NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Tradovate's Ask Me Anything (AMA) w/Rick Tomsic (Founder) and Brian Weis (President)

Discussion in Tradovate

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Tradovate with 22 posts (58 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 16 posts (30 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Ghappy21 with 6 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 matthew28 with 5 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Rrrracer with 3.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Tradovate with 2.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SodyTexas with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 31,152 views
    2. thumb_up 133 thanks given
    3. group 636 followers
    1. forum 95 posts
    2. attach_file 13 attachments

Search this Thread

Tradovate's Ask Me Anything (AMA) w/Rick Tomsic (Founder) and Brian Weis (President)

Tradovate  Tradovate is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: Tradovate
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: Tradovate Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 73

dsheehan87 View Post
Does Tradovate adjust exchange fees down for those who lease CBOT seats? I can’t find any info on that on your site.

Yes, Tradovate supports exchange memberships. If you buy or lease an exchange membership, your exchange fees are adjusted accordingly.

Tradovate, LLC
d: 312.283.3100 e: [email protected] w: tradovate.com

Futures and options trading involves substantial risk of loss and is not suitable for all investors.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

Fonz 
Miami, Fl

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, Jigsaw
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 64

Hello,

I am actually on a test period with a 14 day demo with Tradovate. So far I like what I see.
But, I need to be able to plot on a chart, classic pivot points with specific hours (like custom sessions) daily, weekly and monthly. As I am not a programmer, I am looking for a "ready to use" solution. Not having to use another charting service would be great.
Any suggestion? Should I hire a programmer?
Thank you for your help,
Best!

LateLoan30 

Security Issues with Tradovate's Support

I thought I would post this so others would be aware of this. Tradovate's support apparently doesn't have a clue when it comes to customer's security.

I was setting up a new account with them, and one of the reps asked me to email them one of my documents with sensitive info on it. I replied and told him how horrible this was, security-wise. I was then told that I could attach my documents via my account, which was obviously much preferred. But I got no response regarding that, no apologies, nothing.

Later on, after I got my account setup and was trying to get my bank's ACH setup, another different rep suggested that I do the very same thing again, attach my bank's account # info to an email and send it to them.

Obviously I won't be using them anymore. And hopefully other people can heed this warning regarding them.

They are straight up going to either get someone's identity or money stolen by suggesting things like this.

I tried to warn their support multiple times about this, and also asked for a manger to to warn them as well.
But no one seem to care about letting me talk to a manager about this issue.
So, as a result, I've posted this same message here and and reddit, and left a neg review on trustpilot for other customers to be weary of.
Its sad because I was really looking forward to using them.
But now I just don't trust them if they can't even handle something so small and simple properly.
-Chris

EgoRisk 
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8, Bookmap
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 198

flashforge View Post
Security Issues with Tradovate's Support

I thought I would post this so others would be aware of this. Tradovate's support apparently doesn't have a clue when it comes to customer's security.

I was setting up a new account with them, and one of the reps asked me to email them one of my documents with sensitive info on it. I replied and told him how horrible this was, security-wise. I was then told that I could attach my documents via my account, which was obviously much preferred. But I got no response regarding that, no apologies, nothing.

Later on, after I got my account setup and was trying to get my bank's ACH setup, another different rep suggested that I do the very same thing again, attach my bank's account # info to an email and send it to them.

Obviously I won't be using them anymore. And hopefully other people can heed this warning regarding them.

They are straight up going to either get someone's identity or money stolen by suggesting things like this.

I tried to warn their support multiple times about this, and also asked for a manger to to warn them as well.
But no one seem to care about letting me talk to a manager about this issue.
So, as a result, I've posted this same message here and and reddit, and left a neg review on trustpilot for other customers to be weary of.
Its sad because I was really looking forward to using them.
But now I just don't trust them if they can't even handle something so small and simple properly.
-Chris

This is actually a halfway decent-sized problem, if it is true. I am not certain, but this could possibly---possibly, not probably---be a violation of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. But I'm not at all certain. And this assumes the above facts are true. See The Safeguards Rule

The approved solution to this is to have a secure document upload for clients to use. Lenders typically use this method.

It appears Tradovate has this, based on op's post. Which means, the problem is in the training of support staff.

This problem is easily fixed, and I would recommend it gets fixed promptly. I cannot understand how some young support-staff person, who grew up with the internet his/her whole life, would fathom the idea of sending sensitive info via email. That's patently absurd.

Everyone in this modern world should know that the contents of all of your emails (unless you use end to end encryption / public-private key type stuff) are plainly visible to anyone who wants to view them, once the email is sent over the wire to an external smtp server.

Again, I am not an expert.

Edit: to be clear, I fault the support staff person rather than Tradovate the company. You can only tell someone what to do so many times.

Thanked by:
 LateLoan30 

Yes, agreed 100%! After I denied emailing those documents, and telling their support staff that they should NEVER ask customers to do this...only then did they offer me to upload my sensitive docs via their web portal, which I did. I've worked for a company that handled sensitive docs like this, and we also had a support staff. And they were well trained on NOT doing things like this. So, it's pretty appalling to see it happen to them.
I just hope that this doesn't keep happening and some customer ends up getting taken by some hacker over this.

LateLoan30 

I missed and then reread one of your lines earlier.
"I cannot understand how some young support-staff person, who grew up with the internet his/her whole life, would fathom the idea of sending sensitive info via email. That's patently absurd."
Well said.

LateLoan30 

For whatever its worth, this feels like your typical company that cuts too many corners and the support staff is the lowest on the priority list for them.
I would guess their support is probably under-staffed and under-appreciated for what all they do, in helping to keep the bread and butter coming in.
I came from a small company like this. The owner cared way more about his profits than he did about his customers or staff.

whuffo 
Dallas, TX USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Charts
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 27

So how often do your servers crash like they did today at around 2:50pm CDT?

I'm doing an eval with TradeDay and fortunately was not in a position but I did miss on the 20pt dive that happened at 3:01pm. It would seem the desktop and phone apps are just wrappers for the web app, right? So when your side goes down, nothing will work other than calling the trade desk, which I'm not going to do on just an eval.

Ghappy21
plano TX/USA

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 66

whuffo. I was highly active on Tradovate at that exact time. All was fine. I am on the desktop app. I use Tradvoate every day, all day. Very reliable. I have Motivewave and TOS up at the same time. If there was an issue with Tradovate, it would be obvious to me. I trade frequently, so eyes are on screen a lot. Maybe the web app is different but I do not use it.

Ghappy21
plano TX/USA

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 66

whuffo Also, to catch one of those instant 20 pt dives is difficult. Large institutions trade based on MICRO seconds. A blink of an eye is 200 MILLI seconds. A millisecond has 1,000 micro seconds. One needs to have an order standing, at CME, stop or limit, to catch a super fast move. Fast clicking will leave you way far behind the price movement.

Last Updated on December 4, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts