NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

MrMojoRisin's Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one MrMojoRisin with 348 posts (154 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 11 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Sandpaddict with 11 posts (9 thanks)
    4. looks_4 rezak with 6 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 1.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two chalil with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Sandpaddict with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 MrMojoRisin with 0.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 52,804 views
    2. thumb_up 190 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 390 posts
    2. attach_file 811 attachments

Search this Thread

MrMojoRisin's Journal

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: YC, YW, YK
Thanks Given: 91
Thanks Received: 244

Thursday July 15th

Entry & Exit Trade #31

Typical case of getting stopped in at the top and immediately stopped out.

60min

10min

Loss: -0.16P

Exit Trade #30

Unfortunately gapped out with a larger loss than planned

10min

Loss: -0.33P

Entry Trade #32

Re-entry from #21 which stopped me out yesterday

60min

10min

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Friday July 16th

Entry Trade #33

60min

10min

Entry Trade #34 (Re-entry Trade #30)

60min

10min

The big-picture is almost too sideways for my intention of only trading what is moving, but on the other hand, it could be required to not get discouraged by exactly this sideways price-action and re-entries could be especially necessary here.
Since it's still difficult to judge what "quality" exactly means for my trades, I'm operating under the premise of quantity over quality, since I don't want to get fooled by the illusion of thinking I could in some way know the outcome of anyone trade.

Exit Trade #28

10 min

(initial)
Loss: -0.27P

Exit Trade #29

This was the more of a test short-trade

60min

10min

Moved stop once
Win: +0.07P

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Monday July 19th

It's just so frustrating! In about 3 weeks, 21 trades, 18 losses and 3 wins, whereas the wins are ridiculously small in comparison to the losses.
Is my approach faulty? Is it just an unfortunate market phase? I really don't know...
I can't imagine to even be able to make all those losses back, but I just keep going and look what happens.
My plan is to trade this approach without much deviation until December, if it doesn't start to crush me completely.
Somehow, somewhen there gotta come light at the end of the tunnel!

Exit Trade #27

Daily

60min

Loss: -0.21P

Exit Trade #34

Gapped me out a 2nd time with double the loss I intended. That's just so ridiculous, that I can't even be pissed anymore!

10min

Loss: -0.3P

Exit Trade #33

Also gapped out for slightly larger loss.

10min

Loss: -0.22P

Exit Trade #20

Was one of the stronger ones, but one gap-down can ruin days and days of holding and waiting

60min

10min

Moved stop once

Loss: -0.14P

Entry & Exit Trade #35

In&Out Loss

60min

10min

Loss: -0.3P

Exit Trade #26

This is especially frustrating, because it appeared to have chances to become a bigger runner.

60min

10min

Win: +0.12P

As long as the big picture is alright I'll re-enter in all of them as soon as the small trend turns upwards again. I think a major mistake could be playing the disgruntled and annoyed now, and who knows, they tanked together today, maybe the start to spike together soon.

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Part2

Exit Trade #32

Was a re-entry and especially sucked, because it had already made a nice spike.

60min

10min

Loss: -0.15P

One thing I'm keeping an eye on, which should become more clear as I gather more examples is, if I should take the same entries, but put my initial stop on the low of the larger trend that it has more room to wiggle around. And when it approaches/breaks through the large-trend-high, only then start to move my stop accordingly on the smaller trend.
At least psychologically that would likely give me a bit relief.

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Tuesday July 20th (Part1)

I'll add the symbols to my trades from now on, because it starts to get too confusing, especially concerning re-entries.
I hope that's not a problem for the forum, but I think it's believable when I'm saying that I'm in no way trying to smuggle some signal-service in here or try to secretly lure people into something.

Entry Trade #36 / AQUA / First time entry

Questionable if the big picture can still be seen as in an uptrend, but time and samples will hopefully tell.

60min

10min

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Entry Trade #37 / VICI / "Next leg up"-Entry

Have already done a trade in this one when I did my first samples. Since the big picture is in a favorable phase again, I'm not hesitating to do another trade.

60min

10min

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Entry Trade #38 / SRC / First time entry

60min

10min

Entry Trade #39 / ARI / Re-Entry

Big pic also a bit questionable

60min

10min

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Yesterday was an above average red day in the S&P. So either this was because all stocks tanked, or all stocks tanked because of the S&P tanking. However I feel like the more decisive the move in the S&P, the more the stocks tend to follow/start to correlate.
On a more average weak day in the S&P, weak stocks also drop, but stronger ones tend to go sideways.
There's definitely a connection between the stocks and the S&P to be noticed, but I don't know if that could help my trading decisions in any way.
For now I'll accept days like yesterday as part of my current method, which hopefully will be compensated by strong green days which lift my positions all at once.

The other thing of course would try to have more short positions, but even though I used to just focus on shorting, at the moment it's really difficult for me to get conviction in any short-trades.

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Part 2

Entry Trade #40 / DXC / Re-entry

60min

10min

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Entry Trade #41 / BDN / First-time-entry

60min

10min

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Entry Trade #42 / RWT / First-time-entry

60min

10min

Entry Trade #43 / BCRX / First-time-entry

60min

10min

Today shows the extreme importance of not standing grumpy in the corner and being mad at the market after a day like yesterday. From my prepared 9 orders 8 got filled and every single one is still in the green for the day and 6 even spiked significantly.
Looking on the S&P, chances are not too bad that the pullback on the daily is finished and it starts to climb again, which should be a good sign for my stocks as well.

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Wednesday July 21st

Entry & Exit Trade #44 / HRB / First time entry

60min

10min

Loss: -0.09P

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Entry Trade #45 / CNP / 3rd re-entry

60min

10min

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Entry Trade #46 / SKIN / First time entry

60min

10min

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

10 positions running at the moment
Moved stop in #42 RWT
A thing I totally forgot about is, that I have to be cautious because of the PDT-rule again in stocks, which sucks immensely.

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Thursday July 22nd

Exit Trade #42 / RWT / First-time entry

10min

Moved stop once

Loss: -0.03P

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Exit Trade #45 / CNP / 3rd re-entry

In this specific case the "putting initial stop at the large trend low" method would definitely pay off

10min

Loss: -0.14P

MrMojoRisin 
Graz/Austria

Friday July 23rd

Entry Trade #47 / SDF-IBIS / 2nd Entry (first re-entry)

60min

10min

Entry Trade #48 / DBK-IBIS / First Entry
Special Case "medium sized trend"

Even though the pullback is pretty small for the trend-size I want to trade here, I've entered under the premise, better to get stopped out and re-enter, than to maybe miss a major move

Daily

60min

Entry Trade #49 / HRB / 2nd entry

60min

10min

Entry Trade #50 / ESI / 1st entry

Couldn't enter at the open because of only one day-trade left currently, but since it came to my entry point right before the close again, I entered then.
These lower lows, but not below the last significant trend low on the big pic, I'm not sure if they are worth to trade or to avoid.

60min

10min

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

12 positions in the market at the moment. I'm pretty satisfied with that, but I gotta focus on adding a few shorts. I'm avoiding that all the time, but I really have to deal with that the next week!

mnqfisherman
Redlands, CA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

No EMA?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Garfield.png
Views:	86
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	315399  

Last Updated on June 15, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts