NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Algorithmic trading in third-party trading platform API, MC+ASP, MC .Net+ASP, NT 8?

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one kevinkdog with 5 posts (7 thanks)
    2. looks_two Lawman with 4 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Blonde with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ShadowFox with 2 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Syntax with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ShadowFox with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 kevinkdog with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Lawman with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 17,081 views
    2. thumb_up 19 thanks given
    3. group 9 followers
    1. forum 19 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Algorithmic trading in third-party trading platform API, MC+ASP, MC .Net+ASP, NT 8?

Lawman 
Cape Town, South Africa

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradestation
Broker: Tradestation
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 6

kevinkdog View Post
Its so easy even I did it!

Of course. Thanks Kevin. I actually remember reading that last week now that you mention it.

I have managed to get myself mixed up with the TradeStation Global offering I’ve also been reading about which links to IB, but uses IB data, especially for forex or CFD trading.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
12 thanks
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,892
Thanks Received: 7,353

Lawman View Post
Of course. Thanks Kevin. I actually remember reading that last week now that you mention it.

I have managed to get myself mixed up with the TradeStation Global offering I’ve also been reading about which links to IB, but uses IB data, especially for forex or CFD trading.

And I believe TS Global does not use the standard TS platform (9.5 or 10.0) either...

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,175
Thanks Received: 6,020

kevinkdog View Post
That is a good approach. My only caveat here is that if you use different data sources for Tradestation and Multicharts testing, you could get WILDLY different results.

Hi @kevinkdog

I am curious to know. Do you mean, the OHLC are different between both Tradestation and Multicharts for the same price action? Can you elaborate? Thanks

Thanked by:
 Lawman 
Cape Town, South Africa

kevinkdog View Post
And I believe TS Global does not use the standard TS platform (9.5 or 10.0) either...

True. NoT sure what is different. Might just be the data?

So, just thinking about the OP question. This may be an option if wanting to trade FX still using TradeStation to enable easy coding and back testing.

Thanked by:
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

trendisyourfriend View Post
Hi @kevinkdog

I am curious to know. Do you mean, the OHLC are different between both Tradestation and Multicharts for the same price action? Can you elaborate? Thanks

If you have 2 different data sources for continuous contracts, chances are they are going to be different, unless the rollover method and dates are exactly the same.

My experience is even though the raw data is exactly the same coming from the exchange, when different data providers create continuous contracts, the end data the user will see will be different from different sources.

Most markets this is a minor issue, if at all. But in ags (meats especially) a difference of one day in rollover results can mean dramatically different end data.

Thanked by:
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Lawman View Post
True. NoT sure what is different. Might just be the data?

So, just thinking about the OP question. This may be an option if wanting to trade FX still using TradeStation to enable easy coding and back testing.

Does TS Global fully support Easy Language and backtest like the 9.5/10.0 platform that traditional Tradestation users have?

Thanked by:
 Lawman 
Cape Town, South Africa

kevinkdog View Post
Does TS Global fully support Easy Language and backtest like the 9.5/10.0 platform that traditional Tradestation users have?

Just read that data may be limited for backtest, and automated trading disabled. So, may not be a good alternative after all.
I’m just keen on testing some forex & CFD strategies, using TradeStation specifically for backtesting. But without a reasonable amount of data it’s a non-starter.

Thanked by:
Blonde
Luxembourg, LU

Thanks Given: 99
Thanks Received: 17

Thanks for the kind contributions you made I reply individually later. But as I added MotiveWave Ultimate (2295USD) +295USD annually to this list, will someone comment on this Algorithmic Trading Application as well? Will this worth purchasing?

For me, I want Multicharts v14 because of Power-language.
For C# development, I can't decide between Multicharts .Net and Ninjatrader-8 as both have their own merits.
For Java development, I go with MotiveWave Ultimate but it has annual costs of +295USD as well as a platform cost of 2295USD? I couldn't decide on this yet?

How about this MotiveWave Ultimate for 2295USD +295USD annual cost worth it or not?

Tnx and best of luck

Blonde
Luxembourg, LU

Thanks Given: 99
Thanks Received: 17

Hiya everyone,

I purchased MC 14 +ASP and I'm trying to learn it. I appreciate it if you have any advice, book, tutorial, add-on about it, you may kindly send it to me or share it in exchange for something from my FX library, please?

Tnx and best of luck

lasvegasbrad
LAS VEGAS NEVADA USA

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 0

I started this whole journey with Trading View. Yes, Syntax is correct, being able to test ideas is key. I went from utter novice, to Pine Code able in 3 months. The back test is so easy on Trading View. You can add in your Pine code "Soft Switches" that allow you to turn blocks of your code on/off and instantly see the long term effect on your profit. Here is a fun recent example: I added this to my RTY algo:
P_switch = input.bool( title = "Stop trading for daily Profit / Loss ?", defval = true )
///// P_switch then directs this block of code to work, or not work:
if P_switch and ( Sessionprofit > Dailygoal )
Profitmet := 1
if P_switch and ( Sessionprofit < -Maxloss )
Lossmet := 1
////// Then those go into the strategy commands:
if Testrange and Tradetime
and not Profitmet and not Lossmet and not Downtrend
and ( ta.crossunder( P1, Longentry )
or ta.crossunder( close, Longentry)
or ta.crossunder( low, Longentry ) )
triggerlong := 1

And triggerlong tells the algo to buy RTY after all these conditions are met. Look how complicated you can make the criteria !

So I was pleasantly surprised when I could SEE that halting the trading on a big down day, or after a winning streak did not make much difference. In fact, if those Dailygoal and Maxloss numbers were too strict, this entire thing made the total long term profit worse.

Now using Trading View to actually place auto trades is a bitch. I am now starting up "Pineconnector" thru MT5 in a VPS. so much trouble. Hope some of you did this already and have some clues.

Last Updated on January 11, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts