NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MrMojoRisin's Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one MrMojoRisin with 348 posts (154 thanks)
    2. looks_two Sandpaddict with 11 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 11 posts (17 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rezak with 6 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two chalil with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Sandpaddict with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 MrMojoRisin with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 52,611 views
    2. thumb_up 190 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 390 posts
    2. attach_file 811 attachments

Search this Thread

MrMojoRisin's Journal

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: YC, YW, YK
Thanks Given: 91
Thanks Received: 244

Tuesday August 31st

Watched chapter 11, part 4 & 5

Random thoughts on today's MES:

10min

This is copied out of a webinar, but I think it should be okay to post it here.
That's one of the most important things I have to remind myself constantly. It's an average profit/loss distribution.
Most of the trades are a zero-sum game. That's a fact and at least for the type of method I'm trying to trade, there's no way around this.
My goal is to be in the trade when it turns out to be a runner, but the vast majority just won't be one.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
43 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Wednesday September 1st

Watched webinar chapter 11 part 6. This was actually the last one and contained a pretty solid blueprint for a strategy.
Also finished reading chapter 11 in the book.

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Thursday September 2nd

Moved stop in HRB.
Finished reading chapter 12 in the book and worked on my tradingplan.
Below is an excerpt of it.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: trading plan excerpt.pdf

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Friday September 3rd

This is what my big picture trend on the M60 chart looks like. It is my leading trend.

We're in the upper half of the progression now. I expect it to run to about 4600, which is the lower half of the progression projected into the future. Until that point I intend to trade every long signal I get on the M10 chart. But for now I'm in the first testphase, to figure out ambiguities and things I haven't thought about for my new method, so it's not too strict until I start the second testphase which will be 50 trades where every signal has to be traded according to my plan, no matter what.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trade #1

10min

Entered right before unemplyment numbers. I did that on purpose, because for now my plan is to ignore most of the numbers coming out, except the really big numbers like Fed Interest Rate or the like.
Entry signal was a reversal bar. Doesn't look like one, because it opened at its low, but per definition it is one, so I took it.
Got stopped out pretty quick with the big numbers-candle.

Loss: -3.75P

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trade #2

10min

This was an unnecessary loss. I wasn't sure if the big outside-bar produced by the numbers is to be considered for how I move my stop. I took it into consideration, which was a mistake. An outside bar counts as one only AFTER I've entered. So this would have been about break-even.

Loss: -8.75P

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trade #3

10min

Had to put my stop back two times because of inside bars, which saved me from getting stopped out unnecessary early.

Win: +7.50P
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trade #4

10min

Pretty tight mess here. Entered on a two-candle-reversal. Didn't really want to, but I have to take the signals if I want to or not.

Loss: -2.75P
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Felt a bit discouragement after the second loss, but I have a way easier time re-entering and just taking signals than with my old methodology.
It's way smoother knowing that only every 10min there could be taking action necessary, than being stressed out by my 100 Trades chart that gets out of control in fast market phases.

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Monday September 6th

Pretty blunderous day. But since I'm still in testphase, it's okay because that's for what the testphase is.
Actually i thought the market is closed today and then got caught by surprise as it closed at 12 o'clock.

Trade #5

10min

Will not take that as a two-candle-reversal entry signal in the future, but since I hadn't yet defined such a case exactly I semi-consciously took it.

Loss: -1.00P

Trade #6

Went for a run and basically had finished trading for the day. As I was back and took a look at the market and saw that reversal bar I just jumped in without even thinking.
Then I realized that a) It has only 8 ticks range and my minimum for considering it significant is 9 ticks and b) suddenly the market closed and my rule for holding positions overnight is, that the stop has to be at least b/e and so unfortunately I'm forced to break that rule.
Good thing is, these blunders don't really bother me today. Just write them down in my tradingplan and try to avoid the next time.

10min just entry

Exit

Fortunately stopped out over night with no problems.

Loss: -2.50P

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,464
Thanks Received: 26,278

MrMojoRisin View Post
Actually i thought the market is closed today and then got caught by surprise as it closed at 12 o'clock.

The CME usually has partial-day trading on US holidays when you would expect markets to be closed all day. If you're going to trade those days, make sure you have checked the trading hours on the CME website.

I would suggest taking those days off, however. If you're trading a US index contract like ES or MES, the actual S&P stocks are not being traded because the NY exchange is closed; also, most US traders and investors will have the day off and won't be in it. So you're going to be trading in a thin market without all the usual participants, and how it acts will be anyone's guess -- but generally, slow and boring without much going on.

Probably not worth it.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

bobwest View Post
The CME usually has partial-day trading on US holidays when you would expect markets to be closed all day. If you're going to trade those days, make sure you have checked the trading hours on the CME website.

I would suggest taking those days off, however. If you're trading a US index contract like ES or MES, the actual S&P stocks are not being traded because the NY exchange is closed; also, most US traders and investors will have the day off and won't be in it. So you're going to be trading in a thin market without all the usual participants, and how it acts will be anyone's guess -- but generally, slow and boring without much going on.

Probably not worth it.

Bob.

I looked on the CME Excel-Sheet. There it seemed to me, that the market is completely closed for Monday, but maybe I confused something with the time-zones. Probably the better idea to stay out completely on the holidays and resist the itch in the mouse-finger.

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,464
Thanks Received: 26,278

MrMojoRisin View Post
Probably the better idea to stay out completely on the holidays and resist the itch in the mouse-finger.

Yes.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Tuesday September 7th

Trade #7

Entered on unquestionable solid reversal-bar.
Nothing wrong with this trade.

Loss: -4.00P

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Trade #8

Entered after a still valid two-candle-reversal which would have been a doji. Took three more candles to get the entry.

Loss: -1.00P

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Trade #9

Solid wider span reversal bar

Loss: -5.50P

Trade #10

Got a pretty wide span two-candle-reversal and then in that another reversal bar was built. traded it based on the first signal but gotta think about a rigid rule for these cases.

Win: +2.00P

Trade #11

Perfect formed reversal bar as entry signal.
Can't deny a bit of frustration, but this was the first full day. I have to stay patient and look what the rest of the week will bring me.

Loss: -4.75P

Prom Queens

Exit Trade #36 / AQUA

This is the only big winner out of the about 40 Trades from the second prom queen trade series.
A last one is remaining, but I think it is very unlikely to bring back the losses that got produced by all the other ones.

60min

Moved stop 5 times
Starting date was July 20th

Win: +1.7P

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Wednesday September 8th Part 1

Doubt starts to arise. Not really about my entry and stop technique, but if I'm going long in a downtrend. I actually know that the 10min trend is going down, but from my understanding since the 60min trend is going upwards, I'm obligated to trade long signals on the 10min.

Current 60min big-picture trend

Trade #12

Perfect reversal bar and turned out to work out very well.

Win: +14.25P

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Trade #13

Reversal bar and stopped out immediately

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Trade #14

The candle that stopped me out also turned into a reversal bar and I re-entered without hesitation.

Trade #15

Entered on wide-span reversal bar right after cash-open

Win: +0.50P

Trade #16

Entered on enormously wide-span two-candle-reversal. I hated to enter here, but I stick blindly to my plan.

Loss: -10.00P

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Pretty exhausted at the moment and a bit of doubt and confusion setting in

Last Updated on June 15, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts