NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Dream Country to Live

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one lightsun47 with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two sharmas with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    3. looks_3 GFIs1 with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Salasar with 2 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one JBWTrader with 5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Anagami with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SBtrader82 with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sharmas with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,513 views
    2. thumb_up 15 thanks given
    3. group 31 followers
    1. forum 23 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

Dream Country to Live

lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 492
Thanks Received: 296

UAE is not a bad option either. A lot of Emirates to choose from, but primarily go for Abu Dhabi or Dubai itself. Plenty of places to live, see, do, etc. No taxes from what I know, but might have to still file your annual trading taxes. Very safe and friendly to outsiders. And of course, the hub to connect anywhere in the world, with Europe only a few hours of flight away.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 JBWTrader 
Murrays Bay

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT*,Tradestation
Trading: ES, NQ
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Seconds
Thanks Given: 3,704
Thanks Received: 97

Summary
If you make $150,000 a year living in New Zealand, you will be taxed $42,134. That means that your net pay will be $107,866 per year, or $8,989 per month. Your average tax rate is 28.09% and your marginal tax rate is 33.00%. This marginal tax rate means that your immediate additional income will be taxed at this rate. For instance, an increase of $100 in your salary will be taxed $33.00, hence, your net pay will only increase by $67.00.
Bonus Example
A $1,000 bonus will generate an extra $670 of net revenues. A $5,000 bonus will generate an extra $3,350 of net revenues.
Compare average tax

other countries comparison , see attached. cheers

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

mtzimmer1 
Upstate NY
Recovering Method Hopper

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS
Broker: TD Ameritrade
Trading: Equities, Treasuries, Gold
Thanks Given: 2,201
Thanks Received: 1,918

I love the US, and I've only seen a tiny fraction of the entire country. I can't fathom what else exists within the bounds of this great nation, much less the entire world! I better make a lot of money trading because I have a lot of traveling to do in this life!!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

SBtrader82   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,333

Salasar View Post
Hi there!
Guys, if you had enough money where would you live? In what country?
Last year I wanted to live in the USA but after recent events changed my mind completely. Now my dream place is Spain, somewhere by the sea. It is a gorgeous country with a huge number of advantages. At the moment my dream destination is Punta Prima, in the Costa Blanca area. It is a quite expensive region but with great value for money correlation, my opinion.
What about you?

Hi, I just read your post. I am from Northen Italy and I have been living in Spain fro 10+ years. I have been living in Valencia which is the biggest city in the area costa brava/costa blanca, it is just 40 minutes from Javea where you will see many villas on the beach.
If you want to be happy and close to the seaside and in a great city with lot of sports and things to do, I suggesto you go to and live there.
When I first arrived in Valencia prices were really low. I used to pay 450 euro for a 120 square meter apartment. Now prices are higher, rent is between 600 and 800 per month for 100 sq meter apartment.
If you prefer the seaside, go and live in Sagunto, check the playa called "canet de berenger"...I will give you pics if you want.

I lived in Valencia from 2009 until the pandemic, when I decided it was wiser to come back to northen Italy where my parents are located.
In Valencia and in Spain you willl be very happy for several years but don't underestimate the fact of living somewhere as a foreigner. I speak almost perfect Spanish and I am from Italy so you might say that our cultures are very similar.
Indeed after some years I realized I had no friends in Spain. The cultural level in Spain is very low.

If you speak even to a doctor the general culture that he has, from politics to history, art etc... is very limited (that's also why they are happy). So after some years you realize you have nothing to talk to anyone, there will be no depth to any conversation. Same thing apply to all south America, my wife is from there and I have been in South America many many times, you get bored quickly.

The good news is that there is a big community of foreigners above all English speaking.
Also if you are a native English speaker you have a job, because people pay 20 euro per hour to practice English with native speakers and noone checks if you pay taxes on those.... and there will be hundreds of language schools offering a job to you.

So if your dream country is Spain you can go there tomorrow. :-)

Thanked by:
wewillfindhim
canada

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 1

Honestly, Canada really isn't that terrible even with high taxes. Vancouver is green year round, EXTREMELY clean and moderate climate

Salasar
Toronto

Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 10

indhim View Post
Honestly, Canada really isn't that terrible even with high taxes. Vancouver is green year round, EXTREMELY clean and moderate climate But I would pick St Petersburg. Last year I had a 2-week trip there via [COLOR="Black"]Vodohod[/COLOR] and was amazed at the beauty of this city

Did you manage to see the white nights there? They say they are is really fantastic

Symple
Zuerich / Switzerland

Thanks Given: 1,315
Thanks Received: 2,286

Here just my 2c to the topic:

If I wanted to emigrate in the present time, one of the main topics for me would be, besides the language and the mentality of the respective people, the respective corona policy of the possible country.

Possible goal for me in the today's time could be Russia, since I was already there and also once a friend from there had. St. Petersburg was already mentioned here. The problem would be the language, because I don't speak Russian.

Florida would fulfill the conditions concerning the Corona policy. Other plus points are the weather and life in general, which is very American. In addition, no problem with the language. Thus I could seriously imagine to emigrate there.

Thailand was mentioned. I have been trading from Thailand for some time. Work went off just in the evening, but was no problem, because at the time you could go even in the morning at two o'clock still in a bar or restaurant. Today, the situation in Thailand is bad for foreigners, mainly because of the policy Corona uses to install an absolute surveillance of each foreigner. In fact, it has already done so.

For a while, the Philippines were also on the plan for me. Also there I was once and again. Many speak English and life is similar to Thailand. You can also get in touch with the locals very quickly. But also there is a bad climate at the moment because of the way politics deals with Corona.

Brazil is another country that was once in focus. I was also there from time to time to see how it lives there. Quickly found contact and quickly got along with normal life. English was ok and learning more Portuguese would not be a problem.

I was in Spain, also on the Canary Islands, as a very young hitchhiker. If Spain, then most likely on these islands. About the treatment of the locals with the foreigners who then live there permanently, I have not heard the best.

At the moment I am following a thread of a German who emigrated to Bulgaria. I don't know if I would like it there, but I can imagine visiting the country.

Generally speaking, I think it's important to have been to the country you want to emigrate to a few times. In this way you can research important things on the spot and get a certain idea of what it would be like when the time comes.

Symple

GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,563

Living there from where this forum xyz.io is located:

Of course this means Indian Ocean

Nice climate, island with languages like english, french, hindi, chinese and more.
I will not reveal where...

BUT:
Most important is to get a passport from the place you are going to! At the START! You can obtain it in some places by buying in with commodities, projects etc.
Trading is not the most important condition (time zones...)
If you have children in education - that is a crucial point for their future. So some quick movements are not recommended eventually.

Other points are:
• connectivity (for travel purpose)
• best internet connections - test before you move!
• security
• high quality banks
• AND finally: please speak the local language fluently - if not you will be quickly in trouble

Think of TWO locations - one that is your base and another where you can jump to when the conditions are best (climate, crowds/prices etc.)

Good luck!
GFIs1

lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 492
Thanks Received: 296

^I am sure you're talking about beautiful island of Mauritius. Very nice place.

Like someone else mentioned, it is highly recommended to visit the place beforehand a few times, so you can get the idea what to expect when we/you finally make the decision to permanently settle down there.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:

Anagami 
Cancun, Mexico
Legendary Market Hustler

Experience: Advanced
Trading: MES
Thanks Given: 707
Thanks Received: 2,300

emzee View Post
Very nice, I've heard of many great things about Thailand but I don't think I'd be able to handle the heat. Need some AC.

I divide my time up between Thailand, Mexico, and Colombia... and love all 3!

You get used to the heat in Thailand. One hot season, I made an experiment to stop using AC completely and I was fine. Of course, when I came back from an air-conditioned mall, I was feeling like I was in a sauna in my condo... but that passes. haha In any case, some places in Thailand are significantly cooler than others. It's not all the same.

You are never in the wrong place... but sometimes you are in the right place looking at things in the wrong way.
Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 26, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts