NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Best broker and data feed for Sierra Charts?

Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wisp with 9 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two 58LesPaul with 5 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 qsceszwasdx with 5 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 KXRTrading123 with 5 posts (9 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one lezzlee with 3.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ondafringe with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Midknight with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 KXRTrading123 with 1.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 40,549 views
    2. thumb_up 80 thanks given
    3. group 250 followers
    1. forum 70 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Best broker and data feed for Sierra Charts?

NondualTrader
Rochester, NY

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 37

I use Sierra Chart (package 5) with the Denali feed and Interactive Brokers. SC engineers seem to really hate IBKR, but they were the broker and FCM that I was most comfortable with using after a lot of research and time spent talking to other firms. AMP is a tiny firm (last I remember their adjusted net capital was around $5 million whereas IBKR is around $5 billion) and yet their intraday margins requirements are minuscule. That’s a risky combination in my view so I prefer a larger firm that requires full CME margin rates. If I had to switch I’d probably consider Advantage Futures, Optimus Futures, or Edge Clear but they’re all smaller and I don’t think their margin requirements are as high (though I’m pretty certain the latter two both use Dorman as the FCM which has as solid reputation).

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

luv2trade 
Charlotte NC/USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra chart, ninja trader, metatrader
Trading: Futures/forex
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 13

I have used Ninjatrader in the past and now have used Sierra Charts for several years. Personally, I like Sierra charts best, especially if you use order flow, TPO charts, and volume profiles as I think Sierra is excellent in charting these. I use AMP brokerage. Just so you know, AMP gives you free Sierra charts, HOWEVER, the free one is package 3 which does NOT include tick data necessary for order flow, TPO, and volume profile data. You can either upgrade to Package 5 thru the brokerage (which I believe is $25 a month), or pay for Sierra charts separately on your own and pay for longer periods (such as 6 months or a year), which then ends up being less expensive. (that's what I do). Hope this helps! Good luck!

lezzlee
Budapest, Hungary

Thanks Given: 41
Thanks Received: 37

If you trade futures then it worth to note that Sierra develops its own feed and order routing.
https://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?page=doc/SierraChartOrderRoutingServiceWithData.php

You can check the Sierra supported trading services here:
https://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?page=doc/SupportedDataAndTradingServices.php

Thanked by:
 packoz 
Glenview, Illinois

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TS, Sierra Chart,
Broker: TS
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 0

I agree with AMP/Denali feed. They had to walk me through on the connect, but I have been very satisfied with the results.

jaketrades 
GLADEWATER

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 0

I use Sierra and they are a good low cost provider. I use AMP as a broker. They are good and low cost but others like edgeclear are good. I use CTG for data base may switch to Denali. Good luck!

Pocketful 
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ironbeam
Trading: MES YM
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 32

I don't use SC but have tried it in the past. Here is another broker https://sierrafutures.stage5trading.com/

Elji
Lyon France

Thanks Given: 1

Sierra is a swiss knife. You can choose among many brokers and several data feeds.

I recommend using Sierra's own data feed (which is a Barchart feed actually).

Sierra's order routing (via TT) is quite good.

EdgeClear   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 78

Sierra Chart works with multiple data feeds such as TT, CQG, and Rithmic. For your convenience, here is a link of other data providers Sierra Chart works with: https://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?page=doc/SupportedDataAndTradingServices.php

As for which FCM, data provider, or brokerage you should use, we believe it comes down to what your trading goals are. Depending on what contracts, margins, support, etc. you need, some firms may not provide what you are looking for. We suggest reaching out to multiple firms to determine which solution best fits your needs.

Introducing Brokers, like Edge Clear, clear through multiple firms to help facilitate whatever combination a trader needs. Each FCM offers a unique advantage, it's our job to find the best fit for you and Sierra Chart.

Hope this helps!

Please call us with any questions 773.832.8320 or 844.TRADE20. Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 meandthetrio 
New Orleans, LA

Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP Futures
Trading: ES - GC
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 4

KXRTrading123 View Post
AMP
Dorman
Advantage

I use AMP - Denali/TT is the best on SC

I currently use standard CQG data with Sierra, what do you like about the Denali/TT data?

EgoRisk 
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8, Bookmap
Trading: ES, MES
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 198

I have two questions:
1) isn't Denali it's own thing that you have to pay for..directly to Sierra regardless of your broker? But Denali actually uses TT? I never understood Denali or what it's draw was. I wish someone would ELI5 it to me.

2) does Sierra Chart separate out data feed and order routing feed, such that I could feed my charts with "Data Feed X" but send my orders through "Routing Feed Y". If memory serves, IRT does this and I'm wondering if anything else does.
And just to add, I believe EdgeClear has the best all-in round turn costs when using Rithmic for data and order routing, imo. Even beats AMP/Rithmic, which is insane.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 21, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts