NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Any good traders on YouTube?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SBtrader82 with 18 posts (50 thanks)
    2. looks_two faithdefender with 16 posts (15 thanks)
    3. looks_3 phantomtrader with 16 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TheTradeSlinger with 13 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two 1BSD with 3.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SBtrader82 with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SpeculatorSeth with 2.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 89,484 views
    2. thumb_up 570 thanks given
    3. group 743 followers
    1. forum 331 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Any good traders on YouTube?

TradingOgre 
Evans GA/USA
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage - Philip Capital
Trading: NQ,ES,6E,CL
Thanks Given: 908
Thanks Received: 1,672

TradesByMatt is funny at times. Let someone offer some friendly advice about his trading and he will almost instantly ban them. Sure sign of an ego driven trader. Most of his losing days are much bigger than his winning days. Several of his big losing days don't show up with a "recap" video and all of his streams get removed by him.

Patrick Weiland is another interesting character. Most of the time he makes good money trading however he jumps around too much for me. Bookmap, tradestation, Topstep, etc. Hard for this old mind to follow.

Maybe one day a good streamer will come along. Until then, the search continues.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

trader14
Denver, CO

Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 65

TradingOgre View Post
TradesByMatt is funny at times. Let someone offer some friendly advice about his trading and he will almost instantly ban them. Sure sign of an ego driven trader. Most of his losing days are much bigger than his winning days. Several of his big losing days don't show up with a "recap" video and all of his streams get removed by him.

Patrick Weiland is another interesting character. Most of the time he makes good money trading however he jumps around too much for me. Bookmap, tradestation, Topstep, etc. Hard for this old mind to follow.

Maybe one day a good streamer will come along. Until then, the search
continues.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, just a suggestion ok. It may not be your cup of tea.

May I suggest, ITC 2022 Mentorship, a YouTube site. I know the argument " Ya get what ya pay for". This guy's legit! He sells nothing, there's no... buy here - place stop here - take profits here BS. No watch over my shoulder & learn to be profitable crap. This isn't a pay me money & I'll teach you how to trade.

What he does.. get you to stop thinking & trading like a retail trader! Follow the link below, I think there's 42 videos. I'm gonna be honest with ya, you'll have to do the work. Nothing's free.

This is NOT a paid promotion.
I'm not associated in any way shape or form with ICT.
I get nothing for posting his link ok
Only satisfaction of maybe, just maybe helping someone find success.

DowDaddy 
Las Vegas

Experience: Master
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: Dow Futures
Thanks Given: 740
Thanks Received: 388

trader14 View Post
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, just a suggestion ok. It may not be your cup of tea.

May I suggest, ITC 2022 Mentorship, a YouTube site. I know the argument " Ya get what ya pay for". This guy's legit! He sells nothing, there's no... buy here - place stop here - take profits here BS. No watch over my shoulder & learn to be profitable crap. This isn't a pay me money & I'll teach you how to trade.

What he does.. get you to stop thinking & trading like a retail trader! Follow the link below, I think there's 42 videos. I'm gonna be honest with ya, you'll have to do the work. Nothing's free.

This is NOT a paid promotion.

I'm not associated in any way shape or form with ICT.

I get nothing for posting his link ok

Only satisfaction of maybe, just maybe helping someone find success.

Good stuff

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

TradingOgre View Post

Maybe one day a good streamer will come along. Until then, the search continues.

TradesByMatt is a guy who never should have quit his day job. The guy is the worst trader I've ever witnessed.

Thanked by:
Baudo
Utrecht, Netherlands

Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 104

phantomtrader View Post
TradesByMatt is a guy who never should have quit his day job. The guy is the worst trader I've ever witnessed.

I totally agree. This guy's trading is ridiculous, his methods (wick-test and 5 minute charting, lol), his timing and awkard decisions, his level of analysis and its inaccuracies... He's inconsistent and his trading is all over the place.

He seems to be more more like an youtuber/entertainer and should not be an inspiration to any aspiring trader in my opinion. He's also a kind of Topstep Marketeer, there is probably some kickback for him I guess.

It's interesting he has such a large following that consider him to be a pro. His losing days are enormous, because he's doubling down on losers and that is generally not a sustainable way to trade.

I like Brian Watt for example, although he trades very different than I do I find him interesting to watch and to listen to.

I've streamed my own trading in the past. I was experimenting with this additional pressure of having peeers, as a means to stay extra focussed and responsible in my trades.

In advance I announced and did some challenges, like trying to make 8k in 10 days. All the streaming dates and times were also posted in advance. All 10 days live streamed and unedited. There was a continuous trade counter on the screen for these 10 days. And all the streams are still there. No talk just trades.

Total transparancy is everything, for almost all YouTube traders are a scam.

Thanked by:
redbarntrades
Kalispell=Mt./USA

Thanks Given: 354
Thanks Received: 426

TradingOgre View Post

For this ol' guy here, I'll watch or scroll a trading video for entertainment purposes. Since this is pretty much a lonely business, these videos seem to provide some sort of human connection and business camaraderie.

The more specific purpose they serve for me is:

1. Helpful hints of seeing technical analysis through different eyes.
2. Reinforcement of good practices.
3. Learn something from their mistakes.
4. Stimulation of new ideas.

One might adapt a basic methodology such as PATS if it fits your personality for instance or Al Brooks' method.

Neither work for me, but I can appreciate anyone's approach.

Like my wife say's, "trading is personal". We trade almost completely different compared to each other.

I always chuckle at the bold statements that traders will make. "Oh, you can't do that". "That won't work". "You shouldn't do that".

Then comes along a different trader and say's just the opposite.

Makes me think that trader's opinions are 100% correct and they are also 100% wrong!

For the majority of these youtubers, their videos are for making money either by their hits or the product they are selling and then hopefully upselling. A few years ago, Patrick already made 100k from his videos. Great! It's just good to understand their motivations. He is looking for subscribers. Of course they all put a lot of time in producing these videos.

Some don't sell anything like Lance Stranahan aka lancelottrader. The few videos he has made are a presentation of how he trades and he is not selling anything of trying to make money off of his videos.

So, for my honest opinion, the best that these videos can do is provide stimulus for the brain.

Ya'll enjoy your own journeys!

faithdefender 
Salem VA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Oanda, NT8, TradingView
Broker: Oanda, TorS
Trading: Stocks, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 117

How about the guy who wears a crown? TheBestTraders aka the pivot king? Anyone have any dealings with them? He did a YouTube video and explained why he was opening back up the 15 day free trial, but what I thought was also strange was within the last week almost 7 five star reviews were posted. Was this just perfect timing?

VirtualMark
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 66

TradingOgre View Post

Yes I've personally been on the receiving end of a ban for asking him why he lets his losers run so much. I once watched him average into a losing trade and go down $10k. And as you said the video got deleted the next day.

When he used to keep his videos with a daily PnL as the title, I noticed that he actually lost FAR more than he wins. He'd have a $300 winning day and say how happy he is with his trading, then the next day he'd go 2 contracts deep into a loser and end up on -$2000. He literally loses more in a day than he makes in a week on stream.

He always seems to try to find reversals on trending days, and refuses to accept that it's trending, and even if he does he "can't find an entry" as he doesn't want to buy the highs of the day.

I really don't think much of the guy. At best, he's misleading to new traders. I honestly believe him to be a fraud, as he hides his PnL, and also uses the ES DOM but trades on the MNQ, so you can't see if he's trading for real or sim. Plus, most people can't afford to haemorrhage thousands of dollars a week.

To me, the channel just looks like an advert for Topstep, which is where I suspect he gets a lot of money from. Funnily enough he failed the Topstep evaluation multiple times on stream.

Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

VirtualMark View Post
Yes I've personally been on the receiving end of a ban for asking him why he lets his losers run so much. I once watched him average into a losing trade and go down $10k. And as you said the video got deleted the next day.

When he used to keep his videos with a daily PnL as the title, I noticed that he actually lost FAR more than he wins. He'd have a $300 winning day and say how happy he is with his trading, then the next day he'd go 2 contracts deep into a loser and end up on -$2000. He literally loses more in a day than he makes in a week on stream.

He always seems to try to find reversals on trending days, and refuses to accept that it's trending, and even if he does he "can't find an entry" as he doesn't want to buy the highs of the day.

I really don't think much of the guy. At best, he's misleading to new traders. I honestly believe him to be a fraud, as he hides his PnL, and also uses the ES DOM but trades on the MNQ, so you can't see if he's trading for real or sim. Plus, most people can't afford to haemorrhage thousands of dollars a week.

To me, the channel just looks like an advert for Topstep, which is where I suspect he gets a lot of money from. Funnily enough he failed the Topstep evaluation multiple times on stream.

He's been down as much as $15K. Mysteriously, those losses all disappear into the ether never to be seen again. He's a phony and a fraud. I doubt TopStep is using him as a role model!

Thanked by:
VirtualMark
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 66

phantomtrader View Post
He's been down as much as $15K. Mysteriously, those losses all disappear into the ether never to be seen again. He's a phony and a fraud. I doubt TopStep is using him as a role model!

This is it, down $15,000 then up $400 the next day... that doesn't add up. At that rate he'd need to trade over 37 days to get back to break even lol.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 30, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts