NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Any good traders on YouTube?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SBtrader82 with 18 posts (50 thanks)
    2. looks_two faithdefender with 16 posts (15 thanks)
    3. looks_3 phantomtrader with 16 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TheTradeSlinger with 13 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 6.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two 1BSD with 3.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SBtrader82 with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SpeculatorSeth with 2.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 87,516 views
    2. thumb_up 570 thanks given
    3. group 743 followers
    1. forum 331 posts
    2. attach_file 9 attachments

Search this Thread

Any good traders on YouTube?

leescharf 
New York, NY

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradeStation
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 8

gigwam View Post

Highly recommended to learn how to read price action.

If scalping isn't your thing you can still use the same entries at key entry points to swing your position.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

+1 for PATs.

Also highly recommend Barry @ Emini-watch. He does has a set of indicators you can pay a monthly subscription for... but worth every penny IMHO.
https://emini-watch.com/

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
wineishealthy
Kihei, HI, United States

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

Evg577 View Post
Hello guys.

Seems like all YouTube "traders" are coaches today. Can you recommend any good trade channel which NOT sell courses but still provide useful (and not basic) information? Will be grateful for a link in DM.

This guy here trades all day, calls out real live trades (cash). teaches a whole ton of stuff and is not selling anything

futures io is not letting me post the channel because I don't post a lot but just search for " Elliot Wave Master"
Good luck

Thanked by:

SBtrader82   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,333

I don't think any serious trader would be very open in sharing his market understanding. If they share they normally only share "basic" stuff.
I had my own channel and I posted only a couple of videos for some friends then after a couple of hours I realize it was not a good idea to share even if it's for a bunch of friends that do not even trade. When the views passed the number 10, I started to sweat and I could not sleep.

So I end up making hundreds of videos and I have them locked up in an external hard drive. It takes years to get real market understanding and in the Youtube era you can lose your edge so quickly.

In my previous job in international trade whenever somebody found a new niche then they were able to make money for three to four years until somebody had the great idea to create a conference or an event for that niche market. The event made public something that had a limited scope and money immediately disappeared.
I knew a couple of companies that went from turnover of 150+ millions to only 4 millions in a couple of years just because they decided to be visible.

I think visibility is overrated. If you really make money why do you want to be visible? in many parts of the world mafia will chase you and ask you a percentage of that money, in south America they will probably kidnap and torture you if you know you have money.
In Europe they will have envy at you, in U.S. if somebody loses money the SEC will investigate you.
Look at what happend to Jason Bond... he is not facing charges for 137 Millions and he will probably go to jail.
I don't think his YouTube channel was legit, but anyway you get the idea.

Do you know the story of CIS? he made over 1 billion in trading, and became popular for making 34 millions in one day. Nobody knows his face nor his real name. That is being smart.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 IFeelLikeNeo   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 38

As SBTrader says.. the challenge here is that doing Youtube videos is a LOT of work.... which is why it's so hard to find anyone posting good video content that's valuable... who aren't also selling something. And why it's so easy to find free videos on YT (TikTok, Insta, etc etc etc) about trading that are total BS.

Check this thread I posted for some of my fave places to get ideas;

(Stocks and Commodities Magazine is my current fave for ideas and often, the code for them)....

Books by Pruitt, Davey, Collins all include a TON of strategies that still work, often fully coded... You just have to find the markets and bar sizes to apply them to!

Happy trading!

J

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Larryeh1 
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT8
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 29

'Yes, I learned how to trade Price Action watching these videos. He has over 7 years of videos he's uploaded and as far as I'm concerned it's about the best stuff out there. He's not a marketer so his stuff may not be polished but you will learn to trade. [yt]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ3D2_YyX3BSalVUdZjkGRQ[/yt]

His site is https://www.priceactiontradingsystem.com/ and he has tons of free, quality information there. He's a real trader. Not a marketer. I've studied his stuff for over 3 years, am not an affiliate and I won't get a thing from letting you know this other than knowing I was able t steer someone to quality information.

Hope this helps.

Larry

Joseph Connors 
Colorado Springs, CO USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninjatrade
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 93
Thanks Received: 106

SBtrader82 View Post
I don't think any serious trader would be very open in sharing his market understanding. If they share they normally only share "basic" stuff.
I had my own channel and I posted only a couple of videos for some friends then after a couple of hours I realize it was not a good idea to share even if it's for a bunch of friends that do not even trade. When the views passed the number 10, I started to sweat and I could not sleep.

So I end up making hundreds of videos and I have them locked up in an external hard drive. It takes years to get real market understanding and in the Youtube era you can lose your edge so quickly.

In my previous job in international trade whenever somebody found a new niche then they were able to make money for three to four years until somebody had the great idea to create a conference or an event for that niche market. The event made public something that had a limited scope and money immediately disappeared.
I knew a couple of companies that went from turnover of 150+ millions to only 4 millions in a couple of years just because they decided to be visible.

I think visibility is overrated. If you really make money why do you want to be visible? in many parts of the world mafia will chase you and ask you a percentage of that money, in south America they will probably kidnap and torture you if you know you have money.
In Europe they will have envy at you, in U.S. if somebody loses money the SEC will investigate you.
Look at what happend to Jason Bond... he is not facing charges for 137 Millions and he will probably go to jail.
I don't think his YouTube channel was legit, but anyway you get the idea.

Do you know the story of CIS? he made over 1 billion in trading, and became popular for making 34 millions in one day. Nobody knows his face nor his real name. That is being smart.

I have never understood why a successful trader would be interested in the time and effort required to produce videos and run sites to educate other traders! This "paying back" stuff you hear when they are asked the question "why do you make all the effort to teach other traders when you can devote all your time to making money in the market?" sounds like a load of BS to me!

I suppose that maybe having achieved success their egos need stroking by playing the "Master" and enlightening the great unwashed, but I think it is more likely that they do not trade for a living and instead derive their living from selling videos and courses for something they may not be able to do themselves.

It is possible that someone may know how to trade but not be able to actually do it for a variety of reasons. Let me give you an example: when I was a kid my older brother taught me how to swim. He did it from the side of the pool! He could not swim himself but he knew how it was done. The same concept is at work with sports coaches.

I disagree with you on your concern about losing your edge if you were to share it. That sounds fine in theory but it does not hold in practice. You see, their is nothing new under the sun! The way you trade is practiced by hundreds or even thousands of active traders worldwide and I guarantee you that you do not possess some unique knowledge of trading that no one else has thought of! Besides, the markets are moved by the institutions not by individual traders! Institutions ("The Whales") account for 80-90% of trading volume.

So let not your heart be troubled by the idea of sharing your methodology with your friends. You will not lose your "edge" because in reality, it does not exist!

Persistence! Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not ... nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not ... Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not ... The world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent!
Calvin Coolidge
ChillTrades
Columbus

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

One trader I follow that doesn't sell a course is Linda Raschke. She's amazing and great to learn from. I've learned a lot from her. Yes, a lot of it is the "basics" but it's from her perspective from trading for 40 years. And like with anything, the longer you do something, the more you perfect it, which is stripping out the extra stuff and relying on the basics. Which is pretty much what she does.

Her Website has a resources section with articles and books she recommends. A lot of those books (especially Technical Analysis and Stock Market Profits by Richard W. Schabacker) are really pivotal to my trading.

No Nonsense Forex (VP) is a trader on YouTube who doesn't sell any courses. I highly recommend him and everything he does as well

There's also a lot of other traders I recommend and like on YouTube, but they sell courses. I'm not sure if Rayner Teo has a course. He's fantastic too

UKSpreadbetting (Mark) has a course but it's really good and not expensive and he mainly focuses on his free YouTube content. Hardly promotes his course so I figured he's worth sharing.

Humbled Trader is the same -

and Karen Foo, I don't think she has a course, only free courses -
I can't post links yet. This is my first post.

billmcg
rochester,newyork,usa

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 12

YES highly recommend PATsTrading
he has chart studies that go back to 2011, very consistent, no agenda, great teacher
He uses Ninja Trader (no comment), purely naked trading except for trend lines and S&R. And a very nice family man. Just added a forum where members can interact, forum costs around 100$ year.
My P&L is thru the roof. thanks much

Thanked by:
 Pocketful 
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ironbeam
Trading: MES YM
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 32

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/c/EdgeTradingGroup[/yt]

Edge Trading Group. Anthony was a former prop trader.

Thanked by:

SBtrader82   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,333

BertV View Post
TradesbyMatt is a TopStep funded trader

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

how do you know he is funded? I cannot see his account anyway on his videos and I can't understand whether he is trading live or sim. Does he show his dashboard? he seems legit though.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 30, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts