NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Any good traders on YouTube?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SBtrader82 with 18 posts (50 thanks)
    2. looks_two faithdefender with 16 posts (15 thanks)
    3. looks_3 phantomtrader with 16 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TheTradeSlinger with 13 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two 1BSD with 3.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SBtrader82 with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SpeculatorSeth with 2.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 88,973 views
    2. thumb_up 570 thanks given
    3. group 743 followers
    1. forum 331 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Any good traders on YouTube?

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,207
Thanks Received: 101,599

As I recall, well documented in the reviews thread.
Tangotx View Post
Mike, would you care to expand no your post?

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
26 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
21 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
19 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
9 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,207
Thanks Received: 101,599

Just with a space. System is smart.
SBtrader82 View Post
@bobwest thanks a lot for the clarification, how do I mention someone whose name is made of two words ? does the system recognize the name after the "@" even if it's made of multiple words?

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,421
Thanks Received: 26,276

SBtrader82 View Post
@bobwest thanks a lot for the clarification, how do I mention someone whose name is made of two words ? does the system recognize the name after the "@" even if it's made of multiple words?

Yes, if there's a space within the name in the system, then that's what the system is actually going to match on.

So, with apologies to Joseph Conners for tagging him so many times, it the person's name has a space, just type one "@" and then the whole name, space and all. The space is a character and is part of the name.

That's how I tagged Joseph Conners in my post up above. You can tell that the system found a match, because the whole name, both words, is rendered in bold italic underline.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

Platform: Ninjatrader, MT4
Broker: IB, Global Prime
Trading: Futures CFDs
Thanks Given: 975
Thanks Received: 637

Snydes112 View Post
I didn’t know mentioning his name would bring about this much vitriol. Let me say that I’ve been through almost everyone mentioned in this thread on youtube and I’ve used my own discretion to see if what they were teaching or conveying actually worked in the futures markets. I don’t advocate anyone paying anything whether that’s a membership or trade room as there are plenty of free educational resources to learn how to trade. The most important method IMO is endlessly spending time with the charts and figuring it out on your own as far as market structure and price action is concerned. If anyone has done anything illegal they should be prosecuted and held accountable. The most frustrating thing about the trading community is the hypocrisy. We are ultimately trying to find an edge so we can take other people’s money so in general we aren’t in the most noble profession to begin with.

Yes I think one of the big problems with social media in particular is the false expectations the really bad perpetrators portray.

The reality is your profit is the difference between your profits minus your losses and expenses. They dont talk about that.

They only talk about secret entries. And dollar profits.

Newbies are attracted to that like flies to...

I think the mismatch maybe partly due to the fact that great marketers aren't necessarily good traders and great traders maybe aren't the best marketers.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

paps View Post
Just a change of mind?....there probably is a saying...never judge a book by its cover.

There are myraid of reasons one who could be on insta/fb or utube for that matter can be or not be a good trader. Since we are a seeker...if the person provides value...0 harm in listening or him or her. if no value...u move on.
there is a typicaly rule i follow. within 2 mins of talking to someone you should know if the person really trades or has traded. since its a utube vid....give a few more mins & u will know if there is value. If there is value and the person gives u the info u were looking for....is there a any harm of giving benefit of doubt n going thru the content.
I feel we as a socitey are in a age of instant gratification. Infact as a trader....that is sometimes the hardest thing to overcome. i feel that way....not sure of your opinion.

I find social media as a boon....to seek out people who are masters at their game. where does it say a trader or a doctor or a world class internet marketeer should not be on utube. Its a perspective. Garyvee is someone i follow for he makes sense to me. He is on almost every social media platform. Look in todays age if u not online...u r simply wrong.

Many traders have this feel this person is on social media...so he /she is a looser./snake oil yes it maybe....but how long does it take to move on from that person?....less than a min.
the whole world during covid has turned digital. people who were not...have had a tougher time to adjust?. in that case.....there are tons of guys making a killing of utube....by way of email marketing & what not.....but to the original question. yes there is good content even on trading on utube....is there a doubt about it. Seeking takes time and i would say....even if all content is not great but a creator has 2mins out of 200mins he/she has posted....damn i will take that 2 mins hand down any day...all day and give credit...why not...i learnt something new.

If the expectation is set at damn....i'll base my trades of what he/she is saying....let me tell u this. u can sit next to the worlds best trader and still loose?. if you dont think so....pls analyse why i am saying that. the scale/complexity and the way a good trader will trade more than often cannot be replicated and their risk tolerance may/may not be suitable. hence am not sure....if one can watch a video and decide if someone trades good?..bad...or outright lying ugly.
Well this is just my personal view.....i saw this post & have been off fio for long...thought wil give my 2cs n move on. sorry if i offended...that was not the intent.

the last is the best. when given free...most have 0 value for it.
if i gave u my watch....for free....n the perceived value of the watch is 2000$....one would look me up n down and curse me...thinking am giving a fake watch. thats how free is....at times....good traders also do not do stuff free i would think...simply due to this reason.
fio on utube too....i guess many find value in the countless videos...i know for sure i have watched many and especially stuff on order flow. if one is a good dr. one still finds value when another dr talks. i guess so in trading. but if one cannot find value...it is correct to move on. rather than belitting someone or something.
and there are various other things....but main thing i atleast approach life n same in trading...
if there is value...i will take it free or not. no value....even if free....flush it down.

Paps ths is the BEST POST Ive read in years! I had to read it twice it was so good.

I read a ton and I always say if I take one idea away from a book it was a good book.

Now time is valuable so I'm not going to waste it reading garbage (or watching a farmer looking guy with a man bun when clearly he's full of a smelly brown substance per say) but the ideas the same. I mention him because he's constantly advertising OVER real content.

You said so much about life as well as trading. The one tiny thing I would like to add is newbies DON'T KNOW what they DON'T KNOW and these A$$HOLES prey on that.

Now I'm going to back and read again. It was that good.

Thank you Paps!

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

Sandpaddict View Post
Paps ths is the BEST POST Ive read in years! I had to read it twice it was so good.

I read a ton and I always say if I take one idea away from a book it was a good book.

Now time is valuable so I'm not going to waste it reading garbage (or watching a farmer looking guy with a man bun when clearly he's full of a smelly brown substance per say) but the ideas the same. I mention him because he's constantly advertising OVER real content.

You said so much about life as well as trading. The one tiny thing I would like to add is newbies DON'T KNOW what they DON'T KNOW and these A$$HOLES prey on that.

Now I'm going to back and read again. It was that good.

Thank you Paps!

One other thing I ment to mention was you made a MASSIVE distinction which took me YEARS and most recently I might add to REALLY TRULY understand.

And I have to constantly remind myself that...

"YOU CAN SIT BESIDE THE GREATEST TRADER IN THE WORLD AND STILL LOSE MONEY!"

If this truism dosen't give you pause. Make you think. Or deeply move you. You don't get it. Go ahead and watch all the youtube in the world.

Again Paps I can't thank you enough.

Thanked by:

AlexSobol 
Sumy, Ukraine

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Thanks Given: 113
Thanks Received: 105

I think journals on this site have much more value than some youtuber who "teaches" how to trade. Journals more honest simply because author doesn't wanna sell you something.

Thanked by:
redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 426

Snydes112 View Post
Knowledge is power and and if you have a piece of knowledge that the other participants don’t you are taking advantage of their ignorance. Just as I could charge a kid $100 bucks for a snickers bar and he willingly pays that price. There’s nothing illegal about that it’s just that kid doesn’t know the market value of a Snickers bar. Such is the advantage seasoned traders/investors have over newbs.

And you also stated the following "We are ultimately trying to find an edge so we can take other people’s money so in general we aren’t in the most noble profession to begin with".

Yes, marketeers can con people. Those conned folks hopefully learn their lesson and don't repeat history.

The reason, I do not find traders to be hypocrites or less than noble than any other person in the working world is this:

1. You assume that there is always a loser. That is partially inaccurate. For instance, I may have gone long 2 days ago. The market is up, I want to sell my position just as you are ready to buy. I take my profit and you look to make a profit. No "loser" in this situation.
2. Just like any other business, there is healthy competition. I might sell my product 2% cheaper than you sell yours. You might not like it. But it's called free enterprise. If you don't like free enterprise, don't compete in the market, take an hourly job somewhere.
3. When 2 individuals enter the boxing ring, only one is going to come out a winner. And... They each knew that before entering the ring. They are both honorable in their pursuits.

If a trader, new or seasoned, has unrealistic expectations, they are no different than many others that enter a profession that have to take some blows til they wise up.

From my point of view, in general, traders are to be commended. If they have the wherewithal to embrace one of the most difficult fields and stick to it. they should be considered noble. They are not being spoon fed by being employed by someone else. There is something very noble about an person that might spend years learning a craft and not get one red cent. This learning curve is hundreds of times more difficult that a person that enters an apprenticeship. At least they get paid a bit while someone else teaches them.

This perspective comes from 35 years as a self-employed builder. About 1/2 of the builders that I rubbed shoulder with were burdened with jealousy. They did not like competition. They were not friendly. The other half were friendly. They were just trying to make a living like everyone else in the world. I enjoyed a sense of comradery with them. They could respect me and vice versa. Some were better at some aspects than me and I was better then them at other aspects of the building trade.

I am happy for the traders that make the money that they desire. Everyone is invited to the party. It's a game of competition just like in building.

Less than noble for competing, well not in my opinion.

Back to the charts! Don't you just love it?

Ps. Any healthy person that gets of their backside and goes out and is industrious, by whatever legal means, is noble. The plumber is just as noble as a firefighter.

Thanked by:
mluka
Montréal, Canada

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 11

Tyro View Post
Back to youtube.

There are a lot of "LIVE" traders on the youtube, facebook. ...

Yeah. "Live" with NinjaTrader's Market Replay Connection!

Ha ha ha!

gianuk
London

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 5

It is quite obvious that mentors who set up a website and a community of people, do so to make some extra cash_
Some do it also to become popular and there is nothing wrong with that.
It is often thought that trading is a lonely business, hence mentors set up a websites to trade in community.
One can say, well not all mentors do that, but i would say all mentors do that, but i separate them into categories_
The Singaporean Rayner at least was honest enough to admit it in one of his videos_

-There are mentors who are real traders and provide a good analysis.. they've probably learned from someone else, and they felt confident to show it to others, and of course are happy to get that extra cash from all subscribers which is fair enough as they invest their time and energy to do so_
-Some of them are good traders and they'll show live trades taken online, and of course they never take the trade in front of the community, they use the other screen and if the trade goes well they'll show it to us, if it's a loser they don't, as simple as that_

Have you seen on you tube,,, i know a couple of people for ex: that post for 2/3 days in a row live trades being taken, and then you don't see them for a week or so. What does that mean? Did the guy not post cos he had losing trades, or did he not post for other reasons?
-I have been in quite a few live trading rooms as i wanted to choose which one suited me best, and have noticed that when the coach shows his trades, they are often trades that he closed whitin seconds, more like scalping_

-Some others advertise as trading signals, but when you get into their room they will say the idea is given and it is your responsibility to decide and do your own analysis_
-Other traders like to play more with people's psychology and prefer to call their community a family, so that if something should go wrong, the subscriber should at least feel loved by the community and the mentor_
Smiling and being always positive is a nice defensive sweet weapon against any future repercussion. Can you hate someone who is nice to you, Even if the coach is bad? No you won't!
Can you think of reporting and posting a bad review on Trust pilot to someone who had helped you when you lost trades, because of his bad trading method?

Sorry for the person who got cheated by JJ., however imho i could suspect that he is faking on ninja trader by taking trades with the replay mode, as no time/date is shown on the charts_ Also he will not show what time frames in ticks he uses when he actually takes the trade, (which i know is between 800-1500) but he does show his time frame of 7000 tick on Es and 3000/4000 ticks on Gold when he does his analysis_
Did you know that BnL is now millionaire? did you know who was his master_ His master in disguise was Joseph james, and this can found in Bnl's personal interview with Antony Crudele on youtube_
He got so frustrated by JJ fake fills that he decided to study and he made it on his own_

-Want a good advice? Before choosing a mentor, don't even trust reviews, as they can be bought_ I personally go on the twittter of that particular mentor and do a search with the twitter stats to see how many fake followers he has. This is accessible to anyone and it is free_ Then i subscribe, i start to follow people there and when i get the right chance i message and ask questions to real traders who bought his course_
I am now subscribed to a new Live room and i love it... i had unsubscribed from the previous room the owner was obsessed always talking about the vaccine, and kept on putting his price up every 6 months or so_ He does a new option course, and boom price up, he invites new people to work and says that his course is now more valuable and boom again price up.

People pay hundreds for a trading room and people choose big communities because they think they do well, but having thousands of subscribers means only one thing, less time for the coach to care for your questions.... His more experienced traders will get the extra to answer.
Balanced communities with a fair mentor are fine and i wouldn't pay more than 80-100 usd for it. (per month)
I never trust those websites who do not show price and you need to email them to get the price_
Some live rooms are cheap and they propose you internal courses to buy for 3/4K for 2 weeks or less_
All this messy and frustrating situations eventually will help the shrewd ones to properly study the market and become their own guru.
About me i study every day and i am happy to trade with a small community where you can exchange trade ideas and levels_ Having a strategies and knowing what to look for stacks the odds in our favor and the rest is all about probabilities.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 30, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts