NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TST/OneUp/LeeLoo/Earn2Trade

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one EminiTraderCBOT with 23 posts (7 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 12 posts (54 thanks)
    3. looks_3 matthew28 with 12 posts (33 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Howard Roark with 9 posts (8 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 4.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Merkd1904 with 3.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 matthew28 with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SBtrader82 with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 52,547 views
    2. thumb_up 297 thanks given
    3. group 45 followers
    1. forum 140 posts
    2. attach_file 7 attachments

TST/OneUp/LeeLoo/Earn2Trade

Phoenixoboros 
Paris France

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart,TradeStation
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: CME Futures & US Treasury Bonds Futures (week) and Bitcoin (week-end)
Thanks Given: 95
Thanks Received: 65

Are funded accounts orders really submitted to the exchanges and make it into the orderbook?
A prop firm funding talent recently went down, and they didn't even submit funded account orders to the exchanges, it was all simulated in their virtual book.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Bookmap
Broker: Stage 5, Rithmic
Trading: US Equity Index Futures
Thanks Given: 3,500
Thanks Received: 2,532

Phoenixoboros View Post
Are funded accounts orders really submitted to the exchanges and make it into the orderbook?
A prop firm funding talent recently went down, and they didn't even submit funded account orders to the exchanges, it was all simulated in their virtual book.

All the main firms are clear about whether the traders are on sim accounts, how long they stay on sim for and if the company moves will them on to real funded accounts; or whether they start on real funded accounts straight away once passing the program.
There is lots of discussion in each of the company threads, and in this thread, and the details are in each of the Company's FAQs.

When the trader is offered a choice of account type, whether sim or real then I know Topstep for instance (as I have experience with them), provide comprehensive details on the Sim accounts: Pro Account, Express Account which then transfer int to a real Premium Funded Account once the maximum balance is reached; or the original Funded Account.

Nobody is going to end up trading a sim account unknowingly, firstly as said before in these threads, the trader gets paid so what's the problem anyway, but because it is very easy to tell if one is on a sim account and check whether orders are being submitted so no company is going to be caught out with such an obvious reputation damaging lie trying to pass off a real account as sim.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

Phoenixoboros View Post

It is best to be specific about these things. "A prop firm" could be anything.

I think it is natural enough to be skeptical about anything in trading, but not every firm is necessarily the same, and not everything is necessarily fake. If the question is whether "funded accounts" are only using simulated orders, what firm is being talked about, and what is the reason for the question?

As @matthew28 just mentioned, it is easy to tell: enter a limit order far from the current market and see if it appears on the DOM. If so, that one really made it to the exchange. Simple. This experiment has been done and referenced a few times now, and in the case of that firm (it was Topstep), the order showed up on the DOM, so it was real and not sim.

However, many firms now have complicated arrangements they offer, including sim accounts they will pay out on, so which firm and which variation a person is talking about may matter.

Being specific, and as factual as possible, is a good idea. And not every firm is necessarily the same as any other.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

Phoenixoboros 
Paris France

bobwest View Post
It is best to be specific about these things. "A prop firm" could be anything.

I think it is natural enough to be skeptical about anything in trading, but not every firm is necessarily the same, and not everything is necessarily fake. If the question is whether "funded accounts" are only using simulated orders, what firm is being talked about, and what is the reason for the question?

As @matthew28 just mentioned, it is easy to tell: enter a limit order far from the current market and see if it appears on the DOM. If so, that one really made it to the exchange. Simple. This experiment has been done and referenced a few times now, and in the case of that firm (it was Topstep), the order showed up on the DOM, so it was real and not sim.

However, many firms now have complicated arrangements they offer, including sim accounts they will pay out on, so which firm and which variation a person is talking about may matter.

Being specific, and as factual as possible, is a good idea. And not every firm is necessarily the same as any other.

Bob.

Meant futures trading funding companies like the ones discussed here, LeeLoo, Apex Trader Funding, TickTickTrader, etc...

Placing a limit order in the orderbook was exactly the test I had in mind, I don't have an account in any of those companies so that's the information I was looking for from anyone who is funded by one of them.

Phoenixoboros 
Paris France

This is a follow-up on my last post as I passed the evaluation and got funded with Leeloo, and as expected it's still a simulation environment the orders don't show up in the orderbook.

matthew28 
United Kingdom

Phoenixoboros View Post
I passed the evaluation and got funded with Leeloo, and as expected it's still a simulation environment the orders don't show up in the orderbook.

How long did it take them to set up the account after you passed the evaluation?
A real account will probably take 7-10 days.

How much did LeeLoo charge you in CME professional data fees each month?
The CME collects professional data fees from a trader funded by somebody else's money, ie a funding company such as the ones listed in this thread title. Topstep for instance quote $116/exchange for somebody using Ninja and Rithmic which is what LeeLoo uses I believe.

How many exchanges do you have access to with the account they gave you?
All four CME exchanges would cost $464/month for CME, CBOT, NYMEX and COMEX products. LeeLoo isn't going to pay that itself if you aren't.

Lots of these companies that followed the initial company in to the market claimed that they didn't charge CME professional data fees in their funded accounts, presumably that is because they are actually sim accounts.

You do not win as a trader, you just get to play again the next day. If that game doesn’t appeal to you then you should not trade. Gary Norden
Thanked by:

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Thanks Given: 2,342
Thanks Received: 1,054

Phoenixoboros View Post
I passed the evaluation and got funded with Leeloo, and as expected it's still a simulation environment the orders don't show up in the orderbook.

Well done, anyway.

To be fair to Leeloo, the wording on their website does say "simulation" (even where describing the so-called "funded" accounts).

They don't actually claim anywhere (that I can find) that it's a live account with a broker. In other words, I think they're not actually a "funding" company at all, (which they do claim to be).

In contrast, FTMO - for example - operate what appears to me to be a very similar process, but they're very open and honest about it and don't actually claim to be "funding" anyone.

Thanked by:

kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,890
Thanks Received: 7,338

In an age where every platform offers a free simulator, it is amazing that "pay for a simulator" is such a good business model, but here we are...

Follow me on Twitter

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Thanks Given: 2,342
Thanks Received: 1,054

kevinkdog View Post
it is amazing that "pay for a simulator" is such a good business model

That's clearly what it boils down to, much of the time.

But in some cases, a simulator from which people can earn profits and get paid out in real money.

I see this business model is being very similar to that of the (few well regulated) spot forex "brokers" whose customers are effectively trading on a simulator, in that they're dealing in the firms' "own products" rather than in any real market, but the forex firms (at least, the properly regulated ones) offset their own net liabilities in a real market, so that they can always pay out the winners, and don't care - within reason - which customers win and lose, knowing that (to put it mildly) there are always far more losers than winners in the long run.

Some of these "pseudo-prop-firms", for want of a better label, are clearly doing something very closely related.

Some of them even say so, openly (again, I'm thinking of FTMO), while covering their bets and making most of their profits on the fees of those failing the various challenges (about which, again, some are open and honest).

Thanked by:

matthew28 
United Kingdom

kevinkdog View Post
In an age where every platform offers a free simulator, it is amazing that "pay for a simulator" is such a good business model, but here we are...

People pay to take a test for an opportunity to receive a funded account.
If one passed the test and chose a company that offered either a real funded account route or the quicker to set up and pro data fee free sim account option, and then chose the latter, they receive real money for their sim profits.
I have never had a trading platform simulator pay out real money if I get a high score, but maybe you have...

Thanked by:

Last Updated on May 12, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts