NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Sierrachart Support Posting Conspiracy Theories On Official Forum

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 10 posts (81 thanks)
    2. looks_two Keab with 8 posts (18 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Trembling Hand with 6 posts (16 thanks)
    4. looks_4 gigwam with 6 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one mattz with 26 thanks per post
    2. looks_two michaelleemoore with 13 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 8.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Devil Man with 7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 21,634 views
    2. thumb_up 300 thanks given
    3. group 33 followers
    1. forum 75 posts
    2. attach_file 6 attachments

Search this Thread

Sierrachart Support Posting Conspiracy Theories On Official Forum

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,437
Thanks Received: 26,276

brach View Post
I've been a software engineer for decades and believe me we have just as many nutjobs as any other profession.

I have too. I agree, regarding any issues that arise outside of our profession, such as these. Inside the profession, software people have an overriding reason to find a common ground and get the code to work, which we do. In my experience, disagreements outside of the professional arena tend to be hashed out over beer, as in other walks of life.

Quoting 
I suppose the rant was pretty harmless and I personally got a good laugh out of it so no worries. They do make great trading software.

Yes.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

Keab View Post
Regarding Covid deaths, it's important to note that it is not clear that people have died from Covid

🙄

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Devil Man 
Fort Lauderdale
Legendary / Stochastic Calculus is not your friend

Experience: None
Platform: Ninjatrader, Python API
Broker: CQG
Trading: S&P, Crude, Gold
Thanks Given: 3,418
Thanks Received: 1,537

bobwest View Post
I have too. I agree, regarding any issues that arise outside of our profession, such as these. Inside the profession, software people have an overriding reason to find a common ground and get the code to work, which we do. In my experience, disagreements outside of the professional arena tend to be hashed out over beer, as in other walks of life.

Yes.

Bob.

...you guys obviously never been a pilot or had to work with other pilots...lol!

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,437
Thanks Received: 26,276

bobwest View Post

Yes.

Bob.

Devil Man View Post
...you guys obviously never been a pilot or had to work with other pilots...lol!

Well, I've been in the Army and told people to shut the fuck up and do what I told them to (and been told the same and had to do it too, and did.) It doesn't work outside of certain situations, though.

Honestly, being a moderator on this forum is much, much harder than herding cats (which I actually had to try to do once -- it didn't work.)

Cats: well-meaning people who are just doing things that seem reasonable to them.... as we all do. But everyone thinks they are reasonable, and anyone who knows how to type can put out their opinion on the internet....

I would say, "Don't get me started," but obviously I have.

---------------

So, we all have our opinions on covid, and everything else, but this is not a political forum, and let's keep it that way.

Comments on this thread are off-topic unless they are about the post made by SC as referenced by the original post.

Bob.

---------------------

Edit: I changed the phrase that moderating this forum is "much, much easier than herding cats" (a typo) to what I really meant: "much, much harder than herding cats...."

I think people generally understood the point but this fixes it.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote

Devil Man 
Fort Lauderdale
Legendary / Stochastic Calculus is not your friend

Experience: None
Platform: Ninjatrader, Python API
Trading: S&P, Crude, Gold
Thanks Given: 3,418
Thanks Received: 1,537

bobwest View Post
Well, I've been in the Army and told people to shut the fuck up and do what I told them to (and been told the same and had to do it too, and did.) It doesn't work outside of certain situations, though.

Honestly, being a moderator on this forum is much, much easier than herding cats (which I actually had to try to do once -- it didn't work.)

Cats: well-meaning people who are just doing things that seem reasonable to them.... as we all do. But everyone thinks they are reasonable, and anyone who knows how to type can put out their opinion on the internet....

---------------

So, we all have our opinions on covid, and everything else, but this is not a political forum, and let's keep it that way.

Comments on this thread are off-topic unless they are about the post made by SC as referenced by the original post.

Bob.

@bobwest great post!...this is so true!...I could go on for days with stories over some bourbon or better yet proper 12!

and... can I get a witness as to what a fantastic job you're doing as a moderator Bob!

Johnny

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

Should also mention we have an actual COVID thread already...

bobwest View Post

Honestly, being a moderator on this forum is much, much easier than herding cats (which I actually had to try to do once -- it didn't work.)

---------------

Bob.

Sent using the nexusfi.com mobile app

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Trembling Hand 
Melbourne, Land of Oz

Platform: Sierra Chart, CQG
Trading: HSI
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 360

brach View Post
If that were to come to pass you might be able to incorporate a messaging library like zeromq. I haven't had to try this yet but suspect that eventually become helpful. Functions such as data feed, machine learning prediction, core strategy logic and execution could be distributed however you like.

Time is a concern, but zeromq has sub-ms latency (intra-machine) from what I understand so not a huge obstacle in most cases.

I have actually already used zmq with SC to get a serialized array to python and back but that is not my concern.

Its the ever reducing amount of data suppliers they are happy to support. Especially good ones if you are not trading Europe or US. They have the DTC sever which I have set up as a back up but its buggy. Nothing beats a fully supported connection.... with the enthusiasm to keep updating it.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Trembling Hand 
Melbourne, Land of Oz

Platform: Sierra Chart, CQG
Trading: HSI
Thanks Given: 28
Thanks Received: 360

Bit more nuttery for your viewing pleasure.

https://www.sierrachart.com/SupportBoard.php?ThreadID=58513

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 kiwi 
Gold Coast

Trading: Futures and Forex
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 96

Keab View Post
Regarding Covid deaths, it's important to note that it is not clear that people have died from Covid, or died with Covid in their system. Every country has a different way of recording deaths. Germany compared very favourably with the UK early on in the year and the UK govt was in trouble. However if the UK govt had recorded deaths using the same methodology as Germany then the UK would have a similar death rate.
Excess deaths are the only way to provide any meaningful measure, and it is sad to say that practically all deaths by/with Covid are those who would have died in the very near future.
Bottom line- the Covid virus has an approximate recovery rate of.....
99.9%.
Is it too crazy to even suggest that shutting down the entire Western economy is worth it for this? Probably not.

< snip >

Is there anything incorrect here?

As the US hit its 2nd day with more covid deaths then ever before I recalled this post. Believing and spreading conspiracy theories and social media factoids isn't just something we see on Sierra Chart boards. The truth is rarely in the middle - look for evidence and quality sources.

So, in response to the "you must look at excess deaths" argument, I did a tiny search for quality information. The CDC did an evaluation of excess deaths, way back before Donald's rallies and the joy of going maskless had driven the latest rise in the US deaths. A graphic summary:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm

Thanked by:
 Keab 
London UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SierraChart/Prorealtime
Broker: Sierra Chart/prorealtime
Trading: SandP futures
Thanks Given: 123
Thanks Received: 316

kiwi View Post

As the US hit its 2nd day with more covid deaths then ever before I recalled this post. Believing and spreading conspiracy theories and social media factoids isn't just something we see on Sierra Chart boards. The truth is rarely in the middle - look for evidence and quality sources.

So, in response to the "you must look at excess deaths" argument, I did a tiny search for quality information. The CDC did an evaluation of excess deaths, way back before Donald's rallies and the joy of going maskless had driven the latest rise in the US deaths. A graphic summary:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e2.htm

1) Please note once again that there is no singular way of showing that an individual has died of Covid. Listed on the death certificate does not mean that a person has died as a result of Covid 19. Compare to something more virulent like Ebola which you can say is responsible for deaths with far more certainty .

2) Excess deaths have occurred in sectors of society that were going to be dying in the near future anyway i.e. the old, the sick, the infirm. See here for analysis in the UK https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/28/why-deaths-wales-england-below-five-year-average-covid-19-ons.

3) The recovery rate for Covid is extremely high. Hard to say what, but 95%+ appears to be the low end of the figure considering how confused testing stats seem to be.

4) Using UK figures, 2 people out of 100 who die of Covid (see point 1)
are under 50 years old. See here for fatality rates of people who are infected with Covid in.one study in Indiana. If you're under 40 years old the mortality rate is 0.01%. 40-59 years old=0.12% mortaility rate.

So entire economies and societies are being shut down because a virus doesn't kill anyone who is essentially in good health and under the age of 50 years old. Why society is not continuing as normal and sheltering those who are at risk until a vaccine is developed seems to be a legitimate position to take doesn't it?

Thanked by:

Last Updated on January 10, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts