NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Daytrading.Coach Review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one JonnyBoy with 64 posts (213 thanks)
    2. looks_two jeliner with 33 posts (60 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 17 posts (97 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 13 posts (95 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 7.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 5.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 3.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jeliner with 1.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 67,894 views
    2. thumb_up 653 thanks given
    3. group 566 followers
    1. forum 197 posts
    2. attach_file 74 attachments

Search this Thread

Daytrading.Coach Review

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 706
Thanks Received: 3,854

Coach Lane Faking Live Trades? Again? You decide

Same story as my post above. After I exposed DTC of this deceiving practice a little while ago (way before this thread was started and something I'll discuss in a later post) they likely believed they had removed all of the videos that showed their deception of NOT trading from a live account. When they did so, unbelievably only 4 videos remained!

However, I believe I have exposed Coach Lane yet again. This time on the video highlighted below, which means he has been exposed on 2 out of 2 of his videos.

Exactly the same situation this time around as my post above. He supposedly had 4 resting limit orders at his profit level which does not align with the order book of 1, appearing to prove yet again it was traded from a SIM account. In addition the market did not penetrate his profit target level. This doesn't mean you won't get filled on a limit order but it is unlikely.

The DOM although not as finite as the T&S doesn't lie.

Some may ask, what do I have against DTC? The answer is nothing. It is a free country and you can do what you want. And if people want to pay out $13k for their training and get no free trial, then go for it.

My issue is with their deception and their marketing technique to get normal people to part with their hard earned cash. Calgary has been devastated by the Covid-19 crisis and unemployment is high. Regular people are looking for a different career and when they see a day trading career portrayed by DTC as an easy way to become a millionaire (yes, they use that a lot), it really gets my goat.

I can see that Bing and Google have started to index this thread, so if you are reading this whilst researching for a review on Day Trading Coach, Calgary, Alberta. I implore you to please do your due diligence. So far, none of their practices IMO appear to be honest, except for taking your money.

--------------------------------------------------------
- Trade what you see. Invest in what you believe -

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Coach Jovan - LIVE trading video (SIM account NOT a LIVE account)

I had an interesting interaction today. Outside of FIO, a local Calgary trader wanted to discuss Day Trading Coach with me over Skype. At first I had no idea if this was a real request or this was DTC themselves. Either way, I obliged and fortunately they were a real ''student'' of DTC. They are currently in the DTC program but they have been extremely suspicious that not everything is as it seems and some red flags have popped up for them too late. The issue is, they just don't have the trading knowledge to counter them.

Unfortunately, they paid over $10k and are kind of stuck inside of it right now. They allowed me to take a look through all of the paraphernalia they have received from DTC in exchange for going through one of Coach Jovan's videos and explaining how the DOM / Order Book works in real time.

A video I said, why yes, I have many of them! I have after all been investigating these guys for a little while now as you can probably gather!

Like all of the ''trading'' videos (prior to Jovan removing them from YouTube after being exposed), this video was in the public domain available on YouTube. I chose this video because there is some interaction with other coaches that I thought was interesting.

I say coaches but I am not 100% sure. Remember, I already exposed Coach Lane in my prior posts so I can only allege that the other coaches must be aware of the practice to deceive taking real positions vs. SIM positions.

Anyway, after taking a losing trade Jovan jumps right back in. He doubles his position but unfortunately for him the DOM doesn't lie. At some points in video, the number of contracts he was supposedly trading were about 80% to 95% of the entire price level! If you don't want to watch the video I have time stamped the snapshots from it.

Again, when the resting limit orders in the book are lower than the number of contracts supposedly resting at his profit level means the trade was taken in SIM. Not a LIVE account.

All traders and I mean ALL traders should be aware of exactly how the order book works. So how Jovan can claim he has 20+ years trading experience without knowing he would be exposed via his DOM is incredible to me. This is exactly how Doran ''The Pit Bull'' Trader got exposed and has since disappeared as have many other charlatan traders when the truth finally catches up with them. The DOM doesn't lie.

My intention with DTC is to educate people about their dishonest practices. I have no problem with what they are doing. Their ''education'' might be amazing but before you write that check, take a breath and understand what you are getting into. There is no free trial once that check has been cashed.

I have now read through all of their terms and conditions and license agreements and they are 100% water tight as governed by the laws within the province of Alberta, but let's be clear I have never stated they are doing anything illegal. And they actually admit in their Terms of Service that any trades shown may not actually be executed by a coach or moderator.

And they also state that ''No coach or moderator, norany[sic] other person included in the DTC Group, is required to verify or maintain trade records or otherwise substantiate any trades, nor are any of them required to engage in any trading or investment strategy.'' - which is essentially their ''out'' for not requiring to prove any trades via brokerage statements or to put it bluntly DTC don't have to prove any trades at all - even on request of the students.

This IMO is a bit of a reach. People have paid because they trust what you are showing them. Once that trust is eroded I am not sure there is much left.

Anyway, here is the video.

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: Tuesday-Jan-14-2020-2-trades.mp4

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Day Trading.Coach Scam of Live Trading Continues

After I exposed the ''original'' Day Trading Coach YouTube channel for Day Trading.Coach, they simply removed the majority of the videos (which I commented on above) and then created another YouTube channel altogether. You can go and see for yourself the Jovan and Co. NON LIVE TRADING continuing.

DAY TRADING COACH DO NOT TRADE FROM A LIVE ACCOUNT

Their new YouTube channel is here:
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDWm83gVWxbsv9WhaNMH6jQ[/yt]

Within 15 seconds I found a fake live trade from Jovan. Same principles as above as to why this was NOT traded from a live account. Amazing. What lengths will these guys go to to keep the fakery alive?

Here is a snapshot:

Please, please do your due diligence. These guys DO NOT TRADE FROM LIVE ACCOUNTS!

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

Has Coach Jovan risen from the ashes of New Futures Trading International Corporation, Fernando Fagundes (alias Henry Roche)? (alleged and unconfirmed)

I received some information today with respect to the Ontario Securities Commission investigation into New Futures Trading International Corporation.

There are some as yet unconfirmed new rumours that Coach Jovan from Day Trading.Coach in Calgary, Alberta is allegedly Fernando Fagundes (alias Henry Roche). (alleged and unconfirmed)

Citing a 2011 article
"A Bedford-based Internet trading corporation is actually a Ponzi scheme run by a Canadian resident who used it to pay off previous investors and build up his Ontario horse farm, according to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The SEC charges that Henry Roche bilked about 14 investors in nine states out of $1.3 million though the New Futures Trading International Corp."

https://www.westlawecarswell.com/oscb/on3613/on3613-0.htm
https://www.nhbr.com/sec-alleges-n-h-based-ponzi-scheme/
https://www.osc.ca/en/Proceedings_rad_20130531_new-futures2.htm
https://www.sec.gov/litigation/litreleases/2011/lr22159.htm

The links above that were sent to me by an external source.

To be very clear, this is unconfirmed information right now. Although a deep web search produced some interesting finds.

EDIT: I re-worded this to clarify. As yet, these are unconfirmed rumours and any information purported that Coach Jovan was Fernando Fagundes (alias Henry Roche and/or any of the other aliases used) is alleged.

I will pass this information on to Alberta's SEC at a suggestion of my buddy. He was given a slap on the wrist in 2003 by Alberta's SEC so he knows how things work.

jeliner 
Spokane Washington

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradeStation
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, CL, YM, GC, NQ, Forex Majors
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 61

Hello Everyone:

It has been a long time since I have logged onto these forums. I am doing so today because of the letter I received from an attorney representing The Day Trading Coach. I have attached the letter to this eMail. It appears that the folks at The Day Trading Coach thinks I am JohnnyBoy from this forum. I am not.

So who am I:

My name is Johnny Liner, a medical practitioner and wana be futures trader. I have failed at trading now since 1984 when I was first introduced to the concept. I have bought books, seminars, software, and the like year after-year, chasing one supposedly working method after another. I spend tens of thousands of dollars each year trying and failing.

One such attempt try and failed attempt came about 2 years ago with The Day Trading Coach. Although, to be fair to Mr. Jovan, I didn't have much of an opportunity to make an attempt. While I was looking into his system I was also reviewing others. I attended everyone of his live trading sessions, and even recorded some of them to replay over and over again to try and learn it. Mr Jovan spent about 60% of the time talking about Chakra and how we can command the universe around us, including the markets, and about 40% of the time explaining the trading system and plan. Part of his program required that I do homework that involved me writing statements on how much I believed the universe owed me a living an how the universe can bend to my will at making me a successful trader. Then I would get my weekly calls that berated me and belittle me because my demands from the universe was not convincing enough. Every call and training session we were require to listen to him command the universe to remove negative thoughts and ideas from our mind and to inject positive thoughts simply by commanding it so. I think this part of the program was trying to develop a "mentality" for trading - but unfortunately I am not as much an abstract thinker and such things didn't appeal to me. The only interest I really had was in his indicators, trading plan, and how he used them - which he seemed to provide little content on.

With respect to Mr JohnnyBoys claims that his trades are on simulation, I can not answer. I can tell you this however. We logged into his system and watch him trade live markets almost daily. I would watch him on one computer and have ninjatrader running his system on the other - and his trades seem to match. He did this live and gave us opportunities to ask questions about the trades. I had no reason to believe that these were recordings.

So, does his system and trading method work - maybe. I can tell you that it never worked for me.

So, In the mean time, while I was playing with his system, I downloaded some other indicators that looked interesting and was attempting to code them in such a way they would support multiple time frames - an idea that I thought was useful from his system. I sought out help on the NinjaTrader forums because I was having difficulty setting up indicators on a current timeframe chart from a different chart. Mr Jovan saw those posts on NinjaTrader and turned off my ninjatrader indicators (which at the time was on Ninja7). Mr Jovan thought I was trying to steal his software. While the indicators I was working on were based on linear regression intercept and moving averages of it - I use his ribbon look and applied it to my indicator. The images are on the NinjaTrader forums. I sent him all my code - but still none-the-less he accused me of trying to steal his software.

So, After Mr Jovan cutoff my access to his indicators on Ninja7, I could no longer "practice" his method. So, I only get to play with his stuff about 1 month before I was cutoff. Mr Jovan did send me a refund of 80% of what I paid for the program at the time as well.

So we parted ways and I never heard from him again ... until Mr JohnnyBoy here starts making posts on this form about his service. As a result, I have a threat of a lawsuit. I have attached the letter to this post for everyone to read and for the forum owners/monitors to read as well.

Plain and Simple: I am not JohnnyBoy. I guess they assumed from my past and the fact my first name is Johnny that it is me. The phone number to the attorney is in the letter, so if anyone would like to call Mr Ryan (forum owners or Mr JohnnyBoy) and straighten this mess out, I would be greatful.

Best regards and happy investing:
Johnny

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: jelNoticeD.pdf

Devil Man 
Fort Lauderdale
Legendary / Stochastic Calculus is not your friend

Experience: None
Platform: Ninjatrader, Python API
Broker: CQG
Trading: ES,NQ,CL
Thanks Given: 3,399
Thanks Received: 1,534

jeliner View Post
Hello Everyone:

It has been a long time since I have logged onto these forums. I am doing so today because of the letter I received from an attorney representing The Day Trading Coach. I have attached the letter to this eMail. It appears that the folks at The Day Trading Coach thinks I am JohnnyBoy from this forum. I am not.

So who am I:

My name is Johnny Liner, a medical practitioner and wana be futures trader. I have failed at trading now since 1984 when I was first introduced to the concept. I have bought books, seminars, software, and the like year after-year, chasing one supposedly working method after another. I spend tens of thousands of dollars each year trying and failing.

One such attempt try and failed attempt came about 2 years ago with The Day Trading Coach. Although, to be fair to Mr. Jovan, I didn't have much of an opportunity to make an attempt. While I was looking into his system I was also reviewing others. I attended everyone of his live trading sessions, and even recorded some of them to replay over and over again to try and learn it. Mr Jovan spent about 60% of the time talking about Chakra and how we can command the universe around us, including the markets, and about 40% of the time explaining the trading system and plan. Part of his program required that I do homework that involved me writing statements on how much I believed the universe owed me a living an how the universe can bend to my will at making me a successful trader. Then I would get my weekly calls that berated me and belittle me because my demands from the universe was not convincing enough. Every call and training session we were require to listen to him command the universe to remove negative thoughts and ideas from our mind and to inject positive thoughts simply by commanding it so. I think this part of the program was trying to develop a "mentality" for trading - but unfortunately I am not as much an abstract thinker and such things didn't appeal to me. The only interest I really had was in his indicators, trading plan, and how he used them - which he seemed to provide little content on.

With respect to Mr JohnnyBoys claims that his trades are on simulation, I can not answer. I can tell you this however. We logged into his system and watch him trade live markets almost daily. I would watch him on one computer and have ninjatrader running his system on the other - and his trades seem to match. He did this live and gave us opportunities to ask questions about the trades. I had no reason to believe that these were recordings.

So, does his system and trading method work - maybe. I can tell you that it never worked for me.

So, In the mean time, while I was playing with his system, I downloaded some other indicators that looked interesting and was attempting to code them in such a way they would support multiple time frames - an idea that I thought was useful from his system. I sought out help on the NinjaTrader forums because I was having difficulty setting up indicators on a current timeframe chart from a different chart. Mr Jovan saw those posts on NinjaTrader and turned off my ninjatrader indicators (which at the time was on Ninja7). Mr Jovan thought I was trying to steal his software. While the indicators I was working on were based on linear regression intercept and moving averages of it - I use his ribbon look and applied it to my indicator. The images are on the NinjaTrader forums. I sent him all my code - but still none-the-less he accused me of trying to steal his software.

So, After Mr Jovan cutoff my access to his indicators on Ninja7, I could no longer "practice" his method. So, I only get to play with his stuff about 1 month before I was cutoff. Mr Jovan did send me a refund of 80% of what I paid for the program at the time as well.

So we parted ways and I never heard from him again ... until Mr JohnnyBoy here starts making posts on this form about his service. As a result, I have a threat of a lawsuit. I have attached the letter to this post for everyone to read and for the forum owners/monitors to read as well.

Plain and Simple: I am not JohnnyBoy. I guess they assumed from my past and the fact my first name is Johnny that it is me. The phone number to the attorney is in the letter, so if anyone would like to call Mr Ryan (forum owners or Mr JohnnyBoy) and straighten this mess out, I would be greatful.

Johnny

@jeliner WOW!...i've had baseless letters like that sent to me by lawyers...my response was to wipe my ass with the letter, stuff it in an envelope and send it back to them! Worked like a champ!

best to you

Johnny

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

jeliner View Post
Hello Everyone:

So who am I:

Johnny

Well, I would say that this is quite an embarrassing position DTC and their lawyers have manoeuvred themselves into. Talk about a lack of due diligence. You are not me and I am not you.

Thank you for posting this. This appears to be typical posturing from a legal perspective in a bid to try and salvage some credibility. They have been exposed and they don't like it. IMO this has only further exacerbated any issues and will cause more harm to them rather than letting a thread on a forum die in the ether.

Correct. The licensing of indicators is not illegal. Nobody said it was. As stated above, Jovan took the NT7 indicators distributed by @Fat Tails (under the GNU General Public License) probably from this forum and changed their name to fit under the umbrella of Golden Falcon Trading Pro. This is a fact. I have concrete evidence that the original @Fat Tails indicators were used as part of Family First Dynasty which later morphed into Day Trading Coach.

Ray from https://www.innovative-trading-solutions-online.com/ aka @RJay (on FIO) is used by DTC as their ''IT expert" to install the DTC suite of indicators on your machine via Team Viewer. So, I expect (not confirmed) that he was also involved in coding up their entire Golden Falcon Trading Pro suite, essentially taking the NT7 @Fat Tails suite of indicators he was given and updating them to NT8 and renaming them in the process. Only he will be able to confirm or deny his involvement with DTC. To be fair to him it is/was just another coding job but to the best of my knowledge he is still involved with DTC to this date. I have seen him read this thread on a number of occasions.

Nobody said repackaging indicators was illegal. Unethical? You bet.

Correct. The demonstration or teaching of trading through the use of a simulator is not illegal. Nobody said it was. As stated above, the DTC trades shown were trades taken but not from a LIVE real dollar account. They may have been taken from a LIVE feed, but not a LIVE real dollar account. Their YouTube videos have [LIVE TRADING] or words to that effect which may lead people to believe they were taken from a LIVE real dollar account. They were not.

The DOM doesn't lie. The trades discussed in this thread were taken on a SIM account. This is a fact and has been verified through a number of parties including NinjaTrader themselves. Why did DTC go to the extent within NinjaTrader to change the colour of the SIM DOM to that of a LIVE DOM? Was it to fool people into thinking they were trading on a LIVE feed from a LIVE dollar account? One can only wonder.

If they are able to provide brokerage statements AND the CME routing number (for me to verify) for any of the trades discussed in this thread, it would be fair to remove the post. We all receive daily brokerage statements, so it wouldn't be hard to find or for them to post after each YouTube video. If you really want people to believe you are trading with real dollars from a live account - just post your brokerage statement as part of the YouTube video - the problem is you can only do this when trading from a live account. And herein lies the issue.

JonnyBoy 
Montreal, Quebec

And if anybody had any doubts this reaffirms everything I have been saying.

DTC posted a video on November 03, 2020 named "DayTrading.Coach Wednesday October 28 2020 1 long trade 2 minutes 2 $200. 00"

Of course the usual story here. Jovan supposedly has 20 LMT order contracts resting at 1557.50. The sell side ladder only has (at the time of the snapshot) 10 resting limit orders at this price. So, if he was trading from a LIVE dollar account, the number of resting limit orders would be reflected in the order book. I.E it should read 30, but it doesn't because the trade by DTC was taken in SIM. This cannot be disputed. It is how the order book works and how the CME exchange works. This is a fact.

So, DTC have the DOM coloured (in NT) as if they are trading from a LIVE account (you have to go and change this setting yourself in NT) using real dollars and the title of the video is "DayTrading.Coach Wednesday October 28 2020 1 long trade 2 minutes 2 $200. 00".

This is the setting in NT where you can change the DOM to appear the same colour as if you are trading from a LIVE account.

Thanked by:

jeliner 
Spokane Washington

Thank you Mr. JohnnyBoy for your reply, but unfortunately, this is not helpful for my situation. I thought after trying and failing with The Day Trading Coach system over 2 years ago, that I would never have to see this guy again. Since becoming one of his initial batch of students and parting ways with him, I never once mentioned him or his services on any public forum ever. My failure was my own and I moved on, but this is not good enough for Mr Jovan, The Day Trading Coach company, or his attorney.

Now, in just three short days, I have a lawsuit coming. Despite having notified The Day Trading Coach attorney, Ryan, that I am not you, they have not contacted me to let me know that continued pursuit of legal action against me would be dismissed. So, now I need to find a lawyer of my own to investigate this whole mess and to clear me of these charges, this I am doing on Monday.

I am trying to be proactive about this before I am sued for all I am worth. I have filed a complaint against DTC with the US SEC today concerning the issues related to the law suit (https://www.sec.gov/oiea/Complaint.html). I have also submitted an email to ([email protected]) which is the Canadian version of the SEC, trying to reach out for help.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what I can do? I don't want to do noting and hope this all goes away, then find myself in a big lawsuit that I cant afford, for something that I didn't even do. I was thinking about calling the local police as well? Should I do that?

Thanked by:

jeliner 
Spokane Washington

JonnyBoy View Post
Well, I would say that this is quite an embarrassing position DTC and their lawyers have manoeuvred themselves into. Talk about a lack of due diligence. You are not me and I am not you.

The attorney did his due diligence. When I was a student of the DTC program a few years ago, I lived in Arlington, Texas. When they sent the letter to me it had my Washington address, where I am living now. They are just firmly convinced that I am you.

Last Updated on December 2, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts