NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MrMojoRisin's Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one MrMojoRisin with 348 posts (154 thanks)
    2. looks_two Sandpaddict with 11 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 11 posts (17 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rezak with 6 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two chalil with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Sandpaddict with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 MrMojoRisin with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 51,881 views
    2. thumb_up 190 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 390 posts
    2. attach_file 811 attachments

Search this Thread

MrMojoRisin's Journal

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: YC, YW, YK
Thanks Given: 91
Thanks Received: 244

Wednesday June 2nd

MES

Trade #95

Big pic

In hindsight I shouldn't have taken the trade yesterday and waited for this one. Bottomed more out. Yesterday was mainly fomo.
Stop was the same weird situation as in trade #87. Back then it was the right decision, today I'd have been better off not starting moving my stop like if I had entered fresh after the huge pullback.
Would have saved the second loss and made this gain slightly bigger, but in the end it likely doesn't matter how I handle those situations, so I stick with this "fresh entry method"

Moved stop twice
Win: +5.00P / +20 Ticks

Trade #96

Big pic

Criteria still given. Totally legit loss. Did one instant dump while in the trade, but actually also had an "instant pump" this time. I do think this had the chance to develop into a good trend and was kinda on the edge, but a little bit of steam was just missing.

Moved stop once
Loss: -2.50P / -10 Ticks

Prom-Queens

5 ones are still running. Moved stop in trade #12 today and moved yesterday also in #5 & #10.
Some of the remaining ones did quite a bit of spiking and gapping up, but not yet a possibility to move the stops in a way to secure any large junks.
Kinda hate-love situation. Curious how they work out, but I'm not fully comfortable with them, especially when I think of the sums of money I'd have to have in the market if trading them seriously.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Thursday June 3rd

MES

Trade #97

Big pic

Entered in the midst of a "runaway spike". I feel like those scenarious work pretty well, even though it seems like foolishly chasing a spike.
Moved stop once
Win: +4.00P / +16 Ticks

Trade #98

Big pic

Maybe to avoid. This looks pretty much the same like the previous consolidating pullback on the big pic looked like, before the spike started out of nowhere.
So this could be trying to force this past move on the market, which considerably lowers the odds.
I was aware of that, but since not sure about this theory I rather took the trade than missing a potential win.

Was upset after this loss. Likely because the first trade took away half of the paper gains and stopped me out and this one took the rest.
But that's trading.

Loss: -4.00P / -16 Ticks

Prom-Queens

Moved stop in Trade #10 & #6

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Friday June 4th

MES

Trade #99

Big pic

Entered in premarket, because the opportunity looked good. But this was an hour before the release of non-farm-payroll-numbers. Would have exited before the release anyways and if they brought no crazy volatility re-entered. Bit of an experimental thought of how to not let my trading get disturbed by news-numbers. But got stopped out before the release anyways.
Maybe low odds, because most people already stayed out at this time of the market, even though I'm not sure if this makes sense.

Loss: -3.25P / -13 Ticks

Trade #100

Big pic

Very important trade for re-gaining confidence. Previous 9 trades were basically just small gain, giving back and so forth. Even though it climbed very slow, it climbed steady. Watched it like a hawk and just waited for an instant dump out of nowhere, but the hammer didn't smack it back down this time.
Pulled my stop closer as we approached cash-close and then exited market into a spike that happened at the exact right time. Unfortunately did a fat-finger-mistake and re-entered accidentally, but kept my cool, looked calm what has happened and exited again.

Moved stop 11 times
Win: +23.50P / +94 Ticks

Prom-Queens

Moved stop in #12

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Thoughts on the week

Such things as trade #94, I should try to avoid. Even though they may spike back up at times, it's just not worth the trade. I knew that, if I were honest, but let myself get caught by fomo.

Re-entries such as trade #98 are not the worst, but if looked at it closely, it was at this point already more sideways than still having a direction, so if I notice that the next time, I should consider staying out.
On the flipside, trade #97 was totally legit to enter into that spike. It has direction, it has steam behind it, so there's no need to be scared. The market couldn't make it more clear to me into what direction it is heading!

The nice thing is, the market seems to be very forgiving for entering into mediocre stuff, if I just behave correctly when in a trade. Over the long run I really will make money if I just keep going. Maybe the long-run expands and contracts at times, but that's what markets do. You can be in Real Estate, sell cars, manufacture whatever materials or goods, there's cycles and uncertainty in every market and business and that's what it makes it so exciting and challenging.

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Monday June 7th

MES

Trade #101

Big pic

Speculated for continuation of the Friday trend, but died off. Very, very slow today!

Loss: -3.75P / -15 Ticks

Prom Queens

Moved stop in #12 for the third time and #6 for the 5th time. #5 and #6 are now running for almost 3 weeks. They climb slow and steady, but for now I think I'm still not green overall. Stops are very far away all the time, which is good and bad at the same time.

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Tuesday June 8th

MES

Trade #102

Big pic

Regular loss. Later that day occured kind of a trade #94 situation where I didn't take the trade which saved me a loss. After that it dropped another leg lower, from which it then did such a re-bounce back up I looked for in trade #94. So maybe that second leg could be crucial in this case.

Prom Queens

Moved stop again in #12

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Wednesday June 9th

MES

Trade #103

Big pic

Legit loss. Maybe a bit sideways, but I also probably say that in hindsight, because it didn't work out.
At least I could move my stop once

Loss: -2.00P / -8 Ticks

Trade #104

Big pic

2021-06-09 (5)

Loss: -3.50P / -14 Ticks

Re-entry. Authorized myself to do as much as 2 re-entries if the big pic is still legit. It was going sideways at this point, but suddenly price-action became really fast and I thought it might could start to blast upwards, so I took a chance on it. Got stopped out within not even a minute. Not entirely wrong this trade, but there was an emotional element to it, and especially after I got stopped out, I got thrown into a bad state.
Started to browse through threads if the ES is done now, what is wrong with this market?! Do I have to adapt? Why is somebody else making big bank, while I'm just getting bread crumbs here and there?

My conclusion after I calmed down: There are 1000 possible answers why it's just going sideways most of the time recently, and I should NOT CARE! It makes no difference for me. Markets go sideways sometimes, that's just what they do!
And for god's sake I should not try to adapt! The very moment I'm "adapting", the market will blow out one trend after the next and I'll probably be not in one of them and keep sitting on previous losses.
And since I'm in this for the long haul, there will come a time when those breadcrumbs will turn into whole bakeries, but it takes time and rushing something would be a fatal mistake.

If a competing steamship-line came up, trying to steal him away his business, Cornelius Vanderbilt used to cut down his fares so low, that his line ran on a loss. But since he knew his wallet is deeper than his competitors, he managed to bleed them out and then he could rise his fares again. That's what thinking for the long run means, and there's definitely something to learn for trading out of this.

Prom-Queens

Moved stop again in #12. More on the tighter side, but I feel like that's the better option here.

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Thursday June 10th

MES

Trade #105

That's what I'm talking about. They come around. I just have to have trust in the market.

Big pic

Moved stop 3 times
Win: +16.25P / +65 Ticks

An hour in this trade and the market gave me back 4 losses and some on top.

After my exit it tanked quickly and then did such a type of bounce back up I tried to trade in trade #94. But no way for me to play games at this point. It's way more difficult to do a trade on the same day after a winner than after a loss. Also I think this type of trade is a bit of a different animal than the usual trade where my intention is to have a clear uptrend on the big pic.

What I'm also observing is, that it could be that it's more important that it moves clear into a direction and makes range, than the exact higher highs and higher lows which indicates to me "now it is in an uptrend"

Prom Queens

Moved stop in #5 for the 4th time today. Did a large gap-up which it can hopefully hold.

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Friday June 11th

MES

No trade today. Had an order in a couple times, but always turned south before it got reached and after the cash open it basically went asleep. Volume divided between the old and new contract and the market generally felt uncommon and not welcoming at all. But the longer the market stays in this hardly giving away anything-mode, the more I think better times are just around the corner.

Overall still satisfied with this week and the positive thing is, that those meager times makes one more frustration-resistant and lowers the outcome-dependency.

Prom Queens

Moved stop in #5. Gapped up again today and still appears strong

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Monday June 14th

MES

Trade #106

Big pic

Haven't had that for a long time, but got pretty aggressive after this loss and got mad at the market. Actually I'm still mad, because this endless no-range, doing nothing-behaviour starts to really piss me off. That's a bad sign, but at least I'm aware of it.
Also major doubts arise, if what I'm doing can really work over the long run, which also makes me angry! Read "When Genius Failed" and that book also made me angry! Just pissed off today!

Loss: -3.50P / -14 Ticks

Prom Queens

Exit Trade #6

60 min

10 min

Moved stop 5 times
Duration almost 4 weeks
Win: +1.43R

Exit Trade #12

This was the re-entry of Trade #1

60 min

10 min

Moved stop 5 times
Duration about 3 weeks
Win: +2.79R

Just with the closed trades about 3R in the red for now, but looks like I'll likely go green out of the experiment. But I still doubt that it's worth it having to have all equity+leverage in positions that could correlate and crush me if shit hits the fan. The only positive thing is, that they are psychologically pretty well to handle and they give me a bit of a Big-Boy feel.

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Tuesday June 15th

MES

Trade #107

Big pic

Loss: -3.25P / -13 Ticks

Trade #108

Big pic

Unnecessary loss! Economic calendar showed me the wrong time for the Retail Sales numbers. Should double check that the next time with a more reliable site and also generally make it a habit to observe the orderbook around 14:30

Prom Queens

Exit Trade #11

This was a re-entry from trade #8

60 min

10 min

Moved pretty unfortunate so that I couldn't move my stop, even though it was quite a bit in the green for a while

Loss: -1.0R

Last Updated on June 15, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts