NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NinjaTrader buys TransAct Futures (Infinity Brokers), plans its own FCM

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 11 posts (38 thanks)
    2. looks_two jmp470 with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 4 posts (13 thanks)
    4. looks_4 samiotis with 4 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 15.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Blash with 6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 NinjaTrader with 3.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 3.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 19,794 views
    2. thumb_up 114 thanks given
    3. group 210 followers
    1. forum 44 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

NinjaTrader buys TransAct Futures (Infinity Brokers), plans its own FCM

AlDon 
Melbourne Victoria/Australia

Experience: Advanced
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 9

Big Mike View Post
I would say a larger concern is rising to the level of interest of a larger conglomerate, and being bought out and possibly shuttered to eliminate competition or reshuffled into a larger organization where it may significantly alter new accounts or license purchase options.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

This was what I was thinking, too. ...Great for the founder and/or investors. Crap for customers and fans. Happens A LOT.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

speck 
Kharkiv, Ukraine

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: NinjaTrader/Dorman
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 376
Thanks Received: 36

Well, I'm using the combination of Infinity/Sierra and the latter has informed that they are ceasing support for TransAct data feed in May, so I'll be forced to make some moves.

A simpler option would be to move to Sierra Denali Data Feed for charting while continuing to use TransAct dome for execution. That will add some monthly data costs as curruntly my TradsAct feed is free of charge which is a compensation of sorts for their higher than average commissions.

So it makes me wonder now whether I should make a move to another broker with a more competitive price plan, especially for the micros as Infinity commissions on them are really high.

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

speck View Post
Well, I'm using the combination of Infinity/Sierra and the latter has informed that they are ceasing support for TransAct data feed in May, so I'll be forced to make some moves.

A simpler option would be to move to Sierra Denali Data Feed for charting while continuing to use TransAct dome for execution. That will add some monthly data costs as curruntly my TradsAct feed is free of charge which is a compensation of sorts for their higher than average commissions.

So it makes me wonder now whether I should make a move to another broker with a more competitive price plan, especially for the micros as Infinity commissions on them are really high.

TransAct/Infinity will be reaching out to customers in the coming days with several options to continue using Sierra Chart with your Infinity account. You are correct that no action is required by any of Infinity’s clients for several months. During that time, you will be provided a seamless path to continue trading as you have been used to. We understand some of the communication has been confusing customers, which is why TransAct/Infinity are thoughtfully considering all available options you have during this transition. Thank you for your patience!

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

speck 
Kharkiv, Ukraine

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: NinjaTrader/Dorman
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 376
Thanks Received: 36

NinjaTrader View Post
TransAct/Infinity will be reaching out to customers in the coming days with several options to continue using Sierra Chart with your Infinity account. You are correct that no action is required by any of Infinity’s clients for several months. During that time, you will be provided a seamless path to continue trading as you have been used to. We understand some of the communication has been confusing customers, which is why TransAct/Infinity are thoughtfully considering all available options you have during this transition. Thank you for your patience!

Many thanks!

thanatox 
new york

Experience: Beginner
Platform: tos
Trading: gold
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

i hope i can use my transact account to log in ninjatrader with transact level 5 data

Thanked by:
traderron050
Philadelphia, Pennsylavnia

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

NinjaTrader View Post

AMP has some pretty cheap commissions and Sierra Chart is free to use at Package 3. If you use Package 5, they charge for that. I am on Tradovate now with CQG and Sierra Chart but I have to pay for Sierra Chart separately.

mongoose 
Chicago, IL

Experience: None
Platform: oil super computer
Trading: multiple
Thanks Given: 817
Thanks Received: 433

Sierra recently changed their pricing and no longer offers it free through AMP. There are many posts on this in the Sierra section.
traderron050 View Post
AMP has some pretty cheap commissions and Sierra Chart is free to use at Package 3. If you use Package 5, they charge for that. I am on Tradovate now with CQG and Sierra Chart but I have to pay for Sierra Chart separately.

Thanked by:
 hedgeplay 
Austin Texas / US

Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Seconds
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 211

Looks like the NinjaTrader FCM Press Release was released

https://financefeeds.com/ninjatrader-launches-fcm-for-retail-traders-after-400-user-growth-in-2021/

"NINJATRADER LAUNCHES FCM FOR RETAIL TRADERS AFTER 400% USER GROWTH IN 2021
AUGUST 9, 2021 7:34 PM UTC, RICK STEVES
The news follows the acquisition of TransAct Futures, a non-clearing Futures Commission Merchant (FCM), and its IB, Infinity Futures, in January 2021. At the time, NinjaTrader had 100,000 active traders. Now, it boasts over 500,000.

NinjaTrader Group has launched a non-clearing Futures Commission Merchant that will deliver innovative Fintech services for retail traders who look for competitive pricing and a user friendly trading experience.

The provider of trading software and brokerage services is thus introducing NinjaTrader Clearing, LLC, to cater to self-directed traders and simplify access to global futures markets with its FCM.

Martin Franchi, Chief Executive Officer of NinjaTrader, said: “We are extremely excited to introduce a customer-centric experience unique to the futures industry through our FCM. The interest in retail futures trading is rapidly expanding and the opportunity to simplify the client experience will help us continue to deliver unmatched value for our traders.”

Supporting more than half a million active traders, NinjaTrader will leverage its high-performance trading software, discount brokerage and real-time support to keep its growth momentum in onboarding clients.

NinjaTrader Clearing has already started to accept new futures accounts, making the best of its features to take the trading industry one step further.

“Retail traders are attracted to the numerous benefits available through futures and our goal is to make these markets even more accessible for both investors and active traders. Through an innovative user experience and cost-efficient services, NinjaTrader will continue to lower the barrier of entry to participate in the futures markets using our institutional grade trading tools”, Martin Franchi added.

The firm was founded in 2003 as a provider of trading software for foreign exchange traders. NinjaTrader has since evolved into an industry leader offering brokerage services and supporting over 500,000 traders around the globe with its proprietary software and discount commissions.

The news follows the acquisition of TransAct Futures, a non-clearing Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) and its wholly owned subsidiary, Infinity Futures, an Independent Introducing Broker, in January 2021.

At the time, NinjaTrader was catering to only 100,000 active traders and decided to buy a clearing operations in order to lead the retail futures industry with its unique combination of cost-efficient access to institutional grade technology and innovative services.

“Futures clearing is ripe for modernization and simplifying the user experience serves as the next logical step in the growth of our organization. As the preferred destination for retail futures traders, the opportunity to revolutionize clearing operations will help us deliver unmatched value for our customers through a premium experience not currently available in the marketplace”, said CEO Franchi at the time.

Featuring a fully regionalized trading platform and brokerage services supporting 7 languages. In 2014, NinjaTrader introduced low-cost brokerage services to further revolutionize the industry and acquiring clearing operations was the natural next step in the continuation of their vision of redefining the user experience and access to futures trading."

=========================

Posted the full text so those who are looking for it in the future will be able to find the text of the release.

HedgePlay

Thanked by:

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

I had posted these two links earlier today in another thread. Seems appropriate to post in this thread also.

https://ninjatrader.com/NewsReleases/NinjaTrader-Announces-FCM-to-Support-Retail-Futures-Traders
https://ninjatrader.com/NinjaTrader-FCM-FAQ

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Blash 
Chicago, IL
Legendary Market Chamois

Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS
Broker: InteractiveBrokers, S5T, IQFeed
Trading: The one I'm creating in the present....Index Futures mini/micro, ZF
Thanks Given: 7,341
Thanks Received: 4,518

I used to feel the same way until I figured out how NinjaTrader works best. Now I have very close to ZERO problems with NT8 and that's using the same workspace for many months without issue.

Here is a few of the best ways to use NT8 I have found:
  1. Always start NT8 in an empty workspace.
  2. With NT8 open in this empty WS now connect to data.
  3. Once connected to data now open any WS(s).
  4. Always have a CPU meter running breaking down each process and monitor NT8 this way. I use Process Hacker, its little floating taskbar widget just showing the top three processes.
  5. Make sure NT8 is done with whatever task it is currently doing, by watching how hard it is working in the NT8 CPU "meter" percentage, before asking it to do something else.
  6. For example: if a WS is still loading (you can tell by monitoring NT8 CPU%... it will be ranging around between 15-95% and done when leveled off for about 20 sec in the normal range for your setup) DO NOT ask it to open a new chart or any other "thing"....UNTIL it is done loading the current WS.
  7. Apply these same principles to everything you do regarding NT8.

Ron

txsroper View Post
Patrick Zielbauer is good people. infinity futures has some good people.

Just wish NinjaTrader would be as stable and robust as Sierra and TradeStation just being honest. Having paid a $1,000 for the NT License feel I paid for the right to tell the truth. Any chance NinjaTrader will improve customer service to the level Infinity Futures provides ?

...My calamity is My providence, outwardly it is fire and vengeance, but inwardly it is light and mercy...
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on March 23, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts