NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Sierrachart Support Posting Conspiracy Theories On Official Forum

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 10 posts (81 thanks)
    2. looks_two Keab with 8 posts (18 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Trembling Hand with 6 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 gigwam with 6 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 26 thanks per post
    2. looks_two michaelleemoore with 13 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 8.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Devil Man with 7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 21,697 views
    2. thumb_up 300 thanks given
    3. group 33 followers
    1. forum 75 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

Sierrachart Support Posting Conspiracy Theories On Official Forum

wisp
vancouver, BC

Thanks Given: 89
Thanks Received: 16

Trembling Hand View Post
Bit more nuttery for your viewing pleasure.

haha interesting. Nuttery or not, their platform is good.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements

vicetvirtu
Milano, Italy

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

One more time:

For anyone looking for an alternative to Mozilla Firefox, we recommend using Pale Moon which is based upon a fork of the Firefox code base from the past which is the original Firefox design:

The project has been well maintained.

And just so there is no misunderstanding, what Mozilla is intending to be doing is part of this big tech censorship and effectively removing the U.S. Constitution First Amendment and simply just wrong. The question is what are they afraid of. Are they afraid of their fairytale, that the Marxists won fair and square in the US election is not going to be believable.

Regarding the censorship that is going on, we talked about this back in 2018:

So what is the next step ? I can imagine one day to receive a message like this :" Sorry our system has detected your are using Mozilla Firefox then you are not allowed to connect anymore to our service regarding the idea you are supporting directly or indirectly some Mozilla's people point of view. Please use another browser for using SC ."
It has been challenging for a not english native speaker to learn how to use SC. I appreciate the software but now i am worry to lose the use of it for external reasons.
Everybody has a point of view on everything because everybody has a brain so please SC' staff let people use their freedom of thinking to make their own choice.Otherwise often, unconsciously but really, we end up looking like those we criticize.
thanks, a SC user.

Pley 
Yuma, AZ

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradestation, NT8, SC
Broker: Tradestation, AMP, Ninja
Trading: MNQ
Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 18

I am starting to use SC again; the conspiring theory is disturbing, to say the least, until I have time to think about it. My opinion is personal but may give someone to look at the world from a different angle from my experience or what type of background SC Engineering means, or at least this is my assumption.

In the world of the profession "Software Engineering," I am equating Sierra Chart Engineering from their post as a poster. Just a small and specific angle to add to this thread. There is no way I know who they are, the developers' background. But my own experience as an EE background and IT person in Corporate America on Software engineer in general.

Software engineering is a generic term for programmers or software developers, unlike the traditional engineer or physicist. They are under different disciplines and expertise. That doesn't mean who is better, just different.

Just take a simple comparison of University Engineering school vs. Computer science curriculum. The course requirement is different from the standpoint of physics or physical objects. In CS, the student doesn't need courses like advanced math or fundamental of electricity and material. CS is more into the algorithm or computer languages logic.

As the English language is unique for human experience. Most likely, it doesn't exist anywhere else in the known universe. If I may equate the English language is similar to computer language, and algorithm all fall in these categories in a broader sense. A software engineer is not the same as a traditional engineer who deals with the physical world, like building a house or a computer. If they don't work or fell apart, we all can see it and understand it.

A software engineer has more freedom to create objects that don't exist in the physical world but in computer memory, like the story of a movie or a novel. The objects created have a life of their own, not tieing to the real world. So the conspiracy stories are possible in this mindset in my attempted simplified explanation.

A certain part of software development demands creativity. Quite a large number (of my colleague before my retirement) of software developers were art majors in school if I may use University Education as a background. In comparison, all mid or high engineer professions are almost all from an engineering school.

Creativity is a human powerful leap to an unknown without the constraint on what is known at present. In many ways, it is personal, and the physical world refines it. Again, I am not here to say which is better because there is none. We human needs more than one type of discipline to benefit all our lives.

From this perspective, I see why not use SC if they fit your needs and not influence other personal beliefs.

lgix
Somewhere + Australia

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 12

I am actively looking for another trading platform as of now. I have zero desire to support their Directors income whatsoever.

His politics and conspiracy nutjobbery aren't really the issue here though, it's his choice to use his platfrom as a soapbox for it.
I don't care what side of the political spectrum he is on, what his personal beliefs about Covid, Fluoride, the Reserve Bank, even 9/11, no matter how crazy they are; be a professional and keep it out of your business. Being a "creative type" is no excuse for their/his unacceptable behavior.

The way they have handled the entire Denali Data Feed and New Pricing change has also been incredibly unprofessional, and suggests a lack of planning and understanding of the impacts on their customers. Despite his statements that the information has been clear, it most definitely has not been presented in a clear and succinct manner. Their comments to users questions regarding it have also been incredibly unprofessional and reek of self entitlement and conspiracy nutjobbery: https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=60006

Things I love about Sierra Chart:
- Light Weight
- Customizable
- Powerful

I was willing to look past the terrible UI and UX, and their blunt customer service and RTFM policy is more than fine with me.
What I can't accept is his entire lack of professionalism, his disrespect to his user base, or their decision to remove functionality from their software for purely political reasons.

Obviously make your own choice whether to continue to support Sierra Chart, I have and it has nothing to do with his personal views and everything to do with how he has chosen to present those views and his lack of professionalism.

Trembling Hand 
Melbourne, Land of Oz

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart, CQG
Broker: CQG
Trading: HSI
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 360

lgix View Post
I am actively looking for another trading platform as of now. I have zero desire to support their Directors income whatsoever.

His politics and conspiracy nutjobbery aren't really the issue here though, it's his choice to use his platfrom as a soapbox for it.
I don't care what side of the political spectrum he is on, what his personal beliefs about Covid, Fluoride, the Reserve Bank, even 9/11, no matter how crazy they are; be a professional and keep it out of your business. Being a "creative type" is no excuse for their/his unacceptable behavior.

The way they have handled the entire Denali Data Feed and New Pricing change has also been incredibly unprofessional, and suggests a lack of planning and understanding of the impacts on their customers.

Geezuz! What's wrong with them? Fair enough if they don't want to offer the discount to AMP customers any more but handle it with some grace! Going off your head about

Quoting 
Sierra Chart is not your problem. It is governments and their taxes, their taking away our freedom, destroying businesses intentionally, which is your issue. Not Sierra Chart. Taxes both direct and indirect (through inflation) are what are not fair. Governments are hideously inefficient and committing theft against people with their taxes. The price of Sierra Chart is so cheap and getting cheaper by the day with inflation. Please face reality.

That is unhinged!!

I'm getting the feeling like this is all coming to an abrupt end with SC. Especially for people who use it for things other than CME & EUREX. To add to the removal of HKFE from US brokers thanks to Trumps exc order my business of 20 years is coming more and more uncertain every damn week!

On a more human level away from my needs this pandemic and the uncertainty and changes to the 'norm' has been an interesting trigger of people and unfortunately not always for the better.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

SBtrader82   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,333

Pley View Post
I am starting to use SC again; the conspiring theory is disturbing, to say the least, until I have time to think about it. My opinion is personal but may give someone to look at the world from a different angle from my experience or what type of background SC Engineering means, or at least this is my assumption.

In the world of the profession "Software Engineering," I am equating Sierra Chart Engineering from their post as a poster. Just a small and specific angle to add to this thread. There is no way I know who they are, the developers' background. But my own experience as an EE background and IT person in Corporate America on Software engineer in general.

Software engineering is a generic term for programmers or software developers, unlike the traditional engineer or physicist. They are under different disciplines and expertise. That doesn't mean who is better, just different.

Just take a simple comparison of University Engineering school vs. Computer science curriculum. The course requirement is different from the standpoint of physics or physical objects. In CS, the student doesn't need courses like advanced math or fundamental of electricity and material. CS is more into the algorithm or computer languages logic.

As the English language is unique for human experience. Most likely, it doesn't exist anywhere else in the known universe. If I may equate the English language is similar to computer language, and algorithm all fall in these categories in a broader sense. A software engineer is not the same as a traditional engineer who deals with the physical world, like building a house or a computer. If they don't work or fell apart, we all can see it and understand it.

A software engineer has more freedom to create objects that don't exist in the physical world but in computer memory, like the story of a movie or a novel. The objects created have a life of their own, not tieing to the real world. So the conspiracy stories are possible in this mindset in my attempted simplified explanation.

A certain part of software development demands creativity. Quite a large number (of my colleague before my retirement) of software developers were art majors in school if I may use University Education as a background. In comparison, all mid or high engineer professions are almost all from an engineering school.

Creativity is a human powerful leap to an unknown without the constraint on what is known at present. In many ways, it is personal, and the physical world refines it. Again, I am not here to say which is better because there is none. We human needs more than one type of discipline to benefit all our lives.

From this perspective, I see why not use SC if they fit your needs and not influence other personal beliefs.

this is so true!!! I also studied electronic engineering and telecommunications... we had to do so many exams in complex analysis, I still remember the courses about wave theories that was really complex physical stuff, plus all the theory of signal, discrete analysis, Fourier theory etc.... non of this is studied in Computer Science.
It's a completely different background.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

SBtrader82   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,333

lgix View Post

The way they have handled the entire Denali Data Feed and New Pricing change has also been incredibly unprofessional, and suggests a lack of planning and understanding of the impacts on their customers. Despite his statements that the information has been clear, it most definitely has not been presented in a clear and succinct manner. Their comments to users questions regarding it have also been incredibly unprofessional and reek of self entitlement and conspiracy nutjobbery: https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=60006

Things I love about Sierra Chart:
- Light Weight
- Customizable
- Powerful

I was willing to look past the terrible UI and UX, and their blunt customer service and RTFM policy is more than fine with me.
What I can't accept is his entire lack of professionalism, his disrespect to his user base, or their decision to remove functionality from their software for purely political reasons.

Obviously make your own choice whether to continue to support Sierra Chart, I have and it has nothing to do with his personal views and everything to do with how he has chosen to present those views and his lack of professionalism.

I agree with everything, but the problem is that I cannot find anything that comes even close to Sierra.
I am currently using MotiveWave that is quite acceptable for the way I trade, it's the only one that allows me some level of customization and a "almost decent" market profile. It's light weight and quite fast but not as reliable as Sierra.
However if you find something that works, please let me know.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 Keab 
London UK

Platform: SierraChart/Prorealtime
Broker: Sierra Chart/prorealtime
Trading: SandP futures
Thanks Given: 123
Thanks Received: 316

Big Mike View Post
🙄

Come on now, we're supposed to be into the data here.
I am based in the UK and the way that we have counted deaths here is vastly different to, for example, Germany. If we had used their classification system then our death rate from Covid would be lower. So it is impossible to make comparisons across different countries and their death rates.
In the UK if you have had Covid and die within 28 days of being tested positive then you are listed as having died of Covid. In a lot of cases this will no doubt be correct, but there will be a statistically significant number who did not die of Covid.

Of course people have died from Covid as a main factor. And the simple facts are that if you are old and have a serious underlying health issue then you are at risk. For everyone else the risk is statistically insignificant. There are dotted stories of previously healthy people dying and with the scale of the disease this is to be expected. But the fact is that these are statistical anomalies and extremely rare.

The fact that (figures vary) between 95-995+ people recover from Covid, whilst some are actually immune/don't catch it (living in the same house as a Covid case and not catching it) means that this virus is NOT as dangerous as we are led to believe. It is a bad flu. Note the statistics on how many flue deaths there have been this year.
https://www.today.com/health/flu-season-2020-2021-flu-activity-historic-lows-mask-wearing-t207131
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/01/11/amid-coronavirus-flu-cases-record-low/4127197001/

"Some 136 people were hospitalized for the flu between Oct. 1, 2020, and Jan. 16, 2021, and there were 292 deaths involving influenza during that period, the CDC reported. One child has died.
But in comparison, 400,000 people were hospitalized for the flu and 22,000 died, including 434 children, during the entire 2019–2020 season, which the CDC described as “severe” for kids 4 years old and younger, and for adults 18-49 years old."

Whilst excess deaths are high in the USA in particular, this can be explained by the large amounts of the population deemed to be at risk due to being fat. Very fat. Which is bad news for this virus. So get healthy and live with less risk.

Thanked by:

brach 
Austin, TX

Platform: NT, SC, MT
Trading: NQ, ES, Micros
Thanks Given: 187
Thanks Received: 269

Thanked by:
lgix
Somewhere + Australia

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 12

Keab View Post
In the UK if you have had Covid and die within 28 days of being tested positive then you are listed as having died of Covid.

You got an actual official source for this? I've heard various things like this thrown around by people in the US, UK, AU, with no actual evidence that that is the fact.

Edit: disregard, did my own research. https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Both deaths with 28 days and deaths where Covid is ok the death certificate is counted.

I'm any case, if being diagnosed with Covid increases ones chance of dying significantly, regardless of the cause, then it's still a significant data point.

I don't see how this is really that relevant to the discussion topic though, it doesn't change the fact that Sierra Chart, and their Anti Fluoride, anti Reserve Bank,9/11 denying, election disputing Director are using their platform to promote their political viewpoints and conspiracy theories. Worse they are posting their views and locking the topics meaning they can't even be engaged in debate about it.

It's incredibly unprofessional and doesn't bode well long term.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 10, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts