in the es

is there a way to post screen shots on this site without an exterior url?

I have an algo i programmed for day trading that i am also runnign right now we will see how it goes also doing very well in the nq today teh algo that is .. this es trade is hangin in thre on this SMART STOP

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Cutloss 
Midway florida

ok so we are in the clear on thsi trade .. almost at a profit in the es long at 4188.25 so wjen it prints at 4190.5 we drop the deep stop and trail or hard stop at 4190.55-4.25 our biggest bar since the 13 minutes when we entere3d teh trade which was 4.25 ..GET SOME!!

4190.25-4.25=4186.25

boom ruselll dip buy is looking bueano too!! booyah

this site is really slow for updates or editing ..wow
ok lets move that stop !!!

Cutloss 
Midway florida

the example trade is now up 15 dollars on the micros and 150 in the minis at 4191.50 so this threa is about taking loss. I am going to let this run for while i am using a hard stop
taking profit is an entirerly different thread for alter but right now lets just go with trhe flow and let her ride up to say 4196.. lets nto get greedy hoping for that 4200 print and break out

mkt hit a high of 4192.50 in this trade. and the entry was pretty random buying into weakness

no wyou could have taken profits or you could have moved your stop up to above break even a tick for a free ride at this point it is right at 4190.25 with a large down spike to nail all those pesky trailing stops..ha ha ha looks like we might be going higher .. how about that russell long great trade and that was the trade this morning..

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,523
Thanks Received: 26,292

Cutloss View Post
is there a way to post screen shots on this site without an exterior url?

Sure. Drag it onto that big bluish thing over to the left of the edit window. (The one that says "Drag and Drop Attachments," and "Paste Images." Or copy paste it in, or click to open file window. Get it in anyway you can.

It will insert an image url at the text cursor location, and you can move it around if you like.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:
 Cutloss 
Midway florida

hahah hahahah if it was any bigger it would have said.. hey you.. i am so simple you missed me!! ok here we go
ScreenHunter 20406

ScreenHunter 20407

ScreenHunter 20408

ScreenHunter 20409

MNSTrading 
Grand Rapids, Michigan

Experience: None
Trading: Commodities and Russell
Thanks Given: 59
Thanks Received: 336

yes, Russell looks good BUT it got hit real hard yesterday so I'm positioned both ways right now. I have contract long and a short put (that I put on yesterday afternoon). If we get the surge I'm hoping for, will add contracts like the gold example and let the option go to zero. If it falls again I will get stopped out and we take the short side. I think it's a good strategy for the ES, NQ etc. I don't use it as much in commodities.

You could say that yesterday is not today and it is a fair point, but the way I am positioned I dont think it matters so much. Should I give up the put? keep it? wait for consolidation? What would you do?

Coming, they can't be denied. Going, they can't be detained.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Cutloss 
Midway florida

ScreenHunter 20411

current trade as of 10.31 am time is at the bottom live trade. momentujm has slowed somewhat in the nasdaq and the es goign to hold out but looking to take profits here soon if we dont spike towatd 4196 asap!!
sell limit in at 4195.75..get some!!
ScreenHunter 20412

Cutloss 
Midway florida

trades so far today including my algo jsut taking it slow since i am working on this smart stop in real time learning how to post on this forum futures io
ScreenHunter 20413

Cutloss 
Midway florida

ScreenHunter 20414

Cutloss 
Midway florida

still in the trade and i only posted my other stuff for the sake of saying hey.. you dont know me but id o trade and I am not the boogey man out to get you! anyway still long the es.

my top since this is a thread about LOSS and Cutting losses.. is still a hard stop at 4186.25.. I am bout to cut this profit short to move on going to quit while ahead .. moving sell stop to 4194.25

Last Updated on June 9, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts