NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MrMojoRisin's Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one MrMojoRisin with 348 posts (154 thanks)
    2. looks_two Sandpaddict with 11 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 11 posts (17 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rezak with 6 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two chalil with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Sandpaddict with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 MrMojoRisin with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 51,813 views
    2. thumb_up 190 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 390 posts
    2. attach_file 811 attachments

Search this Thread

MrMojoRisin's Journal

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: YC, YW, YK
Thanks Given: 91
Thanks Received: 244

Welcome to my journal fellow trader!

I feel like it's time for a new introduction site, because a lot has changed in my approach to the markets since I started this journal.

Plan is to look at my results from a quarterly perspective and also from an "Own Account" and "Mixed Account" perspective.

Own Account includes:
  • Mini-Corn
  • Mini-Wheat
  • Mini-Soybeans

Mixed Account adds:
  • Live-Cattle
  • Canola
  • Sugar

The own account is real money and the mixed account is only simulated and phases the next three possible markets in.

For now the %-ages are in the Own-Account calculated from $ 10,000 and in the Mixed-Account from $ 20,000.
I know there are more professional ways to track the results, but for now this should be satisfactory.

Own Account

Year to Quarter

Quarter 1 / 2023

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Monday evening

Was away for a while, which probably saved me from a losing trade. Maybe over time even the missed wins and losses compensate themselves.

Trade #31
MES Standard 100Tr Trend Long
Was the break from the last downtrend high and a fresh P2 at the same time. I consider the trend as reversed at this point, which worked out here.

Big Picture 1000Tr

Executed on 100Tr

Win: +2.25points / 9 Ticks

Overall nice trade and flawless executed. They can't all go to the moon. But nevertheless still that "would have preferred more" feeling... Also pretty nervous throughout the trade, way more than in the morning.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-12 (7).png
Views:	388
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	311455   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-12 (8).png
Views:	321
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	311456  
Thanked by:

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

April 8th Thursday Evening till Friday Morning

Was mentally already in a very bad state and tired when I opened that one. Also started to doubt my methodology again and thought of "trying maybe other setups on the side". Left the computer for about an hour because I just couldn't watch it. Finally became so tired that I had to go to sleep. I wrote down that I'm exiting immediately when I wake up if I would have been stopped out already. Broke that rule to "give it a bit more room" and finally got out in a downward 1-2-3 for about 2 points less.
Totally wrecked me and had to shut down the charts.

Trade #29

Break of a small and a bit larger P2. Got some clear movement right at the break

Win: +6.75points / 27 Ticks

April 8th morning

Switched on the computer and saw that the B/O I waited for happened overnight. Felt bad. Looked at MNQ saw a "supergood" trend there which made me feel even worse and wasn't sure if I dropped into a low rational fomo-state or if I'm still able to think clear.
Entered into a dip into the open signal and put my stop where it would have been if I entered correctly. Got executed into a for my taste to steep dump and hit my stop without much hesitation. Also initial risk on higher side. Not really sure if that trade was legit or to avoid

Trade #28
MES "Special Case" Entry into dip via Limit order

Loss: -4.25 points / 17 Ticks

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2021-04-12 (9).png
Views:	285
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	311458   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-12 (10).png
Views:	255
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	311459   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-12 (11).png
Views:	260
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	311460  
Thanked by:

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Tuesday April 13th

Trade #32

Entry without hesitation, even though the dump and spike before the entry appeared to be a bit too quick.
Moved Stop once. Exit was tough. Aggression and feeling like a fuckin loser. Probably harder feelings, because it made a really nice spike to the ATH and in my mind I saw that thing already running way further.
If I get a signal I'll re-enter, despite the voice in the back of my head saying: "It likely won't go higher, it has too run out of steam soon"

Loss: -3.25P / -13 Ticks
2021-04-13 (3)

2021-04-13 (4)

Edit: This thing is dumping severly now. Likely no long today anymore

Trade #33
M2K Short

Aviodable DUMB loss. Looked on the calender in the morning and saw that there are Inflation numbers today and totally forgot about it. Executed me with tons of slippage and a moment later stopped me out.
Rationality on a critical point by now.
The positive thing though is to say, that these things today ran way further after stopping me out. That makes the losses a bit more bearable.

Loss: -3.2P / -32 Ticks

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2021-04-13 (7).png
Views:	242
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	311495   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-13 (6).png
Views:	228
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	311496  
Thanked by:

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader, MT4
Broker: IB, Global Prime
Trading: Futures CFDs
Thanks Given: 975
Thanks Received: 637

Im not sure how comforting it is but I really appreciate your commentary.

There is no question. You cannot trade without emotion. You can have confidence in yourself and your system. You can OVERIDE the decisions that your emotions signal but you cant get rid of them.

The funny thing is the more consistent I get the less those feeling drive me to do stupid things.

Are they there?... abso-friggin-lutely! But they are far more muted as I try not to let any one loss upset me. And why is that helpful? Cause I won't panic and sell/buy at the exact wrong time.

Look back at all your losses. Look forward and see how many times you could have at the very least broke even on that trade had you held?

This doesn't mean changing or not taking stops it just means you'll see you/me/all of us have trades where emotionals got the best of us and patience and a clear head normally would have gotten us out at alot better financially and EMOTIONALLY place.

This just happened to me as im writing this. The MES dropped way down passed my entry. Way! I use to panic and get out there. Or worse. Reverse. I have a stupid wide stop for emergencies but dont let that get hit. It is now in my direction almost two points. If I'd panicked Id be down DOUBLE!

This trade might not workout. But Im working on becoming a better emotional trader over everything else.

Keep it up and good luck!

(P.S. just hit my 12 tick target)

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Still Tuesday April 13th

Trade #34

M2K Standard Trend Short

Theory "Is still in a downtrend on the Big Picture" appeared to be correct here.
Very glad I took this trade and important for gaining trust.
Was already in a pretty insecure state and another loss would have quite sure (unfortunately) ruined my day.
Executed nicely, but tended a bit to think about following to closely with my stop and had one a bit unclear stop-situation.

Big Picture
2021-04-13 (13)

Execution

2021-04-13 (11)

2021-04-13 (12)

Moved stop 5 times
Win: +22.2P / +222Ticks

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

Beautiful trade!
MrMojoRisin View Post
Still Tuesday April 13th

Trade #34

M2K Standard Trend Short

Theory "Is still in a downtrend on the Big Picture" appeared to be correct here.
Very glad I took this trade and important for gaining trust.
Was already in a pretty insecure state and another loss would have quite sure (unfortunately) ruined my day.
Executed nicely, but tended a bit to think about following to closely with my stop and had one a bit unclear stop-situation.

Big Picture
2021-04-13 (13)

Execution

2021-04-13 (11)

2021-04-13 (12)

Moved stop 5 times
Win: +22.2P / +222Ticks

Sent using the nexusfi.com mobile app

Thanked by:

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Sandpaddict View Post
Im not sure how comforting it is but I really appreciate your commentary.

There is no question. You cannot trade without emotion. You can have confidence in yourself and your system. You can OVERIDE the decisions that your emotions signal but you cant get rid of them.

The funny thing is the more consistent I get the less those feeling drive me to do stupid things.

Are they there?... abso-friggin-lutely! But they are far more muted as I try not to let any one loss upset me. And why is that helpful? Cause I won't panic and sell/buy at the exact wrong time.

Look back at all your losses. Look forward and see how many times you could have at the very least broke even on that trade had you held?

This doesn't mean changing or not taking stops it just means you'll see you/me/all of us have trades where emotionals got the best of us and patience and a clear head normally would have gotten us out at alot better financially and EMOTIONALLY place.

This just happened to me as im writing this. The MES dropped way down passed my entry. Way! I use to panic and get out there. Or worse. Reverse. I have a stupid wide stop for emergencies but dont let that get hit. It is now in my direction almost two points. If I'd panicked Id be down DOUBLE!

This trade might not workout. But Im working on becoming a better emotional trader over everything else.

Keep it up and good luck!

(P.S. just hit my 12 tick target)

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

My biggest problem is not so much breaking my rules when in a trade or revenge trading, but after a few losses being scared of taking the next trade, and also trusting my perception of the chart in which direction the trend is going.
Depends on my overall mental state on the day, sometimes I really don't care about a loss, and sometimes I feel like the last POS after just a small loss, even if I know on a logical basis that it's likely just a normal losing trade and the bigger mistake even is trying to avoid those losses.
So by trying to be aware of my emotions and kinda tracking them, I hope to finally come more at peace with them.

Thanked by:

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

MrMojoRisin View Post
My biggest problem is not so much breaking my rules when in a trade or revenge trading, but after a few losses being scared of taking the next trade, and also trusting my perception of the chart in which direction the trend is going.
Depends on my overall mental state on the day, sometimes I really don't care about a loss, and sometimes I feel like the last POS after just a small loss, even if I know on a logical basis that it's likely just a normal losing trade and the bigger mistake even is trying to avoid those losses.
So by trying to be aware of my emotions and kinda tracking them, I hope to finally come more at peace with them.

Ya kinda goes to what I was saying. Its a mental game. You could pick the trend right at the moment and with good momentum or buy in a perfect pullback pocket in an uptrend and a certain amount will still fail. Its just probabilities.

At that point you must go OK. That sucked but thats the game. Going in I knew there was ALWAYS a possiblity of a loss. Next.

Now I seem to a have no affinity to money as in the past I'd drop $2500 lose in a week. Wait a week or two put $1000. Blow it. Wait a week or two put $1500 in. Blow it.

But it WAS NEVER the money that upset me as much as my INABILITY TO GET IT! To realize what I didn't know. The thing that successful traders all seem to have even though all there strategies were different that I was missing.

Well no system or strategy worked until I realized I WAS THE SYSTEM. I WAS THE STRATEGY!

Give a hundred people a system and over time you'll have 100 different results.

Also nows a good time to study poition sizing as if theres any real secret to this game. Thats it!

I'm a breakeven trader after 6 years. (I don't have to add to my account anymore but I can't pull chunks of money out yet) tried too much before settling on futures exclusively. So take what I say as just some guy on a forum but the mental side is the ONLY side thats all im really saying.

Thanked by:

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Wednesday April 14th

Trade #35

MES Standard Long

Switched on computer in the morning and had planned to first go over the previous day's trades. I recall yesterday in the evening seeing the MES making a good move, but I was already mentally very drained and could not stand it giving back again from my M2K gain. I thought "Tomorrow is another day". So I turned on the computer and saw that opportunity, which I'm not quite sure if it was that good or if it was more of a hurry/regret of missing yesterday's move action.
The 1-2-3 on the big picture consists only out of three bars, which could be a sign speaking against the trade. --> Trade #32 was also similar in that regard, which was also a loss
2021-04-14

2021-04-14 (2)

Loss: -3.25P / -13 Ticks

Trade #36

MES Standard Long

It sucks, but it's just a fuckin trade! Again doubt is rising if I should take the next trade since this bitch is always making 1 or 2 Tick new highs and then craps away. Also qustion is, if my stop is too tight for consitions today.

Loss: -3.0P / -12 Ticks

Trade #37

MES Standard Long

Already in a scared state. Big picture Uptrend was broken shortly but then build up again and to what I consider intact. Entered into small trend and speculated for a P2 break also in the bigger trend. The third loser in a row, which hurts, but I think this was nevertheless the right decision to take this trade and refusing to would be an error.

Thought on the side: The more it gets extended on the daily chart without pullback, there has to come a period where long trades likely have to turn out mostly losers, this is when the intermediate trend starts to turn until it is a downtrend and then likely shorts will start to have a period where they work well until the pullback on the daily is finished and my big picture trend starts to turn upward again and the cycle starts from new on.

Loss: -2.75P / -11 Ticks

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2021-04-14 (5).png
Views:	230
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	311559   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-14 (6).png
Views:	224
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	311560   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-14 (10).png
Views:	218
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	311583   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-14 (9).png
Views:	208
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	311584  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 15, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts