NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Any good traders on YouTube?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SBtrader82 with 18 posts (50 thanks)
    2. looks_two faithdefender with 16 posts (15 thanks)
    3. looks_3 phantomtrader with 16 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TheTradeSlinger with 13 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two 1BSD with 3.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SBtrader82 with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SpeculatorSeth with 2.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 87,516 views
    2. thumb_up 570 thanks given
    3. group 743 followers
    1. forum 331 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Any good traders on YouTube?

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,173
Thanks Received: 101,537

Snydes112 View Post
Joseph James School of Trade. You can subscribe to his news letter which he sends out most evenings for analysis in ES, CL, and Gold. He got in trouble years ago doing dicey things with his membership but I will say he has a good understanding of technical analysis. His breakdown of ranges and range expansions really helped my trading and the newsletter is free. He gives out tons of examples.

He has stolen our content and knows it. Avoid.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 kevinkdog   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 1,890
Thanks Received: 7,338

SBtrader82 View Post
Same thing happened to Jason Bond.

Not yet (just temporarily shutdown right now). That is an ongoing investigation. But it might end up that way (or worse).

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

Sandpaddict 
Vancouver, Canada

Platform: Ninjatrader, MT4
Broker: IB, Global Prime
Trading: Futures CFDs
Thanks Given: 975
Thanks Received: 637

This question should be "Who on YouTube should be avoided" as there are 1000's of hours of great content on YouTube as there are all over the internet.

Also its too vague of a question. Good traders? Good traders arent necessarily good teachers. And teachers of what? Basics? Fundamentals? Technical Analysis? A strategy? Risk management? Psychology? Trading records? Backtesting?

So far the only posts Id listen to are the AVOIDS.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Snydes112 
Newport News

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL,GC,NQ
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 3

Sandpaddict View Post
This question should be "Who on YouTube should be avoided" as there are 1000's of hours of great content on YouTube as there are all over the internet.

Also its too vague of a question. Good traders? Good traders arent necessarily good teachers. And teachers of what? Basics? Fundamentals? Technical Analysis? A strategy? Risk management? Psychology? Trading records? Backtesting?

So far the only posts Id listen to are the AVOIDS.

I didn’t know mentioning his name would bring about this much vitriol. Let me say that I’ve been through almost everyone mentioned in this thread on youtube and I’ve used my own discretion to see if what they were teaching or conveying actually worked in the futures markets. I don’t advocate anyone paying anything whether that’s a membership or trade room as there are plenty of free educational resources to learn how to trade. The most important method IMO is endlessly spending time with the charts and figuring it out on your own as far as market structure and price action is concerned. If anyone has done anything illegal they should be prosecuted and held accountable. The most frustrating thing about the trading community is the hypocrisy. We are ultimately trying to find an edge so we can take other people’s money so in general we aren’t in the most noble profession to begin with.

Thanked by:
 Tyro 
Houston Texas

Platform: Sierra Chart, TOS
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 30

Snydes112 View Post
We are ultimately trying to find an edge so we can take other people’s money so in general we aren’t in the most noble profession to begin with.

That is one perspective. When I trade (important concept) I enter the market and transfer/exchange/buy contracts/stocks with a willing entity. We both believe we are correct in our assumptions and mutually enter the exchange willingly. There is noting ignoble that I can see.

Thanked by:
 Snydes112 
Newport News

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL,GC,NQ
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 3

Tyro View Post
That is one perspective. When I trade (important concept) I enter the market and transfer/exchange/buy contracts/stocks with a willing entity. We both believe we are correct in our assumptions and mutually enter the exchange willingly. There is noting ignoble that I can see.

Knowledge is power and and if you have a piece of knowledge that the other participants don’t you are taking advantage of their ignorance. Just as I could charge a kid $100 bucks for a snickers bar and he willingly pays that price. There’s nothing illegal about that it’s just that kid doesn’t know the market value of a Snickers bar. Such is the advantage seasoned traders/investors have over newbs.

Thanked by:
 Tyro 
Houston Texas

Snydes112 View Post
Knowledge is power and and if you have a piece of knowledge that the other participants don’t you are taking advantage of their ignorance. Just as I could charge a kid $100 bucks for a snickers bar and he willingly pays that price. There’s nothing illegal about that it’s just that kid doesn’t know the market value of a Snickers bar. Such is the advantage seasoned traders/investors have over newbs.

Thanks, this is helpful. I'd like to hear other's perspectives.

There are two assumptions:
1. An adult is taking advantage of a minor.
2. Traders prey on ignorance.

Supply and demand are real things, ask anyone that has experienced an intolerable situation like a natural disaster - money is less important than safety and unscrupulous persons will seek to profit from these emotional needs in disasters. Trading is optional, we can assume no day trader is forced to trade, no day trader is caught up in a life situation, as a trader, so that they can never control their trading actions.

Life is about choices; generally bad choices are negatively rewarded and generally good choices are positively rewarded in all areas of life. We can think of situations where the opposite is true, but in general, awareness of one's poor decisions begins to influence one's future bad choices.

As an adult, I can have considerable influence on minors. Day traders are not minors; 18 is the minimum age set by most brokers for opening an account. This is because 18 is when a person can legally enter into a contract on his own. They are not minors.

There is no transaction, I know of, within the day-trading market that is based on ignorance. It takes considerable effort and determination to just to get access to the markets. One must have some capital and intentionally find and provide that capital to a broker or agent. As far as I know, no one accidentally becomes a day trader.

There is no moral choice here; within the day trading market it appears to me there is no control I can wield unless I am capable of moving the market or the information stream. My influence is in balance with every other day trader. In the randomness of the market, the only influence I have is over myself. "Such is the advantage seasoned traders/investors have over newbs".

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

We all knew this job was dangerous when we took it.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Tyro 
Houston Texas

Back to youtube.

There are a lot of "LIVE" traders on the youtube, facebook. It's nice to hear sometimes. Not for trading or education, just market commentary.

I had one live-youtuber on for a day, he sounded like a child repeating random curse words. Became monotonous very quickly.

Are any decent?

Tangotx 
Houston, TX

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Dorman
Trading: ES/RTY
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 44

Big Mike View Post
He has stolen our content and knows it. Avoid.

Mike, would you care to expand no your post?

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 30, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts