NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Help improve the NexusFi community

Discussion in Feedback and Announcements

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 70 posts (83 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 10 posts (23 thanks)
    3. looks_3 forrestang with 9 posts (10 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 7 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Schnook with 5.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 forrestang with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 27,210 views
    2. thumb_up 234 thanks given
    3. group 25 followers
    1. forum 154 posts
    2. attach_file 24 attachments

Search this Thread

Help improve the NexusFi community

Schnook 
Munich, Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: liquid products
Thanks Given: 1,166
Thanks Received: 1,917

bobwest View Post
This has already been put in place, thanks to some constructive smilie complaining that has already done. Click on the smilie icon at the top of the posting editor window, and a panel of common smilies will show up at the bottom of the page... this was the default (without needing to click on the icon), but was changed and then restored. Check it -- I just did to be sure, and it works.

You mean this ?

I mean, that would be great if there were better options there, but honestly I don't even know what half of them even mean.

See, I wanted to add a sheepish grin smiley right there but I didn't because I got tired of scrolling so I'm afraid you'll have to accept this turtle instead

Big Mike
Maybe @Schnook should be the smilie warden

Thanks but due to an unfortunate misunderstanding back in 2006 I'm no longer allowed within 500 yards of a smiley pen. It was those damn llamas again. I swear I was just trying to help them.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
65 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
40 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
29 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

Bermudan Option 
Chicago, Illinois
1% better Daily

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView
Broker: ThinkOrSwim
Trading: Forex, Stock & Options
Thanks Given: 838
Thanks Received: 471

I think the ability to embed docs/spreadsheets could be a solid addition. Thanks to the cloud, Google/Microsoft spreadsheets (or docs) are now living, breathing tools that for collaboration and immediate refreshing of data. They also have financial formulas to bring in financial data w/ a 20 minute delay.

For me, the use case that prompted me to ask is the potential for a spreadsheet on the first page of a journal that is constantly updated even if the user hasn't updated their journal for example. It can automate the sharing of trading progress (along w/ user-created KPIs) in real-time in the first post of a journal thread. There are alternative forums (specifcally Forex) that allow you to connect your trading account to the website, but this is a less intrusive workaround with less risk exposure for FIO.

In terms of a business case, it has a potential 'sticky' aspect where threads are revisited more frequently even when there isn't the traditional 'new posts' to warrant it. Also, in terms of habit forming, it streamlines the process of sharing/tracking metrics in a trading journal which is a hurdle that many posters often don't realize is happening behind the scenes.

AFAIK, there isn't any ability to insert HTML via <iframe> which is what Google and Microsoft both use. Attempting to use the Javascript alternative on Office Online is (likely understandably) blocked on FIO as well.

Instead of opening up all HTML to be inserted into posts, perhaps just iframe content if that's possible? If there is an alternative workaround that I'm overlooking, let me know! For example, I've been on other trading forums where they allow users to post non-interactive financial charts that update daily with the latest data (see the first post). That type of functionality could work well for spreadsheets/documents as well.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

glennts 
Corpus Christi, TX / Westcliffe, CO

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: DDT / Rithmic / Kinetick / IQ
Trading: 6E, ES
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 1,022

Data download in it's own folder so that one does not have to wade thru them when searching for an indicator.

Thanked by:

Phoenixoboros 
Paris France

Platform: Sierra Chart,TradeStation
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: CME Futures & US Treasury Bonds Futures (week) and Bitcoin (week-end)
Thanks Given: 95
Thanks Received: 65

Dark theme.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

mwf2220 
Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates

Experience: None
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Philip Capital
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 1,539
Thanks Received: 383

How about an updated text editor that can maintain formatting when pasting from a different source (Word, Excel, etc.)?

Woodzy 
England

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts
Broker: Tradovate & AMP
Trading: ES, ZN, ZB & Eurex
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 3

Dark mode or theme. I usually use the App which is great but just using the web browser on my PC and its horrible white and bright. If you see attached image, I get a mess of bright whites and difficult to read sections. Maybe because I have my PC and web browsers set up for dark modes it doesn't work well with this website but I haven't noticed issues on other websites before.
fioweb

Thanked by:
 jwxx 
Los Angeles, CA, USA

Platform: multiple platforms
Broker: multiple brokers, CQG data
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 28

Ack. I just spent a lot of time carefully creating a post here. When I hit submit, the site timed out and the post disappeared.

Maybe it would be nice if the site is going to time me out, that it pops up a warning beforehand, to save the text, or to continue the session?

jwxx 
Los Angeles, CA, USA

Platform: multiple platforms
Broker: multiple brokers, CQG data
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 28

Interesting - I was able to recover the deleted post on my computer, so here it is again. My previous comment is still valid though.

DARK MODE

Here's why:

One of the main causes of blindness is macular degeneration.

The macula is the small center of our retina - the focus of what we see. This is the only place where we can read, analyze charts, etc. When we lose too many cells in this tiny area, we can no longer read, drive, use cell phones or most other things in life requiring vision.

A fairly recent study has shown that in the presence of the chemical retinol, when it is exposed to light in the shorter and more energetic blue frequencies, it destroys vision cells in the macula, and they don't regenerate - they are gone forever.

White light, being a mix of all frequencies of visible light, is probably the most dangerous to us. Many warnings have been given about eye damage from extended viewing of monitors, including cell phones.

Staring at a white screen is like looking directly at the sun (not as many photons as the sun, but doing the same type of damage).

One possible solution to this particular problem might be a mode that simply turns to 00 the B (blue color) in the RGB (red green blue) color identification for the entire site. This would be similar to the windows function called night light settings, although at full power those also appear to block a lot of the green, which shouldn't be necessary for this particular purpose, since the longer green frequencies are not implicated in this destruction of macular cells.

I'm not sure how to program this, but there should be some way to tell the monitors just to ignore the B number in determining colors, throughout the site.

Wherever I can, I make backgrounds black (any grey, even dark grey, usually has a blue component) with yellow text (yellow is bright, but combines only red and green frequencies, no blue).

I also have special filters in eyeglass frames that filter out 99% of the damaging frequencies, which is especially important when doing anything outdoors, particularly on sunny days. Most blue-blocking lenses don't filter out that much.

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Market Wizard

Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 2,342
Thanks Received: 1,054

Another vote here for dark mode/theme, or at least the availability of one as a user-selected option.

I have an ongoing eye problem (nothing to do with macular degeneration mentioned above: mine is corneal) which would make that very beneficial.

It's true that there are various other potential ways of resolving such problems, but they tend to have other drawbacks and to be relatively difficult and complicated, and the availability of a dark mode/theme/background would certainly be hugely helpful.

Thanked by:

Silver Dragon 
Cincinnati Ohio
Legendary Master Data Manipulator

Platform: TastyWorks / NT
Broker: TastyWorks /NT
Trading: FX, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 6,422
Thanks Received: 5,238

The ability to save Draft posts. This would be most useful to the traders who want to keep notes throughout the day and then clean it up and put it into final post form at the end of the day.

I get interrupted quite a bit and sometimes have to stop writing mid post. I would like to be able to save it and come back to it later.

Robert

nosce te ipsum

You make your own opportunities in life.
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 14, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts