NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Emini Methods (www.eminimethods.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one MrBean with 5 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two greenroomhoo with 4 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Fat Tails with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Zoethecus with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 13,556 views
    2. thumb_up 7 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 16 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Emini Methods (www.eminimethods.com)

MrBean 
Osaka

Experience: Master
Platform: Ninja
Broker: IB
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 25

Agree with above, obviously having a PhD is very impressive , they don't put those in cereal boxes. But it means nothing in this business, so I chuckle every time I hear Dr. Barry Burns refer to himself that way, where I live it is pompous to praise oneself.

I have emailed Wally , I have sent a message through facebook and through his yahoo group, but after several days he does not care to reply even in the negative. Not a shred of real evidence of the efficacy of his methods , I wouldn't call cherry-picked screen shots or three-year old testimonials very good evidence. What kind of person would purchase his method without any real evidence at all, without even a simple email reply to a question? Puzzling. Now, where is my credit card ... .

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

MrBean 
Osaka

Experience: Master
Platform: Ninja
Broker: IB
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 25

OK, it looks like the messages got through, although he doesn't acknowledge or reply to any of them. There is now quite a long page of screenshots of his winning days. In all there are hundreds of trades shown with only a few small losses. But there is no way I can see if those are real trades or simulation trades, it seems too good to be true. And as with every other seller there is always that ubiquitous question: "if it is so good why not just use it yourself instead of selling it?" , that's what I would do. My gut tells me to be skeptical but my Gekko says go buy it , too expensive for me.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

greenroomhoo 
annapolis USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja, MC, Sierra, Amibroker
Broker: PFG (too bad), IB, Fidelity, AMP
Trading: ES, NQ, Equities, Forex, Etc.
Thanks Given: 107
Thanks Received: 235

I actually paid for this and figured i would provide as level of a review as I can manage so that others can benefit from my experience. His materials note copywright and various confidentiality provisions, which I will not violate either in this forum or via PM...so please do not ask.

To be fair - i have not been remotely successful with Wally's material but that is possibly due to my own failings and his system not working well with me. He posts lots of success by others and claims about a 30% success rate - which seems pretty good.

The good:
  1. Wally clearly has put tons of effort into this and his materials are quite extensive. I dont doubt his success rate that he posts. His work is well written.
  2. His materials cover lots of good mental/money management stuff
  3. There are some people who are successful with Wally's teachings
  4. He focuses on YM (and not ES), which seems like pretty good sound advice.
Things I did not like:
  1. Wally uses a dizzying array of indicators, which absolutely swamped/overwhelmed me. Clearly that works for him (and some others) but not for me.
  2. Support, a potential future chatroom (to chat with others) and Sierra indicators are all a la carte. I clearly did not read the site carefully but I did not realize those were extra $$$. - This quite frankly bent me the wrong way (in a big way).
To sum up - there was no holy grail here FOR ME. Hopefully others find this useful. Personally I have gotten more out of much less expensive systems (or free forums). Again please dont PM me looking for Wally's materials - i wont provide them.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

TheSeeker 
Germany

Platform: MT4, StrategyRunner
Trading: ES,EUR/USD,Oil
Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 73

Does he use standard off the shelf indicators or do you have to buy these from him as well ?

I just browsed through his site and watched a demo video of his. His results seem very good, although the trades are done on a simulator. I don't think you can make a living trading one YM contract in Southern California where he supposedly lives.

greenroomhoo 
annapolis USA

standard or derivation of standard indicators.

TheSeeker View Post
Does he use standard off the shelf indicators or do you have to buy these from him as well ?

I just browsed through his site and watched a demo video of his. His results seem very good, although the trades are done on a simulator. I don't think you can make a living trading one YM contract in Southern California where he supposedly lives.

greenroomhoo 
annapolis USA

I dont trade this method. But for fun I decided to dust it off and see if i could do it now that i am further into my journey.

I must say that i have been able to achieve decent results like he posts (maybe a bit shy due to my fumbling and errors with Sierra's trade DOM) on NQ.

for example - today was up 183 after comms. on one contract. had i not screwed up my entries on the Sierra trade DOM results would have been better (entered a long stop intead of a short limit etc.)

Now to be clear i did not follow his manual exclusively. I use a different time frame than he recommends. I also pulled every indicator off the charts and just have price bars only with some of the tools that he programmed (some arrows and dots).

So i didnt follow the eminimethod exactly....but using his stuff i can make money with it.

Thanked by:

greenroomhoo 
annapolis USA

i should also mention that i also added support and resistance for targeting.

I also have been ruthlessly cutting trades loose. my biggest stopout was like 8 ticks because i stupidly traded around 10 AM news - and got stopped.

Last Updated on February 1, 2013

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts