NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Simple Setups - Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Locust with 37 posts (44 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 6 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Eric j with 5 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bizman70 with 3 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Locust with 1.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two cory with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Eric j with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 17,076 views
    2. thumb_up 51 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 68 posts
    2. attach_file 28 attachments

Search this Thread

Simple Setups - Journal

vegasfoster 
las vegas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Velocity/IB
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 304
Thanks Received: 844

aligator View Post
I am trading a variation of the "Clear Method" with success and was glad to see someone finally wrote about it in a recent TASC issue.

I downloaded an indicator off of Richard's blog, but really haven't looked at it too much. My search hasn't turned up very much, can I ask where you learned about it? Thanks.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
need some ninjascript help
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

vegasfoster View Post
I downloaded an indicator off of Richard's blog, but really haven't looked at it too much. My search hasn't turned up very much, can I ask where you learned about it? Thanks.

TRADERS’ TIPS - September 2010

Thanked by:

Locust 
Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Quanthouse, Multicharts
Broker: IB / IQ / EBS-ETS
Trading: FDAX, FGBL, FGBM, CL, ES
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 114

Suppose that once a week, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all of them comes to £100.
If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes and claim State benefits, it would go something like this;

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing. The fifth would pay £1.
The sixth would pay £3.
The seventh would pay £7.
The eighth would pay £12.
The ninth would pay £18.
And the tenth man (the richest) would pay £59.

So, that’s what they decided to do. The ten men drank in the bar every week and seemed quite happy with the arrangement until, one day, the owner caused them a little problem. “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your weekly beer by £20.” Drinks for the ten men would now cost just £80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free but what about the other six men; the paying customers? How could they divide the £20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?

They realised that £20 divided by six is £3.33 but if they subtracted that from everybody’s share then not only would the first four men still be drinking for free but the fifth and sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer.

So the bar owner suggested a different system.
The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing.
The sixth man paid £2 instead of £3.
The seventh paid £5 instead of £7.
The eighth paid £9 instead of £12.
The ninth paid £14 instead of £18.
And the tenth man now paid £49 instead of £59.

Each of the last six was better off than before with the first four continuing to drink for free.

But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings. “I only got £1 out of the £20 saving,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, “but he got £10!”

“Yes, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a £1 too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!”

“That’s true!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get £10 back, when I only got £2? The rich get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison, “we didn’t get anything at all. This new system exploits the poor!”

So, the nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

Funnily enough, the next week the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had their beers without him.

But when it came to pay for their drinks, they discovered something important – they didn’t have enough money between all of them to pay for even half the bill.

That’s how our tax system works. The people who already pay the highest taxes do tend to get the most benefit from tax reliefs and reductions. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy and they just might not show up anymore.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Locust

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

trs3042 
Holland, Michigan

Experience: None
Platform: ninjatrader
Broker: CQG
Trading: Acoustic Guitar
Thanks Given: 23,764
Thanks Received: 5,616

Locust View Post
Suppose that once a week, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all of them comes to £100.
If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes and claim State benefits, it would go something like this;

The sixth would pay £3.
The ninth would pay £18.

So, that’s what they decided to do. The ten men drank in the bar every week and seemed quite happy with the arrangement until, one day, the owner caused them a little problem. “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I’m going to reduce the cost of your weekly beer by £20.” Drinks for the ten men would now cost just £80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes. So the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free but what about the other six men; the paying customers? How could they divide the £20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?

They realised that £20 divided by six is £3.33 but if they subtracted that from everybody’s share then not only would the first four men still be drinking for free but the fifth and sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer.

Each of the last six was better off than before with the first four continuing to drink for free.

But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings. “I only got £1 out of the £20 saving,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, “but he got £10!”

“Yes, that’s right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a £1 too. It’s unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!”

“That’s true!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get £10 back, when I only got £2? The rich get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison, “we didn’t get anything at all. This new system exploits the poor!”

Funnily enough, the next week the tenth man didn’t show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had their beers without him.

But when it came to pay for their drinks, they discovered something important – they didn’t have enough money between all of them to pay for even half the bill.

That’s how our tax system works. The people who already pay the highest taxes do tend to get the most benefit from tax reliefs and reductions. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy and they just might not show up anymore.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

That my friend says it all. Nothing left to say.

Rick

torroray 
Malaysia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Multichart DT
Broker: MB Trading
Trading: Fx
Thanks Given: 52
Thanks Received: 61

Does it work with Ninja 7

Marqui
San Diego

Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 6

Locust View Post

As an update to this story, the new bartender (Obama) came by and announced that the price of beer would be going up by £10 to cover additional 'expenses.' Since the richest man received the majority of the savings, the first 9 men decided that the simplest solution would be for the rich man increase his share from £49 back to £59. After all, that was the amount he had been willing to pay prior to the reduction in the cost of beer.

If the rich man did not leave the first time, he definitely will this time. How many times does he have to get beaten up? Well, either that or everyone will suddenly stop drinking beer and start drinking tea.

zzoom
UK

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 0

Locust View Post

The sixth would pay £3.
The ninth would pay £18.

What you forgot to mention is that the 10th man was in fact the bar owner, and he had a very creative accountant...

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

zzoom View Post
What you forgot to mention is that the 10th man was in fact the bar owner, and he had a very creative accountant...

Yes. And the 'BEER' didn't actually go up. It went down in cost, but the Patrons believed the Bartender.

This is a socio-political statement and from my perspective if EVERYONE started with the same playing field and same physical and mental ability then taxes should be even across the board.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

aligator 
Las Vegas, NV
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Abacus, Slide Rule, HP-65
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 1,071
Thanks Received: 5,988

No worry, the 10th man will show up again, after all he is the only one who can afford more drinks. He is a wealthoholic - very much like an alcoholic looking for another drink - he is looking for more wealth and will only show up where there is potential for gains. Heck, he might even buy the brewery and sell his beer on credit to those who can't afford it. He is not worry at all if everyone default, his buddies in the "Friends of the Beer Makers Association" will buy all his empty bottles at filled value (at the expense of the unborn alcoholics) and give them back to him for free to refill. He should love to buy drinks for alcoholics as he aquire more breweries.

Happy Holidays to All....

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on December 22, 2010

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts