NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Daytrading.Coach Review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one JonnyBoy with 64 posts (213 thanks)
    2. looks_two jeliner with 33 posts (60 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 17 posts (97 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 13 posts (95 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 7.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 5.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 JonnyBoy with 3.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 jeliner with 1.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 69,160 views
    2. thumb_up 653 thanks given
    3. group 566 followers
    1. forum 197 posts
    2. attach_file 74 attachments

Search this Thread

Daytrading.Coach Review

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,442
Thanks Received: 26,278

Formatting issue seems not related to this thread and @artemiso's post after all. But it is coming and going in odd ways, and @xplorer also has a changelog post about it.

More in the changelog.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Thanks Given: 57,442
Thanks Received: 26,278

It is interesting that @JonnyBoy's correspondent did not see the limit orders on the DOM when he tried it, but I think we need to understand how he went about testing it.

I think that anyone will get the same results following the steps in @JonnyBoy's video file titled "RTY Live Trading Account REAL LIMIT Order Placement" (the first of three), attached to this post:

They should make sure they are in their connected live account, and should place their orders a good distance from the current market price and cancel quickly so there is little chance of the market taking a sudden lunge in their direction and getting them filled. Testing with large orders might be a little risky.

If, after following these steps, the test did not show the expected results, then it would need to be examined to find out why not.

The way that orders on the DOM are displayed is standard and well-known. Orders placed on the book show in the DOM and stay until they are matched. If resting orders were not visible to any market participant, order flow trading, which is widely practiced, would not be possible. Any actual live limit order that is placed on the book is available for anyone to see, using a variety of tools that include the DOM.

If it does not show, it was not submitted to the exchange. It is actually very simple.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,384
Thanks Received: 10,206

artemiso View Post
The solution? For CME, I recommend everyone just inquire with their broker if they can use the CME Direct platform for click trading. I don't see why brokers won't support it, it's industry standard and I think (I don't remember paying an iLink session cost, although it might've just have been waived so I didn't remember it), much cheaper than any retail platform. You only pay for the display data, and it's waived if you do a few contracts. I use that for last resort click trading if everything else breaks. Edit: it has all the data, and I think has better UI and symbology than all of the retail platforms I've touched.

I would especially use it for options. It comes with QuikStrike which I think is the best vol curve fitting tool you can get for free. Even my colleagues at top 10 OMM firms use it.

Maybe this has changed recently, but CME Direct (CME's version of WebICE cough cough!) used to be limited to larger traders, prop shops and institutions. In fact checking the website it still says CME Direct: One-Stop Trading: Futures, Options and Blocks for Institutional Traders

Ty199
Joplin, Mo. Jasper

Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 47

What are these support and resistance lines called ? Well, let me say that again, who has these or what programmer makes them ? I have some but they are real thick and that makes having a support line 4 points kinda usless. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trigger Lines.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	306700  

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

Ty199 View Post
What are these support and resistance lines called ? Well, let me say that again, who has these or what programmer makes them ? I have some but they are real thick and that makes having a support line 4 points kinda usless. Thanks

They're not support/resistance lines. The indicator is just a linear regression/EMA combo with some fancy graphics.

See this post:

'>[url]https://nexusfi.com/elite-circle/1261-want-your-ninjatrader-indicator-created-free-1580.html#post750104[/URL]

Thanked by:
Ty199
Joplin, Mo. Jasper

Ty199 View Post

Sorry I should have pointed them out a little more. I drew some arrows to the ones I was trying to mention. I have some but they range from 3 to 5 points, these seem to be more narrow and dont cloud the screen so much.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SR Lines.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	306701  

jeliner 
Spokane Washington

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradeStation
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, CL, YM, GC, NQ, Forex Majors
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 61

Ty199 View Post
Sorry I should have pointed them out a little more. I drew some arrows to the ones I was trying to mention. I have some but they range from 3 to 5 points, these seem to be more narrow and dont cloud the screen so much.

The the ribbon band is comprised of two parts ... the Eagle whose data is based on the time frame of the current chart (ie 8bar, 16bar, 32bar). The other band he calls the hawk is actually the eagle of the next higher chart.... so on an 8bar chart, the hawk on a 8 bar chart is the eagle on a 16 bar chart.

does this help?

justtrader 
San Francisco, CA

Platform: Ninja Trader, TOS
Trading: es, rty, cl, gc, nq, ym
Thanks Given: 104
Thanks Received: 173

I am also wondering about the horizontal bands. What is the name of the indicator that plots those lines? Is there one on futures.io?

Ty199
Joplin, Mo. Jasper

I have a set that installed on my NT8 that I got free from trading indicators. But they are thick and can range from 1 point to 5 points as S/R. I have been playing with them and seems what time frame you use or ticks or renko which works sometimes they differ in size.

jeliner 
Spokane Washington

Platform: NinjaTrader, TradeStation
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, CL, YM, GC, NQ, Forex Majors
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 61

justtrader View Post
I am also wondering about the horizontal bands. What is the name of the indicator that plots those lines? Is there one on futures.io?

The horizontal boxes? Those are supposed to be support and resistance areas. Not sure on the premise that the are created on.

Last Updated on December 2, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts