NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Tradovate's Ask Me Anything (AMA) w/Rick Tomsic (Founder) and Brian Weis (President)

Discussion in Tradovate

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Tradovate with 22 posts (58 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 16 posts (30 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Ghappy21 with 6 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 5 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Rrrracer with 3.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Tradovate with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SodyTexas with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 31,152 views
    2. thumb_up 133 thanks given
    3. group 636 followers
    1. forum 95 posts
    2. attach_file 13 attachments

Search this Thread

Tradovate's Ask Me Anything (AMA) w/Rick Tomsic (Founder) and Brian Weis (President)

salander 
orlando+florida/unitedstates

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TS, TOS
Broker: TS, TDA, TW
Trading: Micros, Options
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 5

Tradovate View Post

Tradovate now has TPO Charts, and I would suggest you give them a try.

Rick T.

I took a trial of Tradovate and was impressed with the TPO charts and how fully featured the web platform was. Hopefully the TPO charts will allow weekly/monthly profiles to be displayed soon...

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks
optionwhisperer
Pensacola

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

When you guys going to add "always on top" to the chart and dom?? Reason, a lot of us, at least I know several, just use the TV DOM, but charts from another system. When you click the other charts, the DOM disappears and is aggravating.

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

Tradovate View Post
Tradovate now has TPO Charts, and I would suggest you give them a try.

Just to say I have been using the TPO chart and have been really impressed with it as it seems quite simple in the settings panel, but has all the features I want such as changing the bar colours to what I choose, showing an IB, being able to split and merge profiles, automatic letter per tick scaling. I especially like the ability to automatically separate out the RTH session, and have it a different colour from the ETH hours.
It would be nice if the TPO count was an on/off option, but apart from that, great addition to the platform, thanks.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:
 tr8er 
Europe
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

Yep Matthew, looks good, I can see the IB and the POC, but where is the value-area (I'm sure there is a setting)

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,437
Thanks Received: 26,276

Brian, I looked at Tradovate a little while ago and it looked reasonable for what I was after (I contemplated using it for a TopStep Combine, since it's a platform that is free in the Combine and the funded account.)

I decided not to use it, because, at least at the time, you did not have time bars less than 1 minute. I know many people would regard 1-minute bars as insanely short-term, but I am a short-term trader and prefer shorter periods. I generally use 30-second bars, and was looking for this with you. Since you didn't have it, I went on to use a platform that does, but that also has a cost with TST, which was less than optimal for either of us.

I understand that you have to make your decisions based on customer demand, and also on how big an effort a given change would require, but I hope you will consider adding this flexibility to your time-based bars -- the ability to select periods in seconds, not just minutes. I have no idea what it would involve on your end, but it would have swung the decision for me at the time.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

matthew28 
United Kingdom

tr8er View Post
Yep Matthew, looks good, I can see the IB and the POC, but where is the value-area (I'm sure there is a setting)

In the previous picture it's the pale rectangles. You can have a bar (yellow), as in this picture if you prefer. Or both. I am happy with the pale rectangle.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:
 tr8er 
Europe
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TradeNavigator, BookMap
Trading: ES, CL, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 220
Thanks Received: 709

thank you Matthew, I guess my eyes were not able to see this "pale rectangle", now I can see it, thx.

Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom

bobwest View Post
Brian, I looked at Tradovate a little while ago and it looked reasonable for what I was after (I contemplated using it for a TopStep Combine, since it's a platform that is free in the Combine and the funded account.)

I decided not to use it, because, at least at the time, you did not have time bars less than 1 minute. I know many people would regard 1-minute bars as insanely short-term, but I am a short-term trader and prefer shorter periods. I generally use 30-second bars, and was looking for this with you.

Hi Bob. Obviously not Tradovate so only answering because I opened my platform to do a screenshot for Tr8er and thought I'd answer your question at the same time.
The new charts have seconds (currently in beta but available in the standard platform, or the desktop version at least). Clicking on that in the drop down menu brought up a box to enter the value required. You can go from one second up. I tried 30 as shown as you mentioned that timeframe.

Thanked by:

Tradovate  Tradovate is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: Tradovate
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: Tradovate Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 73

bobwest View Post

I decided not to use it, because, at least at the time, you did not have time bars less than 1 minute. I know many people would regard 1-minute bars as insanely short-term, but I am a short-term trader and prefer shorter periods. I generally use 30-second bars, and was looking for this with you. Since you didn't have it, I went on to use a platform that does, but that also has a cost with TST, which was less than optimal for either of us.

I understand that you have to make your decisions based on customer demand, and also on how big an effort a given change would require, but I hope you will consider adding this flexibility to your time-based bars -- the ability to select periods in seconds, not just minutes. I have no idea what it would involve on your end, but it would have swung the decision for me at the time.

Bob.

Bob,

Apologies for missing this question yesterday. Thank you @matthew28 for jumping in there!

Seconds-based charts were added in our September 13, 2019 release

We're constantly listening to customer requests (via our community request forum) and evaluating market trends and needs and updating/improving the platform. You can keep an eye on what we're adding in each release in our public release notes: https://www.tradovate.com:443/platform/tradovate-release-notes/

Brian W.

Tradovate, LLC
d: 312.283.3100 e: [email protected] w: tradovate.com

Futures and options trading involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

Hi guys,

It is my pleasure to welcome Trevor Harnett (veteran trader and developer), sponsored by Tradovate, for our 410th webinar event, on Thursday, January 28th @ 4:30 PM Eastern US.

The title for the event is "Finding Trading Opportunities Using Profile Charts", and bullet points include:

Discover how futures traders use TPO Profile charts to identify trading opportunities. TPO charts allow the user to analyze the amount of trading activity, based on time for each level the market traded at, for any given period of time. This allows you to easily see the areas where the market is trading most of the time and helps you analyze price, volume, and time in a single chart.

- What Are TPO Charts
- How Are TPO Charts Used By Traders
- How to Open and read TPO Charts
- How to Configure TPO Charts & Common Customizable Settings

Register for this event:
https://on.nexusfi.com/s4iuf

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on December 4, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts