NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Trading on drugs

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one futurestrader9979 with 5 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two Small Dog with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Massive l with 2 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one SBtrader82 with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fluid Fox with 4 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Massive l with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 4,213 views
    2. thumb_up 23 thanks given
    3. group 17 followers
    1. forum 25 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading on drugs

futurestrader9979
Los Angeles

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 3

Hello everyone,

After suffering through many blown up accounts and confronting my sense of grandiosity I have finally come to accept trading is mostly psychology. It took me a lot of time and money to to admit this but I finally have. Anxiety, focus, fear are all dominate emotions while trading and contribute to many common mistakes traders make. I recently got diagnosed with ADD and was prescribed Adderall and WOW what a difference it made in my trading. I am able to keep my emotions at bay, my focus has gone through the roof and I am able to stay completely objective. Wondering if anyone else has tried Adderall for trading and what benefits or downsides they have felt?

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
75 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
55 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
36 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
The Program
16 thanks

cdnftrstdr   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 178

I don't but want to follow along and see peoples responses, find this very interesting.

Like yourself (and I suspect many people) I have the same problem of emotional trading having screwed me more times than I like to admit. The days I'm focused and keyed in it's like night and day. It'd be nice to be in that state every time trading. I haven't tried any type of drug to help with focus, I would say I've leaned far more towards try and figure things out and improve, but there comes a point where one starts to wonder if the answer lies elsewhere.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
futurestrader9979
Los Angeles

I agree, sometimes I feel that all humans are simply wired differently. If two people suffer an identical loss, that loss impacts the both of them differently from a biological standpoint. Some individuals, by nature, are more susceptible to emotional drama than others. Nevertheless one can definitely train his or herself to become less susceptible to these emotions but I believe you can only alter your biology to a certain extent

SBtrader82   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,333

I have never tried Adderal in my life, I think here in Europe smart drugs are not as common as in the U.S.
I have watched a documentary about psychiatry years ago and it really shocked me, basically most of the mental illnesses are completely made up to sell drugs.
If I find the link about the documentary I will post it here.

Also, I worked for 10+ years as a middle man in the pharma industry and I was so surprised to see the big proportion of psychiatric drugs that are sold on a monthly basis.

So, before taking any drugs I would really investigate if you really suffer from ADD.

Don't worry about emotional trading, and being impulsive etc... we all suffer from it so you don't need to be ashamed about it. Read my journal and you will see that I am always taking impulsive trades and trying to cope with them.
I think in the long run acceptance is more powerful than any drugs, we all suffer from revenge trading, impulsive trades, over confidence etc... so we all need to work on them.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
futurestrader9979
Los Angeles

Thank you for that response, I will definitely check out your journal

SBtrader82 View Post
I have never tried Adderal in my life, I think here in Europe smart drugs are not as common as in the U.S.
I have watched a documentary about psychiatry years ago and it really shocked me, basically most of the mental illnesses are completely made up to sell drugs.
If I find the link about the documentary I will post it here.

Also, I worked for 10+ years as a middle man in the pharma industry and I was so surprised to see the big proportion of psychiatric drugs that are sold on a monthly basis.

So, before taking any drugs I would really investigate if you really suffer from ADD.

Don't worry about emotional trading, and being impulsive etc... we all suffer from it so you don't need to be ashamed about it. Read my journal and you will see that I am always taking impulsive trades and trying to cope with them.
I think in the long run acceptance is more powerful than any drugs, we all suffer from revenge trading, impulsive trades, over confidence etc... so we all need to work on them.

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5,249
Thanks Received: 5,012

This could be recipe for disaster, what if things don't go your way even after taking the drugs? You assume its not enough? Start getting it outside of prescribed limit? In tern worsening your health problem (if you really have one?)

Doctors spend lot of time in school to learn what they do, I usually wont even advocate taking vitamins without talking with doctor first but this is taking things on dangerous lines.

However, this is your personal decision, good luck and I hope you keep succeeding.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

awesomizer 
Portage, MI

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Bookmap, Tradingview
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 219
Thanks Received: 63

I used to take adderall when I was younger and can say that I would probably be a better trader now in the short term because of its ability to help with concentration but one of my weaknesses is revenge trading and I have found it hard to stop trading sometimes after being down and if I was to take adderall now I think because of its obsessive effect I would just want to trade and trade and trade.

Dasani 
United States of America

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 40

It might of been better to title this thread Trading on Adderall vs Trading on Drugs?

The first thing I thought when I saw the title was trading on illegal drugs like Cocaine or Heroin or what not.

Thanked by:

Massive l 
OR/USA
Legendary /NQ Trader

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 1,859
Thanks Received: 5,106

I take a few pipe rips of green throughout the day. I really enjoy it especially with caffeine.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
futurestrader9979
Los Angeles

Haha yes I used it as a hook

Dasani View Post
It might of been better to title this thread Trading on Adderall vs Trading on Drugs?

The first thing I thought when I saw the title was trading on illegal drugs like Cocaine or Heroin or what not.

Last Updated on February 16, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts