NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

EdgeProX from Edge Clear

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 5 posts (7 thanks)
    2. looks_two FuturesTrader71 with 4 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 EdgeClear with 4 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 shortride with 3 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Adolpho911 with 8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two FuturesTrader71 with 5.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ITM Trader with 4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 EdgeClear with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 38,507 views
    2. thumb_up 82 thanks given
    3. group 322 followers
    1. forum 35 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments

Search this Thread

EdgeProX from Edge Clear

FuturesTrader71 

Thanks Given: 174
Thanks Received: 1,513

the edge View Post
Greetings to all!

I watched the webinar and the EdgeProX platform looks like it has potential. It has a clean modern look vs Sierra Chart and it appears to have all the tools pro-traders need like MP, Heat Map and Orderflow.

I currently use NinjaTrader with the IB license, and IQFeed for quotes. With that being said I'm less than satisfied with NinjaTrader as they are very slow to update simple requests that other vendors seem to provide out of the box, so I'm searching for viable alternatives.

I have been a fan of Morad (FT71) going back to his original website FT71, and why I was interested in EdgeProX.

I looked over the EdgeClear website and I have to admit that although the platform looks good, the website appears scattered, and requires digging deep for information which is sparse.

With NinjaTrader all I need is IB to clear my trades, hold my funds, IQF for data and I'm good to go.

It appears with EdgeClear there is a laundry list I have to go through just to get started? My concerns are many.
  • Where are the instructions to connect to IQF?
  • Why is Rithmic better than IQF for this platform? What's the advantage (I'm willing to switch but why is not made clear?) What are the data fees?
  • Who holds the funds? EdgeClear or one of the 3 FCMs? With the FCMs what is the purpose then of EdgeClear?
  • Why do I need to call to decide which FCM I need? The answer should be right there on the website.
  • Is there going to be mentoring like was done at Stage5?
  • What are the basic commissions?
  • Where's the manual for the software?
  • Why do I have to give my phone number to demo the software or get a commission rate? Why is email not good enough? I have found in the past giving out a phone number results in pressure cooker calls to get you to open an account.

The EdgeProX platform looks good it appears modern with a polished look and feel. It looks like basic customization is good.

More information needs to be made available how EdgeClear, EdgeProX, and EdgeWatch integrate.

A need for a more streamlined step by step process for opening an account is needed IMHO.

I'm interested in a demo, but the mandatory need for a phone number for a trial is a deal breaker.

@the edge,

I would like to take personal responsibility for the delayed response. The brokers are usually lightning-fast in their responsiveness. I held up the review of this reply because your questions were very specific and I wanted to make sure we are addressing them completely before releasing it. It has been a very busy trading week. Again, sorry about the delay.

I hope you will join us at Edge Clear.

Best,
FT71

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks

ITM Trader 
Olympia, WA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Interactive Brokers/IQFeed
Trading: YM, CL, Stocks
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 26

Thanks for answering my lengthy post.

Most of my concerns were answered. I did have some last questions.

Since it sounds like you will be tweaking the code for your own purposes will you be taking suggestions for software improvements and implementing them in a timely manner?

There are videos on the website that show how to use the software, but I'm more interested in seeing videos that show the software in action from real trades and how we can use it to gain an edge in the markets. This ties into what I was asking about Morad mentoring. I'm not so much interested in mentoring but rather seeing how Morad and others at EdgeClear use the software real time in the markets.

In the meantime I will test drive the software and share my thoughts.

Plan Your Trade & Trade Your Plan
Thanked by:

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

the edge View Post
In the meantime I will test drive the software and share my thoughts.

Thanks @the edge, please do. I am following along with interest; EPX appears to have everything I need right out of the box. Interested to hear your take on it.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,343
Thanks Received: 26,267

EdgeClear View Post
Please find some answers to your questions below....

I have no comment to make on EdgeClear itself -- I have no personal experience with them and can't comment pro or con.

But I would like to highlight their simple and clear explanations of the basics of how data providers and trade execution/routing firms work, and the difference between introducing brokers and FCM's. I have encountered a lot of confusion among members here on both topics, especially the introducing broker/FCM one, and they are fundamental to understanding how the industry functions and what the players do. Not mentioned here, and I wouldn't expect them to necessarily, is the fact that often you can open an account directly with an FCM without using an introducing broker. You need to assess what the introducing broker is adding to the equation, which may be things like software or customer service. Introducing brokers, like any firms, will attempt to differentiate themselves in the market and you will need to evaluate what they offer. You may find it is a deciding factor, or you may decide to move on -- an individual decision. It depends on what you are looking for.

Again, not a comment pro or con about the firm, but it is worthwhile for people to be clear on these distinctions, and I know many people are not, from the questions we have to field here about them.

And kudos to the firm for answering in a clear and detailed way. It helps traders understand their options in the industry, which improves things for everyone.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
MichaelFlowTrader
Atlanta

Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 120

Do we have to join the brokerage or can we use the platform anywhere?

Thanked by:

EdgeClear   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 78

MichaelFlowTrader View Post
Do we have to join the brokerage or can we use the platform anywhere?

Hi @MichaelFlowTrader,

Thank you for the message. You can test drive EdgeProX without a live Edge Clear account. However, you will need an Edge Clear account if you decide to move forward with the platform.

You can test drive EdgeProX here: https://edgeclear.com/edgeprox/

We look forward to working with you!

Thanks!

Please call us with any questions 773.832.8320 or 844.TRADE20. Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.
pereiraalex
Torres Novas

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 14

EdgeClear View Post
Hi @MichaelFlowTrader,

Thank you for the message. You can test drive EdgeProX without a live Edge Clear account. However, you will need an Edge Clear account if you decide to move forward with the platform.

You can test drive EdgeProX here: https://edgeclear.com/edgeprox/

We look forward to working with you!

Thanks!

Hi.

Congrats on EdgeProX, awesome choice. As context, I like motivewave, and am thinking on buying the lifetime license in the next month.

Is there much difference between motivewave and EdgeProX ? Do you mind if I take a 14 demo account and test it, before I buy the motivewave license?

Thanked by:

EdgeClear   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 78

pereiraalex View Post
Hi.

Congrats on EdgeProX, awesome choice. As context, I like motivewave, and am thinking on buying the lifetime license in the next month.

Is there much difference between motivewave and EdgeProX ? Do you mind if I take a 14 demo account and test it, before I buy the motivewave license?

Hey @pereiraalex,

Thank you! We are very excited about the solution as well.

Absolutely! We encourage everyone to sign up for a 14 day trial. Instead of going out and reinventing the wheel, we have chosen to build EPX on a solid engine and are more focused on building and customizing it to accommodate the serious active trader and professional. This allows us to bring key features to you as a user much more quickly and let others maintain the engine for us. Before launch, we spent many months customizing and adding custom features into the software.

Please let us know once you sign up. We would love to work with you and make sure you are able to fully test the platform.

Thanks!

Please call us with any questions 773.832.8320 or 844.TRADE20. Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

Adolpho911 
Amsterdam + Netherland

Platform: EdgeProX!!
Broker: Edgeclear and Rithmic. (Nordnet 1 year more for Norwegian stocks)
Trading: ES, NQ, GC, CL (Maybe Dax if I bother to get euro data, probably dont need more.) futures only
Thanks Given: 108
Thanks Received: 27

I will try to be precise about my experience with Edgeclear as a broker (Customer for more than a year (13-14 months), and user of EdgeproX for 2-3 months.

First of all, I have never had such good customer service from any broker I have had since I started trading 12 yrs ago (total, just passive investor some years, but I have always at least have 1 broker, often more. I assume I have had 2 brokers for stocks in Norway and at least 3 IBs and 1 that I think was both holding money and you could trade (International Brokers) and Tradestation Global (Tradestations ugly little stepchild (Kinda old Tradestation, however, you cant use easy language and cant trade anything but futures (I only trade futures, just trying to explain how disappointed I was when I figured it was far from TS),
I also used ProRealTime as IB to IB... They were decent in customer service and their platform was OK+ for my needs. They also had their own data stream
(which costs, but you got a lot of Bonus E when trading, so all you want of data and streaming will probably be available for you for "free",)
however, commission and fees is 6?€ round turn for ES I think and then you got 1 bonus E. But you will with some activity end up paying probably more than many cheaper brokers. You could also use IBs TWS to trade some options and such, for also average prices.

I am as said very satisfied with Edgeclear as a brokerage. They are reasonable (I pay 4.30 pr roundtrip on ES and NQ, a bit more in Gold and maybe Oil (GC-CL) I think closer to 5 (but under) on those. I know you can be a part of a collective, but I had a break so I don't know how/if that still works. However, I am told that if I have volum like I used to have (I hope less tho, as try to swing more!) but I know if I start to get a decent volum, I either will be matched and get it cheaper (or maybe I already am) or Ian said they would help me rent a seat (or something simmilar) if volum gets so big that maybe Tradovate is better priced. Important regarding the difference in Tradovate commission regard to my now pretty low volume. As said I been told if I getting close to these volumes, Edgeclear and Ian said they most likely give atleast prices which would be good enough to at least compete (ofcourse we have not negotiated a hypothetical deal which may or may not occur.

(I hope ofcourse, even if not doing more trades, I will be able to continue with my "new found" constency, and then add more size in the trades I do. But as said, I have been here before but usually a few weeks. Now it's been a pretty nice winning side (also when adding all trades since April (which were a loosing month, I now have positive expectation!!! (when editing I wanted to add some improvements in trading. It also shows how easy I get distracted when explaining a problem with Customer service and Ian on Edgeclear via email. I will repeat that they (Ian) have been extraordinary patienced with my questions!! (I hope I have improved some too, but as is clearly in this review, that I write more than an essay than a lisr of questions...)

Back to compare prices with Tradovate and the contract you basically make. (Which is obviously understandable, as I bet part of their income is from people paying for a year and stop trading for one reason or another (I think they have a very low margin aswell, which imo is kinda irresponsible
(I think I saw ES margin was down in 500$...(not 100 % sure since it was some stars beside, probably a minimum deposit...)
You need to pay all fees and need trade for about 200$ (or probably more since no commission fees there are more than I pay in fees) in pure commissions every month (fees are the biggest part you pay, atleast at Edgeclear) , for a year for it to start paying off when compared what I pay now. You will need to pay up front tho, so if you take a month off for some reason, you still need to do the same amount of trading. I am not a big fan of such long term commitions, atleast until I know I have atleast a half years time before thinking about doing the math on that.
(just mention it as that offer which binds you for a year, no matter if you trade or not. I think they maybe is only broker that MAY compete on price (atleast on futere trade brokers I have access from EU) .

I assume I usually am between 10 rt per day or more, this is probably ca 2 dollar in commissions. I need to see how my volum develops. I am pretty sure I need to be much more active (which really is easy, but I like to get a real setup I have an eedge,in later tmonthst htan the more random trades I have been doing (and always exit at a very small win and got some major losses. But not so much profit!

So I can only repeat myself, cheap regarding commissions, awesome customer service (I may have waited a day two times, but way out in my communication where I really had got the help I wanted (but then I wanted to know more or find out something I really don't need to know. I am not curious when I know everything. But until then... And I work hard, also on stuff, I don't need to know! Ian is mentioned before in the thread. Awesome guy that helps me as soon as he can, and even when he cant heh. And if you read this far, I bet you understand that my questions and explanation are not very short and easy to read. (I usually repeat all questions in bullet points after writing a page or so about everything related and unrelated to the topic I need help with. I am very impressed with the patience the brokerage has had with me! Thanks, Ian!

When it comes to EdgeproX, I am pretty sure it is the best and most complete platform I ever had. Also one of the cheaper (PRT was "free" but I paid 2€ more than I pay $ in every roundtrip, which made it not free at all, I bet you never run out of bonus money however as many feeds and stuff you need (had to pay for a limited TPO among other stuff.)
EdgeproX has more functions than I will ever use. I have a heatmap, maybe not as many functions as bookmap, I am pretty sure it will come after tho. You also have a lot of functions I missed in bookmap like getting a moving average and whatever studies you want on it. That is so awesome on all functions. You can put in studies in all stuff. And you can adjust which timeframe you want on your studies. Like Emas on 5 min charts, I have both 5 mins (of course) daily and whatever I want. This is a feature I have tried to get on every platform I have had, but this is the first where I can even bring in an ema from another symbol if I would. Or set alarms on X es or similar on studies I don't even have on my charts. Charts are very versatile, you have the main window/the HUB or whatever. here you can have as many fans with stuff you need. Limit is your hardware. You have heatmap, footprints Tpos, account pages, and either predefined chart with every setup you can think of, or if you can, you have floating windows where you decide since and placement at your own will. You can pop out single charts as well. So I have 3 screens, 4 charts on one to right (loose, but you can tile them up if you don't bother to be so precise yourself. No influence from other charts), In mid-screen I have the main hub with mainly ES and NQ split in one window. Here I also have other fans like TPO chart (with my own fans for different instruments) Heatmap with NQ and ES, an account page, and 3 different timeframes on my main charts. (Lot of stuff I don't use, but others would like as Footprints which even I understood and a lot of other options, A lot of nice studies I never understood why haven't been on other platforms and as said very versatile. Last screen I have 2 Charts splitting screen, CL and GC.

Lots of things which people probably will use and some don't. Like Harmonics with drawings and projections, I actually learned about Gartleys and Butterflies just fiddle on my charts. (You also have a Fibonacci fan (in addition to the usual extension, retracements, and expansions. Also Gann and stuff I have not come through or something I probably won't either. But if I want to, I can't think of anything I have not been able to do with this platform.

And as mentioned before, Cheaper than the original product (and will probably just be better than it as well), as claimed here before, and I am pretty sure, cheapest price for Rithmic data (I think more expensive from Rithmic alone...(90% sure I have that from somewhere and as said, I gather knowledge about everything I don't need to know, so probably right!)

Ok, I think this will do. I hope it isn't late and people still check out this thread.

I write this because I like to give people advice if I think a product is good. Not for anything else than to spread the word about stuff I think is good. (And if not I usually write or call or quit with a vengeance if I get any bad stuff (like Tradestations ugly stepchild, Global..). This is as said the best platform I ever have used and I think it is better than the 4 times more expensive crap you must pay like the whole EdgeproX fee for extra to trade from the chart (the best platform you get in Norway..),

So bullet points
- Cheap fees
- Great customer service
-The best platform I ever used (I never used other popular ones like sierra or ninja, however, I tried to use Irt awhile, which I probably never would manage to do anything on if not for templates available from FT71 at the time. That I messed up each time I tried to figure something out. EdgeproX has a very fast learning curve, when I manage to do what I want, everyone should be able to!!

(I am not so curious when using hour on hour trying to figure out stuff which already should have been clear!! I have of course used some hours on EPX too, but mostly because I figure out new stuff and suddenly it was in the middle of the night and stuff like that. Which reminds me, I need to get my first vaccine shot tomorrow and that is only some hours away. )

I hope this can be useful for someone!

I Tried to edit it with more info, and also make it better structured. However now my phone starts act up...
EdgeproX

Adolpho911
"Faith does not always let you fix the tuition fee; she delivers the educational wallop and sets her own bill" Jesse Livermore
"I am not curious when I know everything" Adolpho911

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

Thank you @Adolpho911 for the review of EPX. I've been looking at it closely for some time and will likely try out their 14 day demo in a week or so.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 16, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts