NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Best broker and data feed for Sierra Charts?

Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one wisp with 9 posts (4 thanks)
    2. looks_two KXRTrading123 with 5 posts (9 thanks)
    3. looks_3 58LesPaul with 5 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 qsceszwasdx with 5 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one lezzlee with 3.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two ondafringe with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Midknight with 2.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 KXRTrading123 with 1.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 40,443 views
    2. thumb_up 80 thanks given
    3. group 250 followers
    1. forum 70 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

Best broker and data feed for Sierra Charts?

Average Joe
Singapore

Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 13

jmccabeVA View Post
Thanks to all for the info on Sierra and providers. I didn't see much discussion on Interactive Brokers. Does anyone have experience with Sierra and IBKR? What is your setup like? Any links to documentation on how this is setup?

Thanks.
-James

IB is okay IMO, but can be buggy such as missing dates once in a while, it can be fixed by just delete all data and download again. another bug is IB's level 2 does not work with SC Market depth historical graph at times (heat map), which SC is not motivated to solve unless you sub to their data.

The funny thing is that when I tried Denali for a month along side with IB, Denali is quite laggy under same settings. I am sure some users had same experience re denali data accuracy but as you know SC has achieved their head in the cloud status so we just have to make the best out of the situation until a better charting sw comes along.

Hope this helps.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
 britkid99 
Derby UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: Futures Options, CL
Thanks Given: 105
Thanks Received: 134

I have just switched to Denali feed from Interactive Brokers and find that the Denali does not include the Russell RUT cash index whereas IB did. It looks like SC support are determined not to provide it.

This is annoying as the RUT was a central plank of my RTY/M2K trading.
Can anyone confirm other data providers that DO provide the RUT.

KXRTrading123 
Salt Lake City

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart, TV, MT4
Trading: %Rates,FX,Index,Commodities
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 35

So you can get RUSSELL 2000 in the Denali Feed.

Look under CFD-FXCM in your Find Symbols and use the US2000 ticker. If you want to set this up so that it is not providing data in non-market hours just set that up in your chart time frames.

If you need market stats for the Russell you can find those in in the Market Stats section... Reminder that most stats symbols have been around for a long time so Rus2000 is "TF" .

If this still does not help then what I suggest (and do) is just have a Trading View account for all your cash work its very easy, super simple and cheap.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 britkid99 
Derby UK

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: Futures Options, CL
Thanks Given: 105
Thanks Received: 134

KXRTrading123 View Post
So you can get RUSSELL 2000 in the Denali Feed.

Look under CFD-FXCM in your Find Symbols and use the US2000 ticker. If you want to set this up so that it is not providing data in non-market hours just set that up in your chart time frames.

If you need market stats for the Russell you can find those in in the Market Stats section... Reminder that most stats symbols have been around for a long time so Rus2000 is "TF" .

If this still does not help then what I suggest (and do) is just have a Trading View account for all your cash work its very easy, super simple and cheap.

I have looked at that but it is the RTY with an offset and not really the RUT. On IB I overlaid the RUT over RTY and made adjustment for fair value. The results are very interesting and explain much of the futures movement along with the tick-tf which I also use a lot.

KXRTrading123 
Salt Lake City

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart, TV, MT4
Trading: %Rates,FX,Index,Commodities
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 35

OK, In that case I would use the Adv/Dec Ratio of TF it will show the fade/rally faster. But if you need the actual RUT it is not part of the CBOE index package so SC does not have it.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Merkd1904
Atlanta, Georgia

Thanks Given: 55
Thanks Received: 147

EdgeClear View Post
Thank you @fivewhy & @KXRTrading123!

Edge Clear uses Dorman Trading and Phillip Capital for Sierra Chart/TT.

1) The Denali Exchange Data Feed is managed directly through Sierra Chart. Denali is its own feed supplied by Sierra. You can subscribe to it without a brokerage account, however, without a funded brokerage account, you may be subject to professional market data fees. The Sierra Chart Order Routing Service is done through TTFix. You can use other order routing services along with Denali Exchange Data Feed if you prefer.

2) In order to run two data feeds in Sierra (CQG and TT for example), Sierra suggests running two instances of Sierra Chart. You can find the documentation for that here: https://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?page=doc/NewInstance.php. The instructions on this page are for sharing the market data and trading functionality from one instance of Sierra Chart with another instance.

Thanks!

Dude you nailed it.

I just stumbled my way into this solution the other day as well. Would have saved me a lot of time if I had seen this post beforehand.

Thanked by:

tradersam 
phx AZ US

Platform: sierra chart
Broker: Infinity
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 484
Thanks Received: 267

I am using infinity and sierra. Pay $30 for using sierra per month.
Like it. Infinity Futures has been bought by Ninja.

You can practise your skills all day long, but it's comparatively easy to get better at playing. The hard thing is to get better at winning--anonymous
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
jamin888
London

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

I use AMP and CQG for routing, Denali for data, works great

Thanked by:
hr719
jackson mississippi

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4

What is the best data feed all together? I had amp with CQG and another instance of sierra chart with a Uprofit Combine with Rithmic login with full market depth. I noticed that my dom was working fine with both sessions, but the charts had a lot of major differences in candles. I have package 11 with denali and it's enabled in settings, yet the charts looked different. I'm wondering, which broker is best for the most accurate candles.

qsceszwasdx 
Taipei Taiwan

Platform: TV, SC, QT
Broker: Interactive Brokers & Taiwan local brokers & AMP Futures
Trading: Stocks, Commodity & Index Futures
Thanks Given: 135
Thanks Received: 100

hr719 View Post
What is the best data feed all together? I had amp with CQG and another instance of sierra chart with a Uprofit Combine with Rithmic login with full market depth. I noticed that my dom was working fine with both sessions, but the charts had a lot of major differences in candles. I have package 11 with denali and it's enabled in settings, yet the charts looked different. I'm wondering, which broker is best for the most accurate candles.

Best data feed for Sierra Charts is Denali data feed

Last Updated on November 21, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts