NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

It Begins!!!

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one jmp470 with 39 posts (23 thanks)
    2. looks_two AllSeeker with 4 posts (8 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 userque with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Trembling Hand with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two matthew28 with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 AllSeeker with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jmp470 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 7,048 views
    2. thumb_up 46 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 51 posts
    2. attach_file 20 attachments

Search this Thread

It Begins!!!

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5,249
Thanks Received: 5,012

jmp470 View Post
Time Stamp 10:31! WOW... what a move to the downside into some serious volume around the 38 area!!!! To bad I missed it, as I had to work. I'm still happy with my $10 move :-) and being able to read the information presented by my setup.

On another note: I do think being happy with your UI (NT8) is very important. I say this with my 5 days of NT experience

On that note, I think this whole platforms and indicator suit thingy is way too overrated. You just need to find what you need and move on. For some people it maybe just some charting platform, for some it maybe order book and for some it maybe just keyboard with dedicated keys.

As you say it, sometimes its just better to be happy with whatever you have

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

jmp470
San Antonio, TX

Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Received: 56

LastDino View Post
On that note, I think this whole platforms and indicator suit thingy is way too overrated. You just need to find what you need and move on. For some people it maybe just some charting platform, for some it maybe order book and for some it maybe just keyboard with dedicated keys.

As you say it, sometimes its just better to be happy with whatever you have

It's called finding the grove, right.. :-) I need get to my grove not.

And not be this guy

Thanked by:
jmp470
San Antonio, TX

Today's bias was initially bullish starting around 7:39, due to work I could not follow the market more. I got my 1 trade in for a positive $10 scalp. 2 contracts, on first pullback.

I can now pay for my trading data with money made from the Market!!!

jmp470
San Antonio, TX

Today's trading was not the best.

Trade 1, on the 8:12 bar I saw the temp bottom coming with volume on the 8:09 bar, with a solid order @ around 3796.5 that was never pulled on the 15 min chart. I was a little ahead of the trade and was stopped out. This was not a good trade, I'm front running the setups.

Trade 2, was not the best trade either, I did get a better fill, but not the best.

The trade should have been on the 8:18 bar, with a mini-sweep being shown and solid buying.

Improvements: That I think I need to make:
1) Wait for the buyers, and join them, versus front run them.
2) I could have averaged up my position, aka leaned into it.

My Target for a long position is/was to exit around the 3810 - 3815 area, this is based off the 15 min chart, the blue squares.

Overall profitable on the day, and will most likely not trade again today.

Wow, they are flushing it. Target 3770 ish

1.27.21 trades

jmp470
San Antonio, TX

1.28.21 Trades

Today's trades: I went short 4 contracts , as I missed the long entry due to life. On the 15 min I'm seeing the double bottom bullish setup, but I saw the extension, so I went short, waiting for the pullback to the double blue lines.

Either way, maybe I was a little early, but built a little position and then hit my target.

jmp470
San Antonio, TX

Today's trade was nothing special, but it did have some teaching points.

1) I knew we were at the top of the Range, so I wanted a quick scalp
2) Never answer the phone when looking for a trade setup. I got in way later than I wanted!!!!

3) The real job is more important than trading, as it pays the bills

4) First real week of trading has returned a little over 8.5% after trade costs, I'm pretty happy about that.

5) I still have to focus on my execution, but, it is getting a lot better.

In today's trade, I knew we were setting up for a down trend on the 15 min, but I also knew that I had a conference call, so I wanted to do a quick scalp.

What I saw: Positive Delta leading up to trapped bulls on the 7:51 bar. then a pull back with less traders, the 7:54 bar. Then no sellers, and buyers on the 7:57 bar, to include a small sweep. so I went in for a small scalp and hit sell as I work got in the way for the positive gain. My scalp would have worked for a point, but it is what is is. Then much, much weakness setting up... as rejections at the top blue line sets in.

jmp470
San Antonio, TX

January analysis;
January Analysis 1

January Summary

I've been looking at Ninja Trader's analytics and I would like to learn how to best utilize it. I've attached my January stats to review and any help the community could provide, I would greatly appreciated.

If you read my journal you'll see that I really didn't go straight live trading versus Sim / Live trading until it was recommended by a community member (LastDino) on 1/25/2021.

I'm getting my definitions here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?statistics_definitions.htm
But that doesn't mean I totally understand what each one means. Maybe I'm a little dunce here

When looking at my summary page, it seems my entries are not the best, because the Avg MAE is $11.92, so does this mean the average trade goes against me by the $11.92 amount. If this is true, I understand that, as I stated I need to work on my entries.

How else should I utilize this information, how can I improve my trading with it?

Also, is there a way to have NT calculate my Commissions?

Thanks all.

userque
Chicago IL

Thanks Given: 573
Thanks Received: 130

jmp470 View Post
January analysis;
January Analysis 1

January Summary

I've been looking at Ninja Trader's analytics and I would like to learn how to best utilize it. I've attached my January stats to review and any help the community could provide, I would greatly appreciated.

If you read my journal you'll see that I really didn't go straight live trading versus Sim / Live trading until it was recommended by a community member (LastDino) on 1/25/2021.

I'm getting my definitions here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?statistics_definitions.htm
But that doesn't mean I totally understand what each one means. Maybe I'm a little dunce here

When looking at my summary page, it seems my entries are not the best, because the Avg MAE is $11.92, so does this mean the average trade goes against me by the $11.92 amount. If this is true, I understand that, as I stated I need to work on my entries.

How else should I utilize this information, how can I improve my trading with it?

Also, is there a way to have NT calculate my Commissions?

Thanks all.

You didn't pay any commissions during that analysis, so there's nothing for NT to calculate.

See here for how to activate etc. commissions:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?understanding_commissions.htm

Re: MAE

Looks like you were trading futures, so it's probably best to also view that analysis using the 'ticks' setting also. Once you do that, your MAE will be displayed in ticks...or whatever the micros display, I guess. Anyway,

One way to use the MAE stat is to say, in effect, "Since my MAE is 10 ticks, I'll enter positions by setting a limit order 10 ticks away from the market ... where I previously would have used a market order, once my strategy gives a signal."

Thanked by:
jmp470
San Antonio, TX

userque View Post
You didn't pay any commissions during that analysis, so there's nothing for NT to calculate.

See here for how to activate etc. commissions:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?understanding_commissions.htm

Re: MAE

Looks like you were trading futures, so it's probably best to also view that analysis using the 'ticks' setting also. Once you do that, your MAE will be displayed in ticks...or whatever the micros display, I guess. Anyway,

One way to use the MAE stat is to say, in effect, "Since my MAE is 10 ticks, I'll enter positions by setting a limit order 10 ticks away from the market ... where I previously would have used a market order, once my strategy gives a signal."

Wow, lots to learn... I'm watching videos from NT now. thanks for the tips, as it made me dig more into the system...

Thanked by:
jmp470
San Antonio, TX

Tonight's Trade was 4 contracts for 1 point. I went to move the profit target up a bit, but it was hit before I could move it.

The 15 minute down channel hit the bottom on decent volume, so I was looking for the retest and exhausted sellers. The velocity up was pretty quick and I got my profits out of it.

almost looks like a short setting up, but I don't like to trade Sunday's, but the setup was to nice to ignore when I went to test out some analysis functions that I'm learning about.

This is still technically January :-) So do I call it that I made 10% this month? I'm down with that, if I can continue this path and double my money this year.

At one point, not sure when that is, I will start putting more money into this account. But, I want a few months of trading under my belt first. Maybe I will dump my stock money in here. Time will tell.

Last Updated on May 18, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts