2. attach_file 50 attachments

Search this Thread

Trading PATs - ES + Currency Futures

pullback
New York, NY

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 14

Thursday, January 14th, 2021 update:

2-0 on SIM for the open, with a gann rejection and bopb. Then a nice live trade for 1pt, gann resistance with bull signal bar.

Stats:
2-0 SIM 1-0 Live
P/L - 1/0
+$45

Took a heavy weekly resistance bounce with a pin hammer signal later at midnight for +1pt on MES. Fun trade.

See you Friday.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01-14-2021 2-0 sim 1-0 live range.png
Views:	181
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	308168  

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
The Program
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
pullback
New York, NY

Friday, January 15th, 2021 update:

In and out today - my NT install got messed up, and I have to do a clean reset. Large downtrend formed the first leg, then uptrend correction, with a reversal for a second leg. Entered in and out manually for a 1pt scalp on a LH reversal.

01-15-2021 LH Manual Scalp 1-0

Stats:
1-0
P/L - 1/0
+$45

I will check out the charts again at the end of the day, on SIM of course. See you Monday.

pullback
New York, NY

Monday, January 18th, 2021 - Wednesday, January 20th, 2021 update:

Great couple of days. Been consistently taking 1-2 small wins. That's all I need - scale up as necessary in due time. I've updated my charts and have streamlined the draw tools, etc.

Monday: MLK day. No setups - very low volume. Halted at noon.

Tuesday:

1. Prices closed below gann line on a strong downtrend, tried reversing and met resistance. With the strong bear bar I shorted for 1pt.

2. SIM: Small congestion, prices broke out on the top side, forming a trap. Shorted for +.5

3. SIM: Gann bounce with a big bullish bar. +1

4. Prices bounced at the gann, ended with a bearish bar with full body - too much exhausted momentum. However I did get in and exited at .5 because of aforementioned loss of momentum and EMA resistance. Would've netted the point but an early exit was justified.

Stats:
2-0 live, 2-0 SIM
P/L - 1.5/0 live, 1.5/0 SIM
+$67

Wednesday:

1. Strong uptrend today. Prices broke the bottom of the trend channel and resisted at the gann - confluence of a potential retest of channel line, gann bounce, and ema bounce, so I went long. Not too much room - 5 or 6 ticks to EMA led me to feel squeezed so I exited with +.5.

2. After the bar completed bullish, I went back in on what was a strong close off the gann and into the EMA - a tick into the channel line too. Prices failed on the next bar but the gann held strong and I was 1 tick away from the stop - prices went back up to test the channel but I was out at .5 because of all the congestion. Prices actually formed a nice 2el which helped me stay in the trade.

Both would have netted 1pt - but early exits aren't the end of the world. Came close to a loss - the natural resistance of the signal low helped me out.

Stats:
2-0
P/L - 1/0
+$41

Several days of green! Good work. See you tomorrow!

pullback
New York, NY

Thursday, January 21st, 2021 + Friday, January 22nd, 2021 update:

Thursday was a loss day; I tried to catch a reversal after a strong downtrend - but I liked the trades I took. Made back some of the loss in two small wins after, for a net loss of ~$61.

1. Prices closed outside of the downtrend channel and a bullish hammer signal formed; bounce off of the trendline and EMA, and after a HL - thought I spotted a reversal! Prices gave me .75 and turned down. Stopped out, -2.25.

2. Prices closed back into the trend channel, and bounced off of the EMA to the downside. Bearish signal. 1pt.

3. Tested the upper day resistance, formed a trap and 2es, not really with signal but I entered based on the intrabar moves. TP at .25; realized what a dumb trade this was and I exited when I could. 1pt was later reached though.

Stats:
2-1
P/L - 1.25/2.25
-$61

Friday was great. 2-0 quickly reached on live, and I held strong for the full point.

1. Caught a reversal after prices closed out of the uptrend channel and started rejecting off the EMA. After a LH, a bearish signal bar bounced off EMA. Shorted for 1pt. Kind of congestive/unclear inside bull bar but I was convinced of a reversal.

2. Prices went back to the EMA and bounced. Once again a bad signal but the next bar wick closed lower. The second bar after entry closed very bearish; prices shot down to my scalp right after. Had the gann as good support and protection of my stop.

SIM Trades:

3. The next EMA bounce - shorted after a small bearish doji.

4. 2es after the last 1es trade. Risk of BOPB as we were exiting a range but the hammer signal was strong. +1.

5. Prices shot out of the range and closed above the gann after trapping shorts at the bottom end of the range. Bought the close and scalped out for .5. Risky sim trade. Stop was protected by gann though.

01-22-2021 2-0 Live

01-22-2021 3-0 SIM

Stats:
2-0 Live, 3-0 SIM
P/L - 2/0 Live, 2.5/0 SIM
+$91 Live

Having a loss day after a 6-0 day streak was inevitable; and I don't even think that trade was all that bad. It feels good that my risk management and drawdown seems to be lower these days. Although - I did break some rules by trying to make the money back. I should have just stopped - don't know the best way around that. Maybe accepting the risk of 2 losses is necessary if I ever want to make back an initial loss.

Going to keep at it; good setups - ema, 2e, gann.

See you Monday!

pullback
New York, NY

Monday+Tuesday, January 25+26, 2021 update:

Suffered big losses Monday - not following rules, overtrading, revenge trading. Drawdown was pretty significant

I was feeling rushed and pressured to trade and these were not good conditions for focused trading.

Back to 2-0 for Tuesday, but I will be consolidating my daily review for just myself for now - don't want to necessarily work it out in public.

Be back sometime,
pullback

iTactical
Miami, Florida

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hello,

Can you please share your experience with this strategy?. I'm also interested in this strategy and want to know if you were able to be profitable in the long term.

Last Updated on April 29, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts