NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

88 Days to 888 of Good Trading Days

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one thatAmaze with 27 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two Sandpaddict with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SBtrader82 with 1 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 3,850 views
    2. thumb_up 20 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 30 posts
    2. attach_file 46 attachments

Search this Thread

88 Days to 888 of Good Trading Days

thatAmaze
Sydney, Australia

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 20

20210225 Churn Thursday?

Reviewing yesterday's price action, it trended nicely after my last trade. Good bounces off of MA. Typical bull trend day action. Reviewing yesterday's trades. Did not like my last trade at all, the stop was way too far away from my entry. My entry was probably a fomo entry as well.

0305 short rejection of vwap - TP RTH poc quick scalp - good (+8.5)
1025 long after strong bull bar - ouch, good trap, don't go long below MA next time - (-9.25)

1230 upset about my bad trading in RTH, need to study the charts better. Not sure if I want to trade friday but let's see. Off to rest now.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks
thatAmaze
Sydney, Australia

20210226 End of Month End of Week Friday

Reviewing yesterdays price action, it was trending nicely down. My 3AM trade was good but RTH trade was bad. The size of the candles might be too big for my risk tolerant too. Mainly willing to risk 5 points. Doing more research on PATs as it mainly uses 2000 tick chart. 2000 tick chart has much smaller candle size compare to 5m charts in these more volatile rth days.

0245 long after bounce off of support - TP1 before vwap TP2 swing got stopped, might just want to scalp out all next time when price is below vwap. It went to TP2 eventually after one more pull back could re enter next time - okay (+6.25 +0)

0930 - 1230 Been just watching the market on 2000 tick chart instead of 5m chart. It's quite busy but will try to study more over the weekend.

Total 1 trades, 2 contracts all in scale out, +6.25pts, 100% win.

thatAmaze
Sydney, Australia

20210301 New Month New Week

Last Friday was a very big range day that long and shorts can have runners. Today I am trading 3 /MES looking to scalp or have 1 runner.

0400 Trade 1 short- got some room before vwap(good +8.75)

0540 Trade 2 long- in hindsight it looks like a trading range = (bad -21)

0655 Trade 3 short - (good scalp +9)

0830 Trade 4 short- vwap holding, up channel in play - (bad -14.25)

Trade 5 - short for no reason, up channel still in play - (bad-12)

Trade 6 - looks like a short squeeze trend day now, moved TP to 3998.5 - good (38.25)

1230 Took profit of last trade and went to bed. Today reminded me that one time I was shorting the market like this while using my own fund. This time I know to just go long. Never short a dull market they say. It does not even pull back enough for you to scalp out. Should only focus on trading 2am - 5am, 930am -12am. Felt like I was over trading today.

Total 6 trades, 3 contracts, +8.75pts, 50% win.

thatAmaze
Sydney, Australia

Looks like the screenshot links are broken.

Repost:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,532

If you have broken links or problems, please report to the following thread:

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
thatAmaze
Sydney, Australia

20210302 Turnaround Tuesday?

Yesterday was a nice trend day. I am glad to be able to identify it before it's too late. Did some more reading on opening types and cannot believe I missed out on this knowledge. I guess it's more on the auction theory side instead of the price action side of reading material. Trading 3 /MES today, scalp or keep 1 runner.

0135 Trade 1 short rejection of vwap - (good scalp +6)

0937 - 1110 Trade * 6 - some scalp, some attempt to swing, target if upside 3907 just before HVN, if down side 3873 just before previous IB mid, feel over traded, should sit on my hands more - (okay, did not manage to screenshot every trade entry and did not manage to keep track on the trade reasonings, a sign of over trading, had to pull up Trade Performance)

1130 Of course price went to 3873 after stopping my runners out twice. Sometimes I feel like I should leave the stop for the runner at where it was placed, which would be the last swing high/low for the runner to hit my target. However, 'protecting profit and move stop to BE' seems to be more commonly mentioned. Will think more about this tomorrow, time to rest.

@Bigmike Thanks for the quick response! I think it was on me. Trying to move pictures around. Still trying to get used to FIO

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_384.png
Views:	166
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	310148   Click image for larger version

Name:	stop.PNG
Views:	151
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	310154  
thatAmaze
Sydney, Australia

20210303 ADP Wednesday

Decided to record my trading screen to learn more about how I trade today. Premarket had a very nice down move and looking for a bounce or trend continuation.

Was too eager to trade right after the open as I didn't trade the ETH today. Resulting in 2 losses. Soon was able to recover after realising it's a open test drive and we were going lower. Tried to swing the short trades and scalp the long trades. Still need to remind myself to sit on my hands more especially right after the open. Yesterday had 7 trades too. Losers were also close to the open. Maybe try limit myself to 5 trades max per day.

Total 7 trades, 3 contracts, +21.5pts, 70% win.

Thanked by:
thatAmaze
Sydney, Australia

20210304 FED Day

Told myself to not trade before Powell speech unless I see very clear set ups. Saw a very clear set up as soon as market opens but missed the entry. FOMO put on limit order to buy pullback. Stopped out as market reversed. Putting myself on timeout and just mark the trades throughout the session. It's amazing how clear you can see the trades if you don't feel the rush to trade. Need to train myself to be more patient.

Total 1 trade, 3 contracts, -15pts, 0% win.

thatAmaze
Sydney, Australia

20210305 NFP Day

Once again reminded myself to be patient. Reconsidering the chart I want to trade. Tick chart looked easy with PATS but might be giving me too many signals. That might be the reason why I feel so rush to trade with tick chats. Was trading 5 min bars but the bars are too big for my risk. Today I prepared a 2min chart and see if it can be a viable middle ground. I think Al Brooks trades it sometimes.

RR and trade frequency seem better today. Not able to stick around for too long this Friday night as we have plans tomorrow.

Total 4 trade, first trade only 1 contract did not double check, then 3 contracts all in scale out, +31.5pts, 50% win.

thatAmaze
Sydney, Australia

20210308 Low Participation Monday?

Short biased today after seeing the O.N. rally. Still trading 3 /MES and try to leave one runner but the runners get stopped out very quickly. Should have listened to FT again and just scalp. This is exactly what I wrote on 22nd February Monday: "Should have been focused on scalping instead of trying to swing, FT is right." Got to remember this next Monday lol.

Total 2 trades, all in, scalp out 2 with 3pts or more, leave 1 runner but stopped out at original stop placement(5pts stop), +2.5pts, 100% win(?).

Last Updated on June 1, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts