NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

88 Days to 888 of Good Trading Days

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one thatAmaze with 27 posts (17 thanks)
    2. looks_two Sandpaddict with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SBtrader82 with 1 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 3,884 views
    2. thumb_up 20 thanks given
    3. group 4 followers
    1. forum 30 posts
    2. attach_file 46 attachments

Search this Thread

88 Days to 888 of Good Trading Days

thatAmaze
Sydney, Australia

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 20

20210601 Uprofit Trader?

Previous experience with 'Prop firms'

I have previously signed up for Leeloo evaluation account a few times.

1st time, Nov 2020:

Was in profit over $2000 at one point then got tilted. '14 days to get funded' might sound sweet but I felt rushed to grow my P&L and ended up overtrading and kept trying to 'make it back' after a good amount of DD. I decided to go back to paper and practise more.

2nd time, Jan 2021:

Nicolas and Chris was very helpful and fast in responding to my emails. I told them I would return for a smaller evaluation account in 2021. I chose the 3-contract 25K account because I figured that it gives the best RR, $1500 DD for $1500 target, 1:1.

One week into the evaluation, I clicked buy instead of sell when the market is falling. My account went from positive P&L to under 25K. Not by much, but mentally I don't want to trade this account anymore. This is a mistake that should not have happened and I don't want to make back the money that I lost by mistake lol. Then, I went into sim mode and started journaling here. I figured that I just need to keep going, sim trading or not, to gain enough screen time and build a routine in trading.

3rd time, Feb 2021:

Signed up for a new account when my 'mistake account' is about to renew. I cancelled the subscription and signed up for a new one so I don't have to pay the reset fee. Unfortunately, life happened and I had to relocate so I did not managed to trade properly. Was in slight profit at the end of the 1-month subscription period as I was trading very small with /MES. Decided to stop and looking to sign up again after I have settle in Sydney.

Uprofit Trader?

Was going to go back to Leeloo when it has a nice sale event but discovered Uprofit Trader. It does not have a trailing DD like Leeloo does but instead an EOD balance DD. With its May 50% off discount I have decided to give it a try, with the 50K account ($2000 DD, $1100 daily loss limit).

Pros(?) compare to Leeloo:

-EOD balance DD (but does it trail indefinitely even in Live account? Leeloo live account would stop trailing after starting balance + $100)

-24 hours profit withdrawal with live account (but profit split is 50/50 if account balance does not have cushion)

-No monthly fee but one time assignment fee

Cons(?) compare to Leeloo:

-High commission fee, and I don't know if it's round trip or not for /ES. Image below is the only result when searched for 'commission' on the site

-Has scaling on live account

-Minimal information on website. I have quite a bit of questions and will send them an email and see how they respond.

Conclusion

It is time to leave my sim trading environment again and this seems to be a good opportunity to do so. I hope that the EOD DD does not trail indefinitely in Live Account. Let's see!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
76 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
55 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
37 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks

Last Updated on June 1, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts