NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Any good traders on YouTube?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SBtrader82 with 18 posts (50 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 16 posts (22 thanks)
    3. looks_3 faithdefender with 16 posts (15 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Joseph Connors with 13 posts (10 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two 1BSD with 3.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SBtrader82 with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SpeculatorSeth with 2.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 89,532 views
    2. thumb_up 570 thanks given
    3. group 743 followers
    1. forum 331 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Any good traders on YouTube?

BertV
New Haven, CT

Thanks Given: 73
Thanks Received: 85

Jillzy View Post
I've watched this guy and laughed. he has lost and re-gained his funded account repeatedly. he takes HUGE risk...sits in losing positions (and even adds to them) all day. like it can be a face-ripping down trend day and he goes long and doesn't get out.
usually they recover and he does ok but sometimes they do not. this is NOT the way to trade...this is a good way to blow out your account.

Matt takes more risk in his personal account than his funded account. I am not keeping score but he seems to be doing ok. He focuses on the nq. He's also a really nice person. He takes a lot of crap from the chat when in drawdown and keeps his cool for the most part. I give him a lot of credit for live streaming. I tend to trade awful when watching him so I don't watch often. (not because I am following his trades I just get distracted).

He helped me reconsider the combine path too which if anyone is considering but is skeptical.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
76 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
55 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
37 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks
 kirkvan 
Edmonds, WA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage/Dorman
Trading: CME Futures
Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 23

phantomtrader View Post
I don't see anything objectionable about YouTube traders. Some people like to talk. They like to interface with people. Most traders are fairly solitary, but that's not everyone.
I like to research traders on YouTube. Once in a while you find someone interesting. I generally like to figure out what they're doing i.e. reverse engineer their trades to see whether they're real traders or just actors. I don't follow anyone during trading hours, however. It's just research for me.

I share this perspective. YouTube is the medium, not the message. On YouTube there's everything from quality to complete junk, just like TV, books, magazines, and all other mediums.

Thanked by:

mcjackson 
Colorado Springs, CO

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Ninjatrader
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 77
Thanks Received: 147

kirkvan View Post
I share this perspective. YouTube is the medium, not the message. On YouTube there's everything from quality to complete junk, just like TV, books, magazines, and all other mediums.

I share it as well. I've seen some good videos on any number of micro topics, from NT8 hacks to strategy walkthroughs to just simple screen recordings of a trading session. I personally find more direct value in these videos than in most books I've read in the field (specifically talking about things like charts, setting up automated strategies, and other visual explanations that don't carry over to book form very well).

The only extremely negative bit is when you see Facebook/YouTube ads targeting new traders, selling them crazy dreams - but that's not what many channels actually do.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 minicoin 
München + Austria

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP+TT order routing
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 8

https://twitter.com/TicTocTick

anubis 
Montevideo Uruguay

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart / Jigsaw
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 43

The edge of retail traders is discretion/intuition, and that only can be trained with screen time, and specifically loosing a fair share of money. So it doesn't matter if someone vomits all his edge over you, you'll still have to put the screentime/money in.

It's funny tho that most traders on YouTube don't show live trades, is almost as if none are really making money by trading and all their income is by selling courses

Thanked by:
SunTrader
Boca Raton, FL

Thanks Given: 81
Thanks Received: 182

youtubers get a share of sidebar ads that appear. That is how the big money is made.

speck 
Kharkiv, Ukraine

Broker: NinjaTrader/Dorman
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 376
Thanks Received: 36

anubis View Post
The edge of retail traders is discretion/intuition, and that only can be trained with screen time, and specifically loosing a fair share of money. So it doesn't matter if someone vomits all his edge over you, you'll still have to put the screentime/money in.

It's funny tho that most traders on YouTube don't show live trades, is almost as if none are really making money by trading and all their income is by selling courses

You only get it in retrospect though, in the meantime trying and erring all sorts of bullshit

Thanked by:

speck 
Kharkiv, Ukraine

Broker: NinjaTrader/Dorman
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 376
Thanks Received: 36

Youtube is no different than other info source.
And it will ONLY be useful if you have specific questions/queries or at least have some vague ideas of your own about something..

"Folowing" someone is the worst thing possible. Won't even bother to explain why.

Thanked by:

SBtrader82   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,333

I think that trading is comparable to playing a music instrument. You can watch many courses but you need to practice. I played classic guitar in music academy for 10+ years..... you basically get taught every technique in the first 3 years but the difference between someone who played 3 years and someone who has been playing for 10 years is incredible.
Also after 10 years you have a good level but it takes much much more to become proficient..... and in a music academy you play at least 6 hours per day, every single day.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 kirkvan 
Edmonds, WA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage/Dorman
Trading: CME Futures
Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 23

SBtrader82 View Post
I think that trading is comparable to playing a music instrument. You can watch many courses but you need to practice. I played classic guitar in music academy for 10+ years..... you basically get taught every technique in the first 3 years but the difference between someone who played 3 years and someone who has been playing for 10 years is incredible.
Also after 10 years you have a good level but it takes much much more to become proficient..... and in a music academy you play at least 6 hours per day, every single day.

Agreed. Perfect analogy.

Last Updated on March 30, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts