NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Need Help: Urgent Broker Problem (Phillip Capital: NT Brokerage, Edge Clear)

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 22 posts (61 thanks)
    2. looks_two AvgTraderJoe with 21 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 SMCJB with 20 posts (45 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Salao with 17 posts (32 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 3.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two NT Brokerage with 3.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 2.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 48,856 views
    2. thumb_up 505 thanks given
    3. group 467 followers
    1. forum 309 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

Need Help: Urgent Broker Problem (Phillip Capital: NT Brokerage, Edge Clear)

snax 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Price Action Student

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Edge Clear
Trading: MES
Thanks Given: 9,617
Thanks Received: 9,627

Is your underlying clearing firm Phillip Capital? If so they sent out this email yesterday:

Quoting 
Dear Customers,

We experienced a system outage yesterday which may have resulted in missing trades during the closing session. Additionally, these trades could also be missing from your 2/4/2020 statement. To remedy this, we will be reissuing a corrected statement shortly today.

The positions in your platform might be incorrect. We will communicate as we have more updates and believe the issue is resolved fully.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Phillip Capital Support Team

So it may have been a Phillip Capital issue or an underlying network issue affecting other firms as well?

BTW, I am really liking Edge Clear w/ Phillip Capital, (despite the apparent system-outage yesterday which did not affect me). Just in case you are looking around for a broker

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

Salao 
Los Angeles CA
Market Wizard

Platform: TradeStation
Broker: Tradestation
Trading: GC/MGC, MCL, MES
Thanks Given: 10,582
Thanks Received: 5,870

Hey snax! OK yes it is phillip capital. I didn't receive that notice and I'm not sure why. Thanks for posting it. It helps calm my nerves a little...but I am looking forward to those updated statements.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Pa Dax 
Netherlands
Price Action Scientist

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, IB TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 2,008
Thanks Received: 6,318

Unheard of that you can't get a live status report of your actual positions from a trade desk. I believe that anything can fail including a platform and everything but to not be able to know if you're in the market right now at this moment or not is just outrageous.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 tehuff 
Chicago

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Mirus
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 14

... this happened to me years ago with Silver. Almost the exact same situation (I had 5 contracts in dispute). It went to COMEX arbitration, in the end I lost.

Net, net: go by your screens, logs etc. Not what they tell you. Document everything. Good Luck.

Thanked by:

Oltreoceano 
Perth Australia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra Chart
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: oil & gold
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 9

I would call the trade desk and will ask them to check what are my open positions and the unrealised P/L. In this way you know for sure where you stand and can make an informed decision.
You can always ask the trade desk to get you flat. They will record the call and will ask you confirmation of that. You may also record the phone call.. but notify them if you do this.
Hope this will help.
have a great weekend

traderalex81 
Bellevue, WA

Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 41

Document everything, video record the screen and voice conversations with the broker, and start looking for an attorney. This is going to be a big lawsuit!

Thanked by:
 tehuff 
Chicago

Broker: Mirus
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 14

Pa Dax View Post
Unheard of that you can't get a live status report of your actual positions from a trade desk. I believe that anything can fail including a platform and everything but to not be able to know if you're in the market right now at this moment or not is just outrageous.

There's a reason the brokers have all the yachts.

Thanked by:
 SnakeTrades 
New York

Platform: Ninja, TS, TOS
Trading: Indices, GC, CL
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 3

This is a Phillip Capital issue, correct. I had the same exact thing happen to me and Ninja is my broker. I spoke with someone on their order desk who indicated Phillip had a system outage so people woke up with positions. I also woke up short ES 7 micros from 3755, double the size I am comfortable with and in a net 30 point loss. I quickly closed it out (near the ONH unfortunately) and then caught the short in ES from the overnight high (very happy), call Ninja and they tell me that the only thing my account reflects is that I am long 7 micro at 3882.25 (because I was short 7 micro at 3755 when I woke up, which I quickly closed out). The short trade I just made and was stoked about never happened. Pretty insane.

Unclear what happens next but they may write it up to "trading on bad information" which would leave the customer accounts liable from my understanding. It's $500 for me, I can live wit it, but it may be a lot more for others and that is just not right and pretty scary. I really hope that's not the case but TBD how this all plays out.

tehuff View Post
There's a reason the brokers have all the yachts.

Thanked by:

Salao 
Los Angeles CA
Market Wizard

Platform: TradeStation
Broker: Tradestation
Trading: GC/MGC, MCL, MES
Thanks Given: 10,582
Thanks Received: 5,870

Pa Dax View Post

Yes it is awful. I asked numerous times if I had a position open and nobody would tell me. All they would tell me was that if I thought the statement was in error, to not make an offsetting trade. And I told them numerous times that I want to be flat no matter what. I made sure to email that to them too.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 lucama 
London, UK

Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 11

Hi,

Happened the same to me with Phillip Capital!
Last position ,yesterday, I closed a long so they recorded it as a short position.
Needless to say that this morning I freaked closed the position ( I was 2900 in negative ) and ended up being long.
I called immediately NT emergency desk and they explained to me of the Phillip outage.
Luckily I closed the long with a small profit while on the phone with support and the platform went back to normal, erasing the losses and recording the small profit .
They told me, for the future, that if I don't recognize a trade to leave it as it is and contact the help desk.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 18, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts